DVD "Led Zeppelin at Earl´s Court ´75"

Jiri

A friend of mine bought the DVD "Led Zeppelin at Earls Court ´75". My friend claims it´s from the 24th. I searched the web but I couldn´t find this release. On the cover one of the most famous EC-pictures showing Jimmy playing his Les Paul, a posing Robert stretching the mic cable and JPJ in the background.

Tracklisting:

Rock and Roll

Stick Again

Over the Hills and Far Away

That's the Way

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Trampled Under Foot

Dazed and Confused

Stairway to Heaven

Duration: 1.29

Does anybody know what sources this boot uses? Is it really from the 24th? Is it any good?

if this is the same dvd thats currently available from a few outlets and it looks like it from the tracklisting, then the cover blurb does claim it to be from the 24th

if this is the same dvd thats currently available from a few outlets and it looks like it from the tracklisting, then the cover blurb does claim it to be from the 24th

Erm, yes... so you know any other details?

nope sorry. i havent watched this particular edition dvd. in the UK its about £6.99 from some outlets. if you dont possess it already it may be worth a purchase.

i think the way to find out if its really from the 24th is to get your friend to quote a few of planty's introductions and you can post them for the diehards who have boots of all nights to confirm what night its from

the 24th is widely available on dvd so there's no real reason to suspect this one might not be

A friend of mine bought the DVD "Led Zeppelin at Earls Court ´75". My friend claims it´s from the 24th. I searched the web but I couldn´t find this release. On the cover one of the most famous EC-pictures showing Jimmy playing his Les Paul, a posing Robert stretching the mic cable and JPJ in the background.

Tracklisting:

Rock and Roll

Sick Again

Over the Hills and Far Away

That's the Way

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Trampled Under Foot

Dazed and Confused

Stairway to Heaven

Duration: 1.29

Does anybody know what sources this boot uses? Is it really from the 24th? Is it any good?

i remember getting an audio boot of the 24th a while back with the exact same tracklist as that, it used the same audio as the Empress Valley "Demand Unprecedented In The History Of Rock Music" which was a mix of the soundboard an audio tape to fill the gaps. However this could be completely unrelated, i only draw parallels because of the identical tracklist and that the front cover was also the same.

nope sorry. i havent watched this particular edition dvd. in the UK its about £6.99 from some outlets. if you dont possess it already it may be worth a purchase.

i think the way to find out if its really from the 24th is to get your friend to quote a few of planty's introductions and you can post them for the diehards who have boots of all nights to confirm what night its from

the 24th is widely available on dvd so there's no real reason to suspect this one might not be

Cheers, mate. :D I´ll have a look and post the plantations.

Join any Zeppelin Trading Circle. The 24th & 25th are widely available in complete format on DVD Video and Audio. It should not be available in outlets as it is not an official release.

Empress Valley have the most complete versions out there. Demand Unprecedented In The History Of Rock Music is stunning in both Audio & Visual. It is fantastic

no its not an official release but it is available through recognised outlets (though no doubt someone will spot this and get it's sale blocked). i think it was even available through amazon at one time and its been seen in several record stores, including my local one

I´ve just finished watching it. I´m pretty sure it´s from the 24th (as mentioned on the cover BTW) or earlier, because the 25th is on the official DVD, isn´t it?

The DVD was released by Masterplan and produced by a certain "Can A. Puss" ;-)

Audio and Video are quite alrite, I have to say. It´s nice to watch. Well, with the exception of the sequences showing Jimmy trying to avoid to use his left ring finger (mentioned in another thread).

Ouch!!!

It's the May 25th Show. The reggae closing of the show is nailed on the 25th Plant also says so in the closing plantations and it's introduced by Fluff Freeman. the quality is stunning albeit for a bit in the acoustic section. And don't be fooled, the official DVD is a mixture - and very clever editing of the Earls Court shows ( more than likely the 24th&25th)

I have this DVD too- I have bought it in one of our Czech internet stores. It is not remastered and the technical quality is quite horrible, but the atmosphere of this concert is great- such energy , I love the Dazed and confused, there is a laser show there and Rob has a lot of great plantations :D

Aha. So it´s the 25, huh? :blink:

What date is STH on the official release then? Because it´s really bad IMHO.

On this DVD it´s quite alright. I´ve always heard and read that the solo of the 24th is one of Jimmy´s best of that song.

Stairway was taken from the 25th - but as i said already a little bit of tinkering has been done on the official DVD.

So this bootleg can´t be from the 25th then, because STH is different to the one on the official DVD! Totally different! And it´s simply better.

So it is from the 24th?

Jiri

It is quite difficult to judge from the official DVD cos the band wore the same clothes on both the 24th & 25th. With the technology thats available today with good splicing and editing it flows quite nicely.

Empress Valley's DVD Heavy Metal Kids (awful title) of the 24th is complete with Moby Dick - something which has been missing for ages. Their "Demand..... release of the 25th is also stunning and complete.

Lets agree - your mates boot is from the 24th, albeit incomplete, and the official DVD's Stairway is from the 25th - with a bit of the 24th thrown in for good measure

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite suprised to see this particular DVD "Led Zeppelin at Earls Court 75" on sale in the Manchester branch of Fopp yesterday for £11.99! :blink:

Given that Fopp was recently bought out by the well-known HMV chain (who sell only officially licensed product), I'd say someone has dropped a bit of a clanger!

I have this POC (Piece Of Crap) DVD. It's from the 24th but "Stairway" is painfully incomplete. After Robert's "Ooooh" that leads to the electric mid-section, instead of "There's a feeling I get..." instead we jump straight to "Keep smilin', Keep smilin'" and the entrance of the drums. Shame. I know that it's from the 24th because I have a (Complete!) performance from the 24th on CD to compare it to.

did someone call footage of the zeppelin "crap"? :o

i suppose youre right. im conflicted because although im a zeppelin fan, i am also a completist, and half of a show, or worse, a mixture of both shows, makes me want to barf all over.

this is the same thing with the royal albert hall disc of the official DVD...

everyone knows they played heartbreaker that night and the tape ran out (its even been rumoured that they played SIBLY as well, but thats another story)... anyways, the tape that we do have of this is the most solid 4 minutes (IMO) of the song ever played, and well, we dont get to see any of it. 4 out of 6 minutes aint that bad... they coulda faded and cut to like, the crowd, or the mass of people outside, etc.. anything. sometimes jimmy's editing gets to me. :angry:

did someone call footage of the zeppelin "crap"? :o

No, I don't mean that Led Zepp are crap! That would be heretical! :lol: No, I meant the DVD, or at least, what they have on it, is crap. It's what they didn't include in this case that makes all the difference.

Archived