Ever wonder why?

*I*LOVE*JIMMY!!

There are so many questions and not enough answers. Maybe this thread will clear that up.

I've always wondered WHY do they use plasic thread to sew tags into clothes? They make you itch and poke you all the time. Then when you cut them off you are surely to put a hole in the garment, therefore never getting to wear it again or for the first time.

Answer this question if you can then add one of your own.

I check for info on this subject and could find nothing, without registering with the clothier.

Yes, I know what you mean. Often times the most comfortable clothes have the most obnoxiously uncomfortable tags----with that icky thread. I used to think I was the only person in the world that found this to be a problem. I've ripped out a few of those tags before and not regretted it.

How about the bottles of medication for people with arthritis. The cap is child proof so if you have nimble fingers forget it and the cotton in the bottle, who can fit there fingers in there to remove it. By the time your able to get your medication if at all, you hurt so damn much you were better off not trying in the first place.

How about the tags that come on pillows, that say not to remove under penalty of law? :lol: And signs on the interstate that say "speed limit enforced by aircraft" (not monitored, but enforced. Yikes!! ) :unsure:

• 7 months later...
Ever wonder why our universe is seemingly designed for violence (micro and macro objects smashing and exploding, and most apparent from the human vantage, the pecking order of predator & prey)?

You should read the book, The Secret Life of God by David Aaron. You may seek your answers to your question.

You should read the book, The Secret Life of God by David Aaron. You may seek your answers to your question.

Rabbi Aaron is a deep thinker and articulate writer/speaker and his (Torah) traditional views for interpreting worldly and other-worldly realities filtered through the mythos of Hashem are fascinating (as are those of Sri Aurobindo and the mysteries of so-called Vedic sciences, but that's another topic, though interrelated). The posted question itself is somewhat rhetorical. However, I suppose I could add that an incomplete answer to this posted provocation might be that our universe is fine-tuned for economy (objects/entities, physical or otherwise, consume one another, without mutual consent, I'll add, because it's efficient... although trees seem to be the least destructive players on the stage, so to speak). Was curious if others had ever wondered about this (or if the facts were accepted as being what they are, as in it is what it is, that sort of thing... hence, Ever Wonder Why). Many thanks for the reply (and the recommendation). Be well.

Rabbi Aaron is a deep thinker and articulate writer/speaker and his (Torah) traditional views for interpreting worldly and other-worldly realities filtered through the mythos of Hashem are fascinating (as are those of Sri Aurobindo and the mysteries of so-called Vedic sciences, but that's another topic, though interrelated). The posted question itself is somewhat rhetorical. However, I suppose I could add that an incomplete answer to this posted provocation might be that our universe is fine-tuned for economy (objects/entities, physical or otherwise, consume one another, without mutual consent, I'll add, because it's efficient... although trees seem to be the least destructive players on the stage, so to speak). Was curious if others had ever wondered about this (or if the facts were accepted as being what they are, as in it is what it is, that sort of thing... hence, Ever Wonder Why). Many thanks for the reply (and the recommendation). Be well.

I should have edited by post to read "Rabbi David Aaron". Thanks for your input. We are still intrigued on how the universe related to everyone and all entities. Just finished reading a book called The Last Oracle by James Rollin and am curious about "The Oracle: The lost Secrets and Hidden Message of Ancient Delphi".

Ever wonder why our universe is seemingly designed for violence (micro and macro objects smashing and exploding, and most apparent from the human vantage, the pecking order of predator & prey)?

Technically speaking, mirco and macro (non oragnic) objects smashing into each isn't necessarily violence.

Technically speaking, mirco and macro (non oragnic) objects smashing into each isn't necessarily violence.

Agreed (such are human perceptions). But the bit about lions ripping apart gazelles and humans gutting deer, well, it's a dirty job... but that's the plan (if ya wanna survive, although it would be more economical for organic beings to take their sustenance from the air, were the conditions fine-tuned for such, but life would be radically different for humans, not sure we would evolve, hard to say).

z06-05_08.jpg

There are so many questions and not enough answers. Maybe this thread will clear that up.

I've always wondered WHY do they use plasic thread to sew tags into clothes? They make you itch and poke you all the time. Then when you cut them off you are surely to put a hole in the garment, therefore never getting to wear it again or for the first time.

Answer this question if you can then add one of your own.

I check for info on this subject and could find nothing, without registering with the clothier.

I alway thought it is because they want to make you tearing your expensive top apart and buy a new one (stick a patch on the thread and it won't bother you)

But how gets the driver of the snow plough to work ?!?

Archived