How likely is this?

Zeppity do-da

SO LIKELY IT HAPPENED!!!!

Tales from the high seas... I just got back for the seething madness of the Foo Fighters pitch experience and it was a stormy "Ocean" let me tell you.

Gradually managed to work myself toward the front, when big pushes and slam dancing craziness ensued, in time for the physical manifestation of the much rumoured appearance of JIMMY PAGE and JOHN PAUL JONES with the Foo Fighters.

After the Foos first encore, darkness enshrouded the stage and new equipment was wheeled on by "familiar" techs, stage left a Bass amp, stage right an effects pedal board and guitar amp. The lights came alive and the distinctive figure of an argent-haired Jimmy Page walked in stage right, beaming like the sunrise, straps on his Gibson and hugs the Foos drummer, Taylor Hawkins. Meanwhile the understated presence of John Paul Jones casually sauntered on stage left. The crowd became rapturous with anticipation and euphoric recognition. Dave Groel returned to his drum kit for the first time in the show and the Foos drummer, Taylor Hawkins took centre stage at the mic.

Then, the volley of that gunfire start to ROCK N' ROLL assaulted the Stadium. Pounding drums from Dave Groel, high octane riffing from Jimmy punctuated by cast iron bass rhythm from John Paul Jones. Taylor wailing out those life affirming lyrics. Jimmy's clenching his teeth, as he did at the O2, whilst his fingers slipped mercurially on the strings.

The big question was what would be next, the incendiary Kashmir, the delta barrage of Nobody's Fault But Mine? Dave Groel returned to the centre stage mic, with Taylor clambering behind his kit again, whereupon surprisingly the mellow beats of RAMBLE ON sailed out over the Ocean. Dave carried off the vocals with aplomb and the band captured the rustic charm and bouncing beats like they had played in on every night of the tour.

It was all over too quickly; it was Dave Groel's turn to hug Jimmy, while Taylor rushed over to hug John Paul Jones. Jimmy walking towards the side of the right-hand side of the stage, but Dave Groel calls him back. Jimmy is so fired-up he literally jumps and bounces back to stage centre for a band bow.

Ross "The Master" Halfin, weaves a path across the stage and catches a shot of the Supergroup facing the drum kit. Thereafter they all go their separate ways and the ephemeral Foo Zep unfortunately reaches its denouement.

Indi.

SO LIKELY IT HAPPENED!!!!

Tales from the high seas... I just got back for the seething madness of the Foo Fighters pitch experience and it was a stormy "Ocean" let me tell you.

Gradually managed to work myself toward the front, when big pushes and slam dancing craziness ensued, in time for the physical manifestation of the much rumoured appearance of JIMMY PAGE and JOHN PAUL JONES with the Foo Fighters.

After the Foos first encore, darkness enshrouded the stage and new equipment was wheeled on by "familiar" techs, stage left a Bass amp, stage right an effects pedal board and guitar amp. The lights came alive and the distinctive figure of an argent-haired Jimmy Page walked in stage right, beaming like the sunrise, straps on his Gibson and hugs the Foos drummer, Taylor Hawkins. Meanwhile the understated presence of John Paul Jones casually sauntered on stage left. The crowd became rapturous with anticipation and euphoric recognition. Dave Groel returned to his drum kit for the first time in the show and the Foos drummer, Taylor Hawkins took centre stage at the mic.

Then, the volley of that gunfire start to ROCK N' ROLL assaulted the Stadium. Pounding drums from Dave Groel, high octane riffing from Jimmy punctuated by cast iron bass rhythm from John Paul Jones. Taylor wailing out those life affirming lyrics. Jimmy's clenching his teeth, as he did at the O2, whilst his fingers slipped mercurially on the strings.

The big question was what would be next, the incendiary Kashmir, the delta barrage of Nobody's Fault But Mine? Dave Groel returned to the centre stage mic, with Taylor clambering behind his kit again, whereupon surprisingly the mellow beats of RAMBLE ON sailed out over the Ocean. Dave carried off the vocals with aplomb and the band captured the rustic charm and bouncing beats like they had played in on every night of the tour.

It was all over too quickly; it was Dave Groel's turn to hug Jimmy, while Taylor rushed over to hug John Paul Jones. Jimmy walking towards the side of the right-hand side of the stage, but Dave Groel calls him back. Jimmy is so fired-up he literally jumps and bounces back to stage centre for a band bow.

Ross "The Master" Halfin, weaves a path across the stage and catches a shot of the Supergroup facing the drum kit. Thereafter they all go their separate ways and the ephemeral Foo Zep unfortunately reaches its denouement.

Indi.

I was wondering if one or more of our forum members were there. Thanks for the review Indi!!!! :thumbsup:

Pounding drums from Dave Groel, high octane riffing from Jimmy punctuated by cast iron bass rhythm from John Paul Jones. Taylor wailing out those life affirming lyrics. Jimmy's clenching his teeth, as he did at the O2, whilst his fingers slipped mercurially on the strings.

You are yanking our chain big time. Is this an essay for English 101? There's no film footage of this "show" anywhere on You Tube. I typed in "Wembley stadium Jimmy Page" and Evel Knievil shows up. NOT.

ps- it's Dave GROHL not Groel. Show me the video!

You are yanking our chain big time. Is this an essay for English 101? There's no film footage of this "show" anywhere on You Tube. I typed in "Wembley stadium Jimmy Page" and Evel Knievil shows up. NOT.

no video yet, but check out other threads on the forum to see the pics....

or go to bbc.co.uk and check for yourself

no video yet, but check out other threads on the forum to see the pics....

or go to bbc.co.uk and check for yourself

Thanks. That was a total waste of my time. It's not there. Try again... <_<

"0 recommended results for jimmy page wembley 2008

There are no BBC recommended Web results for this query. Click here to search the Web for this query."

Zip. You owe me 5 minutes of my life back!

Thanks. That was a total waste of my time. It's not there. Try again... <_<

"0 recommended results for jimmy page wembley 2008

There are no BBC recommended Web results for this query. Click here to search the Web for this query."

Zip. You owe me 5 minutes of my life back!

It's not that difficult, it's there on the bbc site and it took me no more than 40 seconds to find it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/foos08/...y/39.shtml#jump

Ooopppssssssssssssss, well given that I was still lost in a state of euphoria in the early hours and my spelling is bad at the best of times, it is amazing I spult anything right. LOL Thanks for the heads-up. I cant edit it as the button isn't there, alas.

Indi.

Ooopppssssssssssssss, well given that I was still lost in a state of euphoria in the early hours and my spelling is bad at the best of times, it is amazing I spult anything right. LOL Thanks for the heads-up. I cant edit it as the button isn't there, alas.

Indi.

You are totally forgiven. I just read a review this morning (8:00amEST) about the mini-reuinion on NME that wasn't posted last night. Glad you got to see them, and your description of the event was great. Especially the way you described Jimmy's guitar playing. You should pursue a career in journalism.

:)

Who was on stage Zeppity? Was it just Jimmy?

Sorry MissHoneydripper, as soon as i posted i logged off and tried to drink away my disappointment at my monumental mistake of going on the Friday not the Saturday. As you will no doubt know now it was Jimmy and John Paul, i ended up listening to the 2 songs over a very crappy phone call, little consolation.

Great news for all those that went and i'm glad some of you from here went along.

Having now surfaced again the disappointment has returned as i must do to the drink.

I'll just make note to surface again in the Autumn of 2009.

Archived