But I've got a gig to do.

I'm sure he wants to play a fantastic, wonderful and unforgetable gig on the 10th December.

So am I. But why would it keep him from doing what he really wants? See my point? Some indicate that Robert does not really want to have anything to do with Led Zeppelin. That is simply not true.

Yes, he has other things on the burner, and he will pursue them. But whats holding him back from playing a few more gigs? We will see.

They reference when the band broke up 25 years ago

...isn't it more like 27 years ago.?

perhaps whoever did research for the article saw coda's release and assumed that was their last time they were together...

novice mistake, or am I mistaken myself?

They reference when the band broke up 25 years ago

...isn't it more like 27 years ago.?

perhaps whoever did research for the article saw coda's release and assumed that was their last time they were together...

novice mistake, or am I mistaken myself?

Nope g-army, you are correct. John Bonham passed 9/25/80. That was the end of Zep as we knew it.

It had been 27 years this past September. Seems like yesterday.

Coda, being a compilation "B" side album only would be a poor reference as to Zep's final departure.

It's all speculation until after the O2. There'll be no decision until they've done the gig and seen how it went.

I think we ought to have a whip round so we can hire a hit man for the next person who says Led Zeppelin and heavy metal in the same sentence.

Apart from me just obviously!

I think we ought to have a whip round so we can hire a hit man for the next person who says Led Zeppelin and heavy metal in the same sentence

Hear, hear!! That drives me nuts, too. LZ may have influenced "heavy metal" bands that came after, but to me they will always be the quintessenial Hard Rock (or just Rock & Roll) band.

I think we ought to have a whip round so we can hire a hit man for the next person who says Led Zeppelin and heavy metal in the same sentence.

Hear, hear!! That drives me nuts, too. LZ may have influenced "heavy metal" bands that came after, but to me they will always be the quintessenial Hard Rock (or just Rock & Roll) band.

Oh god tell me about it!

I just want to slap these reporter types into their senses.

I suppose they're just doing the best at their job as possible, but so much of the media gets it wrong and spreads rumors and influences people's perceptions of things in ways that can be both positive and negative. It's the unfortunate nature of the beast.

It's kind of like when you have a local reporter covering a local sports team all year round who is knowledgeable on what's been going on, and then when that team reaches the playoffs, some network reporter jumps in and asks the stupidest questions because they didn't cover them all year and aren't familiar with them.

So in this metaphor, we're the local reporters that have "covered" Led Zeppelin their entire careers and now here comes the big game (the O2) and the network reporters arrive on the scene without too much of a clue.

Archived