Documentary Jimmy is talking about in new Uncut

aen27

• 2 weeks later...
Sure hope to see this film, it sounds fantastic. This sentence especially piques my interest:

In each intimate one-on-one portrait the artist visits his past, imagines his future and creates songs while the camera rolls.

I'm thrilled at the notion of an "intimate one-on-one portrait." We've never gotten to see enough of Jimmy as an individual, not subsumed in a band or partnership.

Anyone heard any word from Cannes about this film? I looked at the programs on the website and can't find this film anywhere. Is it one of those things where they're playing it in proximity to, not as part of the actual festival?

Anyone heard any word from Cannes about this film? I looked at the programs on the website and can't find this film anywhere. Is it one of those things where they're playing it in proximity to, not as part of the actual festival?

I read somewhere that it was only being shown privately for interested parties. I also read that it has been generating a lot of buzz so maybe we'll be hearing more about it soon.

Here: http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008/05/ja...edge-to-be.html

I read somewhere that it was only being shown privately for interested parties. I also read that it has been generating a lot of buzz so maybe we'll be hearing more about it soon.

Here: http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008/05/ja...edge-to-be.html

Great, thank you.

I need to set up a Google alert for this... I don't want to miss it, and it sounds like the kind of thing it would be easy to miss!

Yes that's correct, it has been taken to Cannes to be sold to distributors and has not been screened to the public.

Archived