Jimmy's 2 new interviews from Japan

aen27

I never would have imagined Jimmy being such a good sport in these interviews 30 years ago, like that interview with the weird Japanese guy with the dyed hair and freaky contact lenses, or the way in this one he agreed to record those little promotional spots for coming in and out of commercials.

They've all done so many interviews and answered the same questions it's almost like being a castmember of the original Star Trek.

I never would have imagined Jimmy being such a good sport in these interviews 30 years ago...the way in this one he agreed to record those little promotional spots for coming in and out of commercials.

Have you seen Metallica : Some Kind of Monster?

They are forced to record promos for a big radio chain and feel like total sellouts.

"Hey this is Metallica, stay tuned to win 50,000 - CASH!" That sort of thing....

I never would have imagined Jimmy being such a good sport in these interviews 30 years ago, like that interview with the weird Japanese guy with the dyed hair and freaky contact lenses, or the way in this one he agreed to record those little promotional spots for coming in and out of commercials.

They've all done so many interviews and answered the same questions it's almost like being a castmember of the original Star Trek.

:lol:

Beam me up, Scottie...

anyone else get the distinct impression that jimmy wants to ring roberts neck??? It sounded like the other 3 were truly (as rumored) ready to go and tour..and robert had put everything off. If it was out of respect for his tour with Krauss, I totally respect that...but it sounded like he may be just being coy and keeping his options open with the others as well...Jimmy looked pretty steamed to me.....

Well, think about it. Can you blame Jimmy for being "steamed"? After all Jimmy and the band did for Robert, after all the tours they canceled for Robert- one when Robert's son died, and one because of Robert's car accident. And for Robert to have the nerve to tell the rest of the band they'll have to wait until he's done with his tour with Alison Krauss.I'd call that a "power cord in the face". And didn't I hear Robert say that JB was there to comfort him after his son died? I say, where's the loyalty? All I see is selfishness on Robert's part. The rest of the band sacraficed a lot for him, and now that they need him, where is he? I admire jimmy for his patience!

Ok, I watched that first one again and it reminded me of this mind game my friends and I would play with each other when we were kind of lit, back in the day. You'd be sitting next to someone, then you'd lean forward toward them... well, they'd lean toward you. Then you'd lean back... and they'd lean back. Then you'd lean forward, and so on until either the instigator could no longer keep a straight face or your target got wise. Heck, you could get a couch full of people to all sit a certain way sometimes (god we were weird in the 70s).

Anyway, that interviewer was SO playing that game in that interview. He stayed leaning in towards Jimmy and got him to also lean in and talk. By the end, Jimmy sat back, but still with very open body language. Got to hand it to the interviwer, he got Jimmy to say some interesting stuff, didn't he?

Nice to see someone who knows their job, instead of a gushing teenager. (And no wonder people don't like to do press.)

I got a totally differen't impression about his bending forward, leaning back, and his restlessness....and his nose itching, and shoulder shrugging drove me nuts! in fact he reminded me of my brother and all my friends everytime he or they are snorting heroin...

I've seen that look everyday for the last 15 years. :(

go ahead and hang me. but jimmy was high!

I got a totally differen't impression about his bending forward, leaning back, and his restlessness....and his nose itching, and shoulder shrugging drove me nuts! in fact he reminded me of my brother and all my friends everytime he or they are snorting heroin...

I've seen that look everyday for the last 15 years. :(

go ahead and hang me. but jimmy was high!

Yes, Jimmy leans forward and back, but the interviewer never leans back. In fact if you watch closely he literally stops himself from doing so. By staying in that forward, interested listening position, he draws Jimmy back in toward him every time, until he kind of pisses Page off at the end, and then Jimmy sits back and stays there.

I think Page is obviously clean and sober and has been for some time. Some people are just naturally twitchy. :)

Yes, Jimmy leans forward and back, but the interviewer never leans back. In fact if you watch closely he literally stops himself from doing so. By staying in that forward, interested listening position, he draws Jimmy back in toward him every time, until he kind of pisses Page off at the end, and then Jimmy sits back and stays there.

I think Page is obviously clean and sober and has been for some time. Some people are just naturally twitchy. :)

You make a very valid point.....and I am going to respect your opinion, and go with that as my final amswer....and that's also what I would like to believe :D

I believe he is clean and sober as well. but you never know! it's easy to sort of say 'take a day off' .....I can garentee you if he was high he wasn't injecting though. maybe a little whiff. which is not nearly as bad.once you have done H, it's impossible to completly stay away..(trust me I know all to well) especially in Japan of all places.

but yeah, I will agree agree with you because your post is valid as well. :D

Thanks Frank

Well, think about it. Can you blame Jimmy for being "steamed"? After all Jimmy and the band did for Robert, after all the tours they canceled for Robert- one when Robert's son died, and one because of Robert's car accident. And for Robert to have the nerve to tell the rest of the band they'll have to wait until he's done with his tour with Alison Krauss.I'd call that a "power cord in the face". And didn't I hear Robert say that JB was there to comfort him after his son died? I say, where's the loyalty? All I see is selfishness on Robert's part. The rest of the band sacraficed a lot for him, and now that they need him, where is he? I admire jimmy for his patience!

1. how can you compare those situtations to this???? its just very, very, very ignorant of you

2. what Bonzo has to do with present situation???? last time i checked he was dead for more than 27 years...

your post is the biggest bunch of bs i read on this board ever.

I think you guys have it all wrong. That's just not the dynamic of a creative relationship. You can't think along the lines of "because of you we can't tour". It's all for one and one for all, and Robert shouldn't just do it because the others want to. Otherwise, he will sell the fans short with a bad performance.

They have a legacy to protect and Robert is fearful of becoming a boring old fart like the Stones who never do anything new. At least he is following his heart and not doing things because other people want him to.

So what, is Robert supposed to just break a prior commitment? To please who? JPJ Jimmy and Jason aren't begging him to do anything that I can see. Why should you???

Robert being vague and not committing to tour with LZ has absolutely nothing to do with power-it has to do with professionalism.

I'll ask again what I asked on another thread-would you continue to admire a man who broke his word?

I think you guys have it all wrong. That's just not the dynamic of a creative relationship. You can't think along the lines of "because of you we can't tour". It's all for one and one for all, and Robert shouldn't just do it because the others want to. Otherwise, he will sell the fans short with a bad performance.

They have a legacy to protect and Robert is fearful of becoming a boring old fart like the Stones who never do anything new. At least he is following his heart and not doing things because other people want him to.

That wins quote of the day there. B)

-They only released Black Dog. It looks amazing and we all wait with baited breath for the rest to be released!-

Is there any way to see this? Also, what was the audio like?

Thanks

The video and audio are both excellent - it was a high quality production and if released, I think will blow any other DVD release by any other band out of the water in terms of production values. The big screen stuff was brilliant.

You can find it on YouTube, it's the only pro-shot footage available. It was released to all the media so there are several versions around, usually shown at the end of the news broadcasts.

Archived