Robert pays tribute to Bo Diddley

FireOpal

In a BBC News online article there is a short but eloquent quote from Robert about the passing of legend Bo Diddley:

Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant said Diddley's "voice and relentless, glorious anthems echo down through my years. This royal shape shifter continues to influence four generations of musicians on a daily basis," he added.

Full article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7432827.stm

Edited by FireOpal

In a BBC News online article there is a short but eloquent quote from Robert about the passing of legend Bo Diddley:

Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant said Diddley's "voice and relentless, glorious anthems echo down through my years. This royal shape shifter continues to influence four generations of musicians on a daily basis," he added.

As he eases on down that sunny road.

I'm a Roadrunner Baby

Edited by eternal light

I just think that Plants best work has been with LZ. It's fine that he does other material, much of it very good indeed, but I will never understand why he seems to play games with his LZ heritage.

Why do you insist he's "playing games"???

He hasn't been interested in doing a Zeppelin project. He's said as much for years. He set aside those feeling to honor Ahmet at a charity show for which he wasn't paid. He's made it clear he's intent on pursuing his musical explorations.

Where's the games? :huh:

Edited by Evster2012

Sorry, but I do not think that he has ever done enough for the true LZ fans. We have supported him after the LZ original Break up while he was on his own. With several other bands doing what ever type of music he enjoyed at that momet. Now even with Allison. I know, he has done a few LZ things here and there. But know, Page is playing Red Hot, Jones is as good as ever, and Jason is honored, and will play his guts out. But it seems to always come back to Plant, come on, think of others for a change.

I did not know this, please fill me in. Are we talking after the 02 concert?

No, I'm talking about the negotiatiations for the O2 concert. There's really nothing to add, just that Plant was up for it and Jones had to be coaxed.

Thank's, now I understand. When you consider how Jones has been left out several times over the years, I can understand his feelings. Know it looks like Plant's gonna stik it to em' al again. The picture of Plant at your post's sum up very well how he feels about his LZ fans and sometimes his LZ band mates.

Sorry, but I do not think that he has ever done enough for the true LZ fans. We have supported him after the LZ original Break up while he was on his own. With several other bands doing what ever type of music he enjoyed at that momet. Now even with Allison. I know, he has done a few LZ things here and there. But know, Page is playing Red Hot, Jones is as good as ever, and Jason is honored, and will play his guts out. But it seems to always come back to Plant, come on, think of others for a change.

buddy-

on every thread you have posted on you spew more robert hate than any ex-wife could ever hope to regurgitate. either give it a rest or start your own thread on the subject-so i can put block on it.

if not, do us all a favor and and when you see the name "robert" on any of these threads (i.e. all of 'em) show some disicipline and some self restraint.

as auquamarine has stated on more than one thread in response to you: "we get it".

signed a true LZ fan.....

I think you should have said:

signed a true Plant fan.....at......ic

Yeah how dare Robert have the audacity to do something that he so obviously enjoys at his time of life.

Selfish B*stard, he has given us nothing!!!!!!

Thank's, now I understand. When you consider how Jones has been left out several times over the years, I can understand his feelings. Know it looks like Plant's gonna stik it to em' al again. The picture of Plant at your post's sum up very well how he feels about his LZ fans and sometimes his LZ band mates.

Your posts taking shots at Robert have more redundancy than the Halloween, Friday The 13th and Police Academy sequels combined! You need to do something about that neurosis.

When John Bonham was in the band he absorbed the tension. Now because there are three of the original members, a triangle has resulted. It's not the same as having four members. None of this is anyone's fault, certainly not Robert Plant's. His sense of humor is much as it was before, but then people took everything he said pretty much with a grain of salt. These days they hang on every word as if it is high drama and sometimes they overreact a little bit.