What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Hi Shadecatcher,

Michael Moore isn't on my list of favorites either, but you're right about Fahrenheit 9/11. I loved when he stood out in front of Congress asking these elected officials to drag their 'little snowflakes' out of their East coast Ivy League dorms to go to Iraq.

He nailed it is right. Thanks for posting this.

I was just talking to a woman the other day who said her 23 yr old is being deployed by the end of March. That's like NOW.

Sorry to be a hijacker of this thread..stepping off my soapbox now.

:)

Hi Planted. Thank you for the comments. I found Capitalism the stronger film but Fahrenheit 9/11 is very provocative. I liked when he intercepted congressmen on the street as well. In Capitalism he ropes off the stock exchange with crime scene tape. That about says it all. Back in 2005 I was working in NYC and met a woman from Spanish Harlem. She said her son, who was head hunted by the military in high school was being bombarded with phone calls every morning from the Army to ensure he was still going to turn up for duty. After the recruiters promised his parents that he'd never be deployed to a war zone because he was the family's only son, he was on his way to Iraq. The gov could always depend on filling their ranks with young men and women from economically depressed areas with Ivy Leaguers left untouched. But that began to change back in 2005 as more Spanish Harlem mothers and many others began to speak out. It is an injustice.

Didn't know Jeff Healey was in a film. I met him/saw him perform once at his (then) club in Toronto about ten years ago. So sad that he's not with us anymore, great musician.

yes Jeff plays a few songs which are on the soundtrack CD the film is not bad either ... I saw him twice first on the see the light tour in Nottingham and on a later tour in Sheffield , never met him though. apparently he used collect on 78 rpm jazz and blues records

now watching Montenegro v England soccer on ITV . listening to Joe Bonamassa in session on bbc.co.uk iplayer from paul jones show from monday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rcll3/Paul_Jones_Joe_Bonamassa_special/

Edited by weslgarlic