Robert and Alison-MSG's Wamu Theatre: June 10

Great show by the pair last night. They were in peak form as was T-Bone and the band. Loved the versions of Black Country Woman and In The Mood especially.

Funny bit with Alison, when she was talking about visiting New York City. She went to the top of the Empire State Building and there was a man up there pointing out all the sights in the distance such as the Bronx and Connecticut. She said he said over there is New Jersey, but no one wants to look at that. Pretty funny. She got cheers and then boos from crowd and several remarks. All in all a great show.

Please feel free to post reviews of show and anything else.

She got cheers and then boos from crowd and several remarks.

Always leave them laughing, especially New York. I wonder if she borrowed Robert Plant's disarming smile. You gotta handle New York just right. So far the reviews that I have read have all been positive otherwise. Here is a link to a photo gallery.

Edited by eternal light

They didn't do Black Country Woman or In The Mood when I saw them. In The Mood is one of my favourite Plant songs. It is really a great show to see, and I'd reccomend it to anyone, even if they aren't a fan. My mom didn't like the music at all, but she took me to the show. The other day she was downloading stuff onto her mp3 player and I saw she was downloading Raising Sand.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. Does he have on leather pants? they look like they could be, but not as much in some light.

I think he was wearing those pants when I saw the show on Saturday. They're not leather, but I'm not sure what material they are. My first thought was they were the same pants he wore at the 02 show, but I may be wrong.

In one picture they look like they taper tighter towards the bottom. I think the ones from the O2 were more straight in the leg. I'm no clothing expert and won't claim to be, I'm just guessing.

I'm looking at Wembley pictures and he has on almost the exact same outfit he had on when I saw him.

Edited by lzfan715

Smiling like a plastic botox barbie has nothing to do with it. krauss is not an angel, a lot of people don`t like her sound and they don`t have to.Some are more interested in Led Zeppelin. The real Lady that Robert has sung about for over 40 years has roots in New York. She was living in the city and a little while up state last year .Many know the truth about what a beautiful person she is just think of Lady Liberty. And of course there are those who do , and that`s why they want to play pretend about Alison , thats politics.

Have you met lajoie?

The version of -down to the river to pray has been on my mind all day...what an amazing version of that song. They had the vibe of the record down well, but alison krauss live is something else, at times totally transcending the vibe of the raising sand record, just incredible. Plant commented that he wasnt aware of -townes van zandt until this project...found that interesting as his knowledge of all music is wide. He also made a comment about this project being -the raising sand review, chapter one and look forward to chapters 2,3...or something like that. It really seemed to be a well thought out show by them, how they backed each other up on songs, or sang together. Krauss' fiddle playing was just as impressive, really nicely placed accents to the songs. I think t bone chose not to solo on -gone gone gone, but not totally sure about that. The sound was really great, nice subtle changes on the quieter material and nice vocal mixing/volume changes during certain songs. The lighting was very good too, as it changed per song.I got back from buying a beer during -trampled rose and the place was so dark, i couldnt find my seat, or row...just sat down on a step in the aisle. battle of evermore was great, very cool version of black country woman, didnt like the version of black dog as much and the townes van zandt song -nothin, really works well live.

Great show by the pair last night. They were in peak form as was T-Bone and the band. Loved the versions of Black Country Woman and In The Mood especially.

Funny bit with Alison, when she was talking about visiting New York City. She went to the top of the Empire State Building and there was a man up there pointing out all the sights in the distance such as the Bronx and Connecticut. She said he said over there is New Jersey, but no one wants to look at that. Pretty funny. She got cheers and then boos from crowd and several remarks. All in all a great show.

Please feel free to post reviews of show and anything else.

I was there, section 304, Row P. BTW, that row was the last row!!!!!. Thank God I had binoculars! Even though it was a small venue, I was pissed off that the so-called PreSale tix were for the shitty seats.

So where did you sit?

All in all it was great. The acoustics were phenomenal. Robert sounded great. He had fleeting moments of sounding like the Zep frontman he is. He will always be and he knows it. I don't think we're done with him yet, as Led Zep. Give him time. In the meantime he's comfortable and really good as a duet with Krauss.

All their songs sounded much better performed Live, than the studio versions.

I loved The Black Country Woman snipit he did. His voice was perfect for it.

I live in NJ, even though I'm from Brooklyn originally. I felt a little dissed by Krauss's remark, as did the guy who blurted out "hey don't be dissing NJ." (did you hear him?)

I heard Alison does really bad with talking to the crowd, and say's "Let's move on" alot. She should stick to singing and leave the stand up to Robert. He does it better.

The opening act Sharon Little was fantastic, although she performed like she had stomach pains and needed to use the john.

Great reviews, many thanks, all! :) And tonight it's happening all over again!

Go ahead an give to me in english

Why do you think I'm one of those "who don't know," who should "learn or remain silent"? I just asked if you knew someone who shares your views, and with whom you share many similarities.

Edited by Aquamarine

Smiling like a plastic botox barbie has nothing to do with it. krauss is not an angel, a lot of people don`t like her sound and they don`t have to.Some are more interested in Led Zeppelin. The real Lady that Robert has sung about for over 40 years has roots in New York. She was living in the city and a little while up state last year .Many know the truth about what a beautiful person she is just think of Lady Liberty. And of course there are those who do , and that`s why they want to play pretend about Alison , thats politics.

It all makes sense now: Place is really lajoie. It's so obvious.

Incorrect---this is the translation to what I wrote "He who does not understand,should either be silent or Learn" nice try .Is No wonder The American schools are in great need help.

1. My version is equally correct, except that you got the original Latin wrong, and

2. WHO THE FUCK CARES??

He had fleeting moments of sounding like the Zep frontman he is.

Someone had posted a while back that they got the impression that Plant really wanted to let loose at times and go all out, but had to hold back a bit. I could sort of sense that too. At the show I saw on Sat, Plant got a huge smile on his face when the crowd rushed the stage, and just seemed to be so comfortable when he completely rocked out to BCW.

I was there, section 304, Row P. BTW, that row was the last row!!!!!. Thank God I had binoculars! Even though it was a small venue, I was pissed off that the so-called PreSale tix were for the shitty seats.

So where did you sit?

All in all it was great. The acoustics were phenomenal. Robert sounded great. He had fleeting moments of sounding like the Zep frontman he is. He will always be and he knows it. I don't think we're done with him yet, as Led Zep. Give him time. In the meantime he's comfortable and really good as a duet with Krauss.

All their songs sounded much better performed Live, than the studio versions.

I loved The Black Country Woman snipit he did. His voice was perfect for it.

I live in NJ, even though I'm from Brooklyn originally. I felt a little dissed by Krauss's remark, as did the guy who blurted out "hey don't be dissing NJ." (did you hear him?)

I heard Alison does really bad with talking to the crowd, and say's "Let's move on" alot. She should stick to singing and leave the stand up to Robert. He does it better.

The opening act Sharon Little was fantastic, although she performed like she had stomach pains and needed to use the john.

She wasn't saying that remark about NJ to be mean. She was pointing out basically it was rather odd to sit there and make a statement about how no one would care to see the state, at least that's how I interpreted it.

She wasn't saying that remark about NJ to be mean. She was pointing out basically it was rather odd to sit there and make a statement about how no one would care to see the state, at least that's how I interpreted it.

She was trying to be funny by re-telling what she thought was a funny joke. Bad part about that is-if the performer can't pull it off as a comedic line, then you get the boos and hisses like she did.

Probably half that audience (like me) was a "Bridge and Tunnel" person. NJ always gets made fun of, and alot of people are sensitive.

I did not boo her, nor did I comment, or yell. I just don't think she should have gone in that direction, that's all. She needs to know the crowd, and obviously didn't.

Edited by PlantOneOnMe

Bad part about that is-if the performer can't pull it off as a comedic line, then you get the boos and hisses like she did.

She needs to know the crowd, and obviously didn't.

I wish there was a video clip of this... I'm curious how it came across. It probably would've been a totally different situation if Robert had said it.