Real-estate News: Jimmy's Old Boat House for Sale

zeptangerine

• 3 years later...

The boathouse was featured in the Property section of the Sunday Times today. Looks like it's still on the market but now reduced to a bargain £1.1 million! :blink:

link to estate agent details

It looks like they redid the bathroom and kitchen. I have spent many hours looking at those photos. I have dreamed of going in there and painting murals on the walls. I think Jimmy should buy it, and paint the murals with me. Yup.

It looks like they redid the bathroom and kitchen. I have spent many hours looking at those photos. I have dreamed of going in there and painting murals on the walls. I think Jimmy should buy it, and paint the murals with me. Yup.

This could be decent reality tv.

Jimmy and 'happiness' painting cool murals on his old boathouse walls. Jimmy pontificating on his career and escapades while his brush is stroking the 'ol boathouse.

Occasionally, Plant shows up, and they do impromptu acoustic gigs on the deck...

Jimmy and 'happiness' painting cool murals on his old boathouse walls. Jimmy pontificating on his career and escapades while his brush is stroking the 'ol boathouse.

Occasionally, Plant shows up, and they do impromptu acoustic gigs on the deck...

Thank you. I am glad you like my idea. No reality tv involved though. I don't even own a tv, but I would definitely consider video taping little segments and putting them up on youbube, Music would be included because I play piano, guitar and hand drums so far, but two sets of drum sticks arrived last week, so I gather that is about to change.

I've actually had other ideas too, like us doing a radio show together, or possibly filmed, but not like reality tv, but more like a talk show and I think since he's done many interviews on film,, it might not be such a far fetched idea.. I think that it would be a blast. I thought of calling it Sunny and Share. :-)

I would have so much fun with that boy.

This would be cool, but the chances of either JP or RP doing a reality tv show are like the chances of RP engaging with JP, JB and JPJ on an all out..... Don't think I need to finish this.

I agree, I heard about the show Gene Simmons is doing. I would never want to get involved in something like that. I also don't think Robert should be involved.

I would love to see something done for Jimmy and make him shine. I don't think he's ever been given enough credit.

Steve posted one of his self portrait drawings once based on an MC Escher artwork and it was awesome.

I agree, I heard about the show Gene Simmons is doing. I would never want to get involved in something like that. I also don't think Robert should be involved.

I would love to see something done for Jimmy and make him shine. I don't think he's ever been given enough credit.

Steve posted one of his self portrait drawings once based on an MC Escher artwork and it was awesome.

These four drum sticks with the carrying case arrived for me a couple of weeks ago. I have a meeting for job training in eight days. I don't have time to wait for years, If he doesn't want to do this, he can stop sending me stuff.

223616_10150267746262681_577387680_7736362_2333045_n.jpg

Edited by happiness

These four drum sticks with the carrying case arrived for me a couple of weeks ago. I have a meeting for job training in eight days. I don't have time to wait for years, If he doesn't want to do this, he can stop sending me stuff.

223616_10150267746262681_577387680_7736362_2333045_n.jpg

Well, you know Jimmy takes his time about things. Maybe his clock runs unlike other clocks.

Keep working on thumbnails of the murals if you aren't already. Would you share your ideas?

Remember Jimmy had two custom guitars made which they named Strollin with bones....

283304_10150268004692681_577387680_7738210_2964245_n.jpg

My son used to call me Skully. On my walk to the library, I had found some rather large bones over a couple of weeks across the street from a house with numeric address 31. After many weeks, I brought them home with me, took a few photos and called it "Skully and bones". I also wrote that if he thinks I am going to carry them in my purse, think again....

Also on Saturday, after I saw those murals, I found a huge bone on the street while I was out walking. I took a photo, put it up on my facebook and wrote something to the effect of "You are absolutely nuts psycho boy. I am not carrying that around in my purse" Over the past week, I have been aquiring a collection that I can carry around in my purse. I am truly strollin with bones. I am hoping and trust that other guitar is for me.

Before bones, it was poppies. I found the last one on June 16, which is my father's birthday and the day the World Peace Pavilion here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia was dedicated. I bought a really pretty box that looks like a miniature treasure chest with angels on it and put the poppies in it along with all the pieces of ribbon I found. It is my way of creating a tribute to war vets. I am a very strange being.

262820_10150268003682681_577387680_7738203_1692174_n.jpg

Edited by happiness

One more for tonight. I would really like to save most of this for when Jimmy and I are finally able to work together because there is so, so much amazing stuff to share.

I am also a little worried about overstepping the rules, or possibly freaking anyone out, but I haven't recieved any notices to that effect, so I am presuming everything is fine.

185255_10150268058092681_577387680_7738594_1459928_n.jpg

Can someone please share with me where this photo was taken? Is it Tower House? The first time I saw it with all the painting, I was completely blown away. I had no idea it was one of his appreciated artforms.

284407_10150268056527681_577387680_7738591_2561058_n.jpg

This decorative drum was given to me as a gift on Jimmy's birthday back in 2010 by someone who had no idea about the history of Zeppelin or what happened to John or the fact that it was Jimmy's birthday. It is not the first time I have heard from John in recent years.

In fact in 1980, I was out west, and I had a feeling I had to get back to Montreal and hitchhiked back to find a crowd of people lined up at the Montreal forum to buy tickets for the concert. I apologize in advance if this freaks anyone out. I am hopiing it will create a sense of hope rather than fear.

Well, you know Jimmy takes his time about things. Maybe his clock runs unlike other clocks.

Keep working on thumbnails of the murals if you aren't already. Would you share your ideas?

I accidentally wrote over my post about my painting ideas with the other posts I sent afterwards. Damn.

Okay, sorry about that.

For the pool area, I was thinking of a faux mottled blue kind of sky looking area with clouds. Here is a photo of the first mural I did and I hinted at the figure of a dragon in the clouds. I also used alot of irredescent paints in the clouds. The photo was taken late at night and I tried to photoshop it to correct the brightness. It's not so great a photo but conveys the idea. The skywork I am thinking of, you can see in the corner. It's mottled various hues of blue using a sea sponge and gel mediums.

228964_10150267991457681_577387680_7738117_6714296_n.jpg

I was thinking of old faux stonework and vines for the upstairs area around the staircase, a vineyard scene for the kitchen. I would really like Jimmy's input and ideas since It was his home. That makes sense.

My backgrounds are Music and Art as well. I played classical piano for seven years, used to play loads of Zep, I play some guitar and hand drums. I haven't had time to practice for a long time. I am hoping and trusting that's about to change.

I started decorative painting a couple of decades ago. I got juried into the New Brunswick Crafts Council with 100%, had my work in a couple of magazines, taught at conventions and taught hundreds of people how to paint. I didn't know that Jimmy had an interest in decorative painting until a few years ago.

Since then I did web design and digital painting. I am more than anything wanting to get back to music full time and art part time. More than you can possibly imagine.

A few months ago, I took my classical piano books over to play the grand piano at the grocery store which is on the second floor next to the library I go to. Someone had stashed a Guitar magazine under the piano cover for me to find.

Tomorrow, I am going to share a photo I had one of the librarians take at the library. It's kind of cute.

Edited by happiness

I had the most amazing this happen this morning. I was walking to the library, and Meatloaf started playing on the radio. I can't stand that band, never could, so I changed the radio station and Stairway to Heaven came on. Just then, I took a photo of a car plate (I call them my collection plates ;-)), and the plate had MC Escher's birthday on it. Remember what I posted about Jimmy's self portrait the other evening? And the letters could be translated as boat house baby. Then I went into the Salvation Army to write a message because it was raining a bit outside, and I found the most amazing perfect gift for button boy. Then I saw something really pertinent to his story and took a photo of it when I got to the cash. I will share photos tonight if I get the feeling it is a good time to do it.

In the meanwhile, I love this series of photos that Ross took of Jimmy a few years ago....

185504_10150268457962681_577387680_7742146_7175296_n.jpg

I found a similar couch in blue at the library I go to that is next to that grocer with the grand piano that had that Guitar magazine stashed under the piano cover for me to find. I am about to head over there to see if the murals are still in progress to take some photos. Anyhow, I had one of the librarians take my photo on the couch and I uploaded it to facebook for him a couple of months ago. ....

Holy shit. I just checked the day I had this photo taken. MC Escher's birthday. It's on my phone with the stats. There's proof. Is that freaking awesome or what.

226181_10150268459072681_577387680_7742152_7968529_n.jpg

I went over to the grocery store before and got a couple of photos of the murals to show. They did paint them for the produce section. Although the style of painting is nothing like what I have in mind for the boat house, it's pretty cool that I saw them the day before that article about the Pangourne boat house being up for sale again. I have literally been wanting to go paint that place with Jimmy for years.

I am at the library now, I have one more post to share later on tonight if I still feel it appropriate. If not tonight, I will share it tomorrow. It's really sweet.

281736_10150268736982681_577387680_7744732_7865957_n.jpg

282049_10150268737167681_577387680_7744734_634849_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The house is up for sale again. It's not an old topic anymore. Especially since it is a place to paint and play music in.

Isn't that what you would like to see him do?

Quick update. I had my first job training meeting yesterday. Rather than being put in a retraining program right away, the councellor told me that she hoped I would get the music project that I have been hoping for. Even though I did give a good set of examples of other things I could successfully do (as was my duty and obligation), she felt my heart was with this. That was seriously cool considering the supervisor neither looked at the college music program I provided nor my online art portfolio back in May when I had my initial meeting.

Edited by happiness

Again, seriously, wtf.gif It was Jimmy's house but not anymore. I doubt very seriously that he is repurchasing it again. So all of this is rather offtopic.gif

Don't waste your time. "Happiness" is the latest incarnation of a perpetually banned member formerly known as kaballahone, NessYah, etc. She has a penchant for using purple prose, finding things when she walks the streets of Nova Scotia and is convinced Paul McCartney is waging a secret campaign to devalue Canada's currency just to spite her. Need I say more?

Edited by SteveAJones