Make me laugh!

marolyn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Strider said:

And to think I turned down free Motley Crue tickets. 

Not sure if to laugh or cry?

A far departure from the band I used to go see at the Starwood, Roxy, and Whisky almost 40 years ago.

12 hours ago, kipper said:

Not sure if to laugh or cry?

A far departure from the band I used to go see at the Starwood, Roxy, and Whisky almost 40 years ago.

Never got to see them in their club days. Earliest I saw 'em was 1984. Ugly ass band.

But I actually prefer these new lyrics. "Big Mac 1.03"...or is Vince Meal singing "Big Mac...one or three"?

"Shat on stilts" is genius. Let's see Bob Dylan come up with that.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Never got to see them in their club days. Earliest I saw 'em was 1984. Ugly ass band.

But I actually prefer these new lyrics. "Big Mac 1.03"...or is Vince Meal singing "Big Mac...one or three"?

"Shat on stilts" is genius. Let's see Bob Dylan come up with that.

LOL  one or three.

Were you living down here in LA in the '80s Strider, or points north? I know you saw Zep at Kezar I think you said once. You and Randall aren't both NoCal Bay area are you?

The Crue was not my favorite local band to see live back in the day. We sure had a lot to choose from though back then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eric Burdon (The Animals) on the Monterey Pop Festival:

I departed London Heathrow for New York spending one night in New York then onward to Monterey the next day.I travelled with Brian Jones,Jimi Hendrix,Mitch Mitchell,Noel Redding,Chas Chandler and Jimi's management personnel.Upon entry into the U.S I realised the because of Brian's flamboyant clothing - he dressed like and old woman in linen and lace - we were immediate targets.So as we were in the immigration line,we did an about face to the men's room,where we consumed every illegal substance we were carrying between us.....which was quite a lot! On checking in to the Mayflower Hotel,we spent the whole night in the elevator ....never making it to our rooms.

MOJO Magazine,July 2007.  

• 2 weeks later...