Talking with Robert Plant

misty mountain

Thats right, because I'm a big bad TROLL...................there are many good things about the smaller, more intimate venues that Plant "now" likes. I remember when he did not mind playing before stadium crowds. But now, every seat is a ringside seat.

Mc. Cain 08

I guess Robert isn't allowed to change where he prefers to play either? I used to love big arena concerts. Now I prefer smaller theaters. I guess I'm bad too :rolleyes:

I guess Robert isn't allowed to change where he prefers to play either? I used to love big arena concerts. Now I prefer smaller theaters. I guess I'm bad too :rolleyes:

You are a very naughty Plant apologist, don't you know that you bad girl? :o:blink::rolleyes:

Stop it now and lambast the old bluegrass crooner for straying from his given path :o

You are a very naughty Plant apologist, don't you know that you bad girl? :o:blink::rolleyes:

Stop it now and lambast the old bluegrass crooner for straying from his given path :o

:ph34r:

I'm a bad, bad fan. What was I thinking? I'll try to do better in the future. Please forgive me for my evil ways. :notworthy:

<_<

Yes, most "Artist's" move to the smaller venues when they realize that they have too. It is then common for them to say that this is how they now "preffer" it, you know...........smaller, more "intimate" suroundings, can "see" the fans faces etc. I remember seeing Page and Paul Rodgers with the Firm on three different occasions. They were at your standard size arena's (15 - 20,000) and drew only about one third full. It made me sad. They should have picked the smaller more "intimate" venues back then like Plant does now. You can bet one thing.............if Percy does grace us with a few LZ shows, they will be back at the 15 - 20,000 arenas. What will you say then??

Yes, most "Artist's" move to the smaller venues when they realize that they have too. It is then common for them to say that this is how they now "preffer" it, you know...........smaller, more "intimate" suroundings, can "see" the fans faces etc. I remember seeing Page and Paul Rodgers with the Firm on three different occasions. They were at your standard size arena's (15 - 20,000) and drew only about one third full. It made me sad. They should have picked the smaller more "intimate" venues back then like Plant does now. You can bet one thing.............if Percy does grace us with a few LZ shows, they will be back at the 15 - 20,000 arenas. What will you say then??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If he wants to do all that then I think it is great, but he seems to prefer what keeps life vibrant. It's best to let him figure it out for himself rather than try too hard to influence his decision. That way he can do what he loves without too much external manipulation.

he seems to prefer what keeps life vibrant

They prefer to lease the size of venue that will work best. A bussiness decision, thats all. Allison/Plant, while many claim that they like it....................is small potatoes. A LZ show is as big as it gets. Believe me, Plant would be happy to do the big arena's for that, and you can bet he wishes that the Allison/Plant shows were drawing enough for the big arena's too. If they could pull in the 15 to 20,000 that's where they would be now. Stop kidding yourselves.

Mc. Cain 08

They prefer to lease the size of venue that will work best. A bussiness decision, thats all. Allison/Plant, while many claim that they like it....................is small potatoes. A LZ show is as big as it gets. Believe me, Plant would be happy to do the big arena's for that, and you can bet he wishes that the Allison/Plant shows were drawing enough for the big arena's too. If they could pull in the 15 to 20,000 that's where they would be now. Stop kidding yourselves.

Mc. Cain 08

Why don't you stop kidding yourself. Who cares what size venue they play in. Your endless trashing Robert is so old. We get it. You hate him and every little thing he does you will find fault with. Take it elsewhere why don't you. Robert isn't driven by money but the creative process and having different opportunities that musically challenge him.

The bigger Zeppelin got the worse they played, the more disconnected they became with each other and their audience. Let's face it. Stadium rock mostly sucks ass. The best shows I've ever seen in my life had a max of 400 people, and as few as 15.

PS: are you Binary Death?

If that were true then he would just do it, although I'm sure it would be nice to increase the audience. Even then, they would probably just add an additional date, unless there were no other choice but to do an arena. If he wants to do an LZ show then he will. No point in worrying about it.

Have a happy summer. :)

Your endless trashing Robert is so old. We get it. You hate him and every little thing he does you will find fault with.

Hate is a very strong word. I said that it is common for all artist's, when they are no longer doing what most fans want............... to only be able to sell out much smaller venues. Plant is no different. Nothing hatefull about that, it's just the truth.

Mc. Cain 08

Hate is a very strong word. I said that it is common for all artist's, when they are no longer doing what most fans want............... to only be able to sell out much smaller venues. Plant is no different. Nothing hatefull about that, it's just the truth.

Mc. Cain 08

Thank god Picasso stopped painting when he realized he wasn't selling any of his art.

/sarcasm

Thank god Picasso stopped painting when he realized he wasn't selling any of his art.

/sarcasm

you're right HATE is a strong word,should never be used when talking about a singer that brings a lot of happy/happy/joy/ joy to us all. even though not in as "many" people like what he's doing with Alison ,so be it; at leased he's still singing.By the way "Many is a word that only leaves you guessing

Guessing 'bout a thing you really ought to know, ooh!

You really ought to know...

I really ought to know...

you're right HATE is a strong word,should never be used when talking about a singer that brings a lot of happy/happy/joy/ joy to us all. even though not in as "many" people like what he's doing with Alison

It's all up to him (as usual). Lets see if he is nice enough to make all happy again.

Archived