Texas Poligamy Bust

Hotplant

I had a nightmare last night about all these strange looking women with the WEIRDEST hair do's.

I was looking at all of them and it looked like they were trying to see who could get that front piece higher...and higher....and higher. Flippin' freaky!!! :blink::ph34r:

So glad my cat woke me up out of that one.

I had been watching the coverage of this mess, and saw some of the women on Larry King Live.

Wheww! :o

I don't buy the cry baby attitude some of these older women are trying to put across. THEY are not protecting the kids, most of all their own daughters.

IF they allow any kids back at ....the farm..I think NO MEN should be allowed, until they take down this bunch of sexual perverts.

I have little sympathy for any of them. The children should be protected, and de-programmed.

Just because it's "their way of life" doesn't mean it's a healthy normal life.

The videos of the place looks more like barracks than a loving home with kids playing.

Like one person said...no toys were seen anywhere.

It's a very sick situation.

:(

I read a report that Warren Jeffs attempted suicide when he began to serve his prison sentence. It is very sad. I hope he is able to reconcile himself to what has happened. He probably has his good side. He grew up in that sect and probably thought he was doing the right thing because it is all he has ever known.

How many tax dollars will be wasted to take down a harmless religious cult? Texas has created another embarrassment for itself once again.

A former member of the group (old guy) said that girls are raised to be "brood mares." How harmless is that? Unless you're kidding :unsure:

A former member of the group (old guy) said that girls are raised to be "brood mares." How harmless is that? Unless you're kidding :unsure:

A jury convicted the group's leader of rape and sentenced him to 10 years to life for his role as an accomplice. Unless the jury was wrong that is a fact to consider along with the rest of the picture.

A jury convicted the group's leader of rape and sentenced him to 10 years to life for his role as an accomplice. Unless the jury was wrong that is a fact to consider along with the rest of the picture.

Yeah, I remember that. The guy I saw was just on the news recently, and was quite old. I also saw a woman from that group on Oprah. She wrote a book about how she escaped with her children. That would be interesting to read.

Nobody paid attention to this, but I think you should.............................

I haven't heard about Muslims here with 20 wives, some who are 15 years old. I didn't know they had compounds, where they pride themselves on being self sufficient while getting 30 percent of their income from social programs. Did I miss something? :unsure:

Oops, I just thought of something: now I don't remember if I heard it was 30% of their income, or 30% of the people who were on welfare in that group. Sorry.

I haven't heard about Muslims here with 20 wives, some who are 15 years old. I didn't know they had compounds, where they pride themselves on being self sufficient while getting 30 percent of their income from social programs. Did I miss something? :unsure:

Well actually sweetheart, you sure did miss a lot, but luckily you'll find out everything you need yo know. :D

The truth is, Muslims around the world do have many wives, and they in fact have wives who are young.........5 years old........7 years old..............it just depends on what the man wants, but usually the younger the better!

And they are beaten and aren't allowed to do anything, like read or write etc. just like modern slavery. Well actually, just like slavery period, because these people are living about 2,000 years behind us.

Well actually sweetheart, you sure did miss a lot, but luckily you'll find out everything you need yo know. :D

The truth is, Muslims around the world do have many wives, and they in fact have wives who are young.........5 years old........7 years old..............it just depends on what the man wants, but usually the younger the better!

And they are beaten and aren't allowed to do anything, like read or write etc. just like modern slavery. Well actually, just like slavery period, because these people are living about 2,000 years behind us.

The operative word in my post was HERE.....but it doesn't really matter, because what you said applies to more than one religion in more than one place. It's basically the story of women in this world, overall, except for those of us fortunate enough to be born in better circumstances.

Nobody paid attention to this, but I think you should.............................

You bet they should. If this all pans out to be true then I have only one solution for these arrogant, depraved men that took part in this. Hang em'.... they deserve capital punishment.

If that's the case, why is my Muslim co-worker getting her Ph.D? She's married and since she's getting her Ph.D, one can infer she's literate. She isn't beaten, unless she's really good at hiding bruises and broken bones, and having worked with abused women, most aren't.

I don't know how things are done in extremely segregated portions of the Middle East, but I wouldn't go around applying that to all Muslims in this country. Because around here, spousal abuse, polygamy and marrying children is against the law.

The operative word in my post was HERE.....but it doesn't really matter, because what you said applies to more than one religion in more than one place. It's basically the story of women in this world, overall, except for those of us fortunate enough to be born in better circumstances.

No..........I am talking about Islam in general, not just here...........

And Islam is nearly the only religion that does this. Let's not try to dilute it.

Women have it rough. I wish women in America and the western world would appreciate what they've got. People in America and the western world are often too spoiled and out of touch to realize how lucky they are. It's especially terrible when you find them defending Islam and stuff like that.

If that's the case, why is my Muslim co-worker getting her Ph.D? She's married and since she's getting her Ph.D, one can infer she's literate. She isn't beaten, unless she's really good at hiding bruises and broken bones, and having worked with abused women, most aren't.

I don't know how things are done in extremely segregated portions of the Middle East, but I wouldn't go around applying that to all Muslims in this country. Because around here, spousal abuse, polygamy and marrying children is against the law.

It is but maybe it's time those laws were inforced. Cause it is happening

Some Hindus marry their kids off when they're 7 or 8. Some girls in Africa are forced to have babies when they're 12 and end up being incontinent and shunned by their communities. You may be right, what we have seen with the funamentalists may be the "kinder, gentler" version.......but it's happening here. As the mother of a teenaged girl, I find it horrifying.

I don't know how you could see our comments as "defending Islam." I don't defend religion, because I am not religious. It's not about a particular religion, it's about assholes all over the world in every religion- using their religion to treat women like sub humans. We're defending humanity, not a religion.

Why is this always the argument? "I know someone of this particular category that is doing ok, so then everyone of that category is ok!"

Get real sister.

Muslims here, are here to make money, and they're careful enough, and the women are obedient enough, and they avoid any attention. Things look normal..........but do you really know?

Why is this always the argument? "I know someone of this particular category that is doing ok, so then everyone of that category is ok!"

Get real sister.

Muslims here, are here to make money, and they're careful enough, and the women are obedient enough, and they avoid any attention. Things look normal..........but do you really know?

everybody came here to make money, including my ancestors. Do you really know with anybody?

Are you waiting for some Muslim person in your community to prove you right? Because the ones in mine are proving you wrong.

I don't paint all people in one group with the same brush. Only the ignorant do that. Not all Christians act one way, not all Jews act one way, not all Muslims act one way, the list goes on.

What I do know is that there are a lot of bigots in this world, who want to push their hate and intolerance on other people. I live and work amongst many of them and they infuriate me. I don't have time for their ignorance.

I don't paint all people in one group with the same brush. Only the ignorant do that. Not all Christians act one way, not all Jews act one way, not all Muslims act one way, the list goes on.

What I do know is that there are a lot of bigots in this world, who want to push their hate and intolerance on other people. I live and work amongst many of them and they infuriate me. I don't have time for their ignorance.

Woman, this is like deja vu all over again, can you believe it? I'm outta this thread.

everybody came here to make money, including my ancestors. Do you really know with anybody?

Are you waiting for some Muslim person in your community to prove you right? Because the ones in mine are proving you wrong.

Thank you for stating the obvious with the first sentence.

I have known a lot of Muslims. They come here to make money, but have no loyalty to the country. They are very good at maintaining their way at home, here.

The ones in your community are fooling you. Continue to let them into your community. Next thing you know the Mosque's loudspeaking are giving loud Islamic prayer messages, and you feel scared and alienated in your own community.

Archived