Real-estate News: Jimmy's Old Boat House for Sale

zeptangerine

I wonder if the aforementioned boathouse could accommodate say...a large tapestry?

(I wonder if I could be rolled up in his tapestry and dropped out like Liz Taylor in Cleopatra, right at his feet?)

:rolleyes:

I never did quite understand what makes a true "boat house" a house. Jimmy's old house looks too heavy to float like a boat, so it is stuck in the mud with pylons? Some "boat houses" actually float and can move downstream, like the kind near Seattle, but the Thames types (David Gilmour's included) look far from floating. And if you have a "boat house," do you share the river with everyone or do you get a slice of it?

I will repeat what I said last time this news came out;

If all the forum members chipped in, we could buy the house ourselves.

Then how do we decide who gets to use the house, when and for what purpose?

Like some sort of timeshare agreement?

I never did quite understand what makes a true "boat house" a house. Jimmy's old house looks too heavy to float like a boat, so it is stuck in the mud with pylons? Some "boat houses" actually float and can move downstream, like the kind near Seattle, but the Thames types (David Gilmour's included) look far from floating. And if you have a "boat house," do you share the river with everyone or do you get a slice of it?

I think this house is a 'boat house' not in the sense of being a floating house, rather that it was a house where boats could dock alongside? Am I correct?

Then how do we decide who gets to use the house, when and for what purpose?

Like some sort of timeshare agreement?

Depends on whether the contributions are equal, or some people own a larger share than others. A committee would be formed and a decisions made on how the site should be used - my immediate thought would be some sort of Zeppelin museum. Maybe there would be space for accommodation where people could stay, either share-owners or members of the public who would pay for entry/accomodation/tours etc. Using these revenues the place could at the least remain self sufficient, if not begin to pay itself off.

It's an impractical idea but let your fantasies run wild...

I will repeat what I said last time this news came out;

If all the forum members chipped in, we could buy the house ourselves.

A house where boats dock - that makes some sense, but I didn't see a pier.

I like this idea and the time share. Once we haggle the owner well down below $1million, all forum members invest x amount for the final price. Then take the number of investors, divide them by 52 weeks in a year, and assign our vacation weeks. It might be fun to spend a week in this old house crammed with 400 members. It would be the biggest party of the year! :D

ps- I want the last week in June.

A committee would be formed and a decisions made on how the site should be used - my immediate thought would be some sort of Zeppelin museum.

I wouldn't want this to turn into the Graceland of the Thames.

Thinking about this even more, I really think this home should be placed on a historic preservation trust list. C'mon- Jimmy could buy it, reap from the tax benefits, chat with the officials and have it declaired historic due to it's place in music history. They slap labels all over Liverpool for the Beatles, so why not give this lovely home the respect it deserves?

Boat house timeshare?

I'm all for it, seriously. I'd hazard a guess that Allison might be interested too.

Don't make it into a museum though, for heaven's sake. We American forum members desperately need a London crashpad for when special events crop up, like Jimmy & Jonesy appearing with the Foos.

Thanks for that... what a neat place.

Love how they threw in a picture of Page lounging there in his plaid pants. They are really trying hard to sell it, huh? But is it 1.2 million POUNDS or DOLLARS? Too high either way, I think.

Darnit where is my change purse.... :blink:

:D

Time for a Forum bake sale? (Magic brownies, anyone?)

One is a boat house, a house for a boat.

The other is a house boat, a house that is a boat

Das Boot Haus?

In the past, the bottom floor was an enclosed wet dock for a boat. Hence, boat house.

Archived