my teacher bashes led zepp

walrus15427

There's nothing wrong with either one. I'm just saying, I don't think that Plant and krauss are that great together anyways. I think that if Page got together with krauss, it wouldn't be too great either, just because.. I think that Plant and Page are both above her :rolleyes:

I guess.. what I'm saying is.. I'm not a fan of Alisson krauss in any way, really. :blink:

All the while, I don't think that it's the country aspect of it. Page and Plant both grew up in a semi-country area in England. They have very folk tastes in music. Very traditional and country-bluesy.

There's nothing wrong with either one. I'm just saying, I don't think that Plant and krauss are that great together anyways. I think that if Page got together with krauss, it wouldn't be too great either, just because.. I think that Plant and Page are both above her :rolleyes:

I guess.. what I'm saying is.. I'm not a fan of Alisson krauss in any way, really. :blink:

All the while, I don't think that it's the country aspect of it. Page and Plant both grew up in a semi-country area in England. They have very folk tastes in music. Very traditional and country-bluesy.

What do you mean by 'semi-country'?

I wouldn't say Page and Plant are above Alison. It's comparing apples to buildings. Whether you like her or not, there's no denying her talent both as a singer and fiddler.

I wouldn't say Page and Plant are above Alison. It's comparing apples to buildings. Whether you like her or not, there's no denying her talent both as a singer and fiddler.

Definately. Alison may not be your cup of tea, but she can definately hold her own. Let's face it - if Robert wants to work with her, she must be doing something right.

Definately. Alison may not be your cup of tea, but she can definately hold her own. Let's face it - if Robert wants to work with her, she must be doing something right.

:yesnod: And I would say the same for Jimmy if he had chosen to as well.

She's not my cup of tea either, austin. I understand where you're coming from. I miss the days of Robert Plant as a solo artist (especially in the mid eighties)!

She's not my cup of tea either, austin. I understand where you're coming from. I miss the days of Robert Plant as a solo artist (especially in the mid eighties)!

:rolleyes: City Gurl needs some kulturin'

Check out the fire alarm in pt2 :hysterical:

:rolleyes: City Gurl needs some kulturin'

Check out the fire alarm in pt2 :hysterical:

Give me Southern rock anyday, but never gonna be a country girl :) If it's not in the rock n roll genre, i'm a snob about it! I will disclose the only time i have seen Robert and Alison perform together was on the Grammy Awards. I enjoyed it, but i know only because of Robert.

edit: only one L in her name

I don't mind if anyone likes country or not, Alison is not your cup of tea, it's totally ok.

What I was saying is just don't call things "crap" or "shit" or "sucks" too quickly if you don't really know them, or where is the difference from the people who simply bashed Zeppelin?

I don't mind if anyone likes country or not, Alison is not your cup of tea, it's totally ok.

What I was saying is just don't call things "crap" or "shit" or "sucks" too quickly if you don't really know them, or where is the difference from the people who simply bashed Zeppelin?

Where did Austin use any of your above chosen words? I looked twice and can't find the post.

I love many genres of music, but if asked my "opinion" on country, country/western, or bluegrass, i would opt to use one of the words you mentioned :)

Where did Austin use any of your above chosen words? I looked twice and can't find the post.

I love many genres of music, but if asked my "opinion" on country, country/western, or bluegrass, i would opt to use one of the words you mentioned :)

Sorry that I didn't make it clear, when I said don't use such words, it's not specially adressed at him. Some people here in this thread did use "shit" and "sucks".

But then again, do what you like, it doesn't really matter what I think.

Sorry that I didn't make it clear, when I said don't use such words, it's not specially adressed at him. Some people here in this thread did use "shit" and "sucks".

But then again, do what you like, it doesn't really matter what I think.

Okay i understand. Just looked like it was meant for Austin since you quoted him. Still, if people say country or Rap or whatever, sucks, that is how they feel and that is perfectly fine. I have always hated country music and i would venture to say that will not change. I have a best friend who grew up listening to country and she loves it. She also likes rock music and Zeppelin. But many people hate rock. It's their ears...

...but, on the subject of a teacher bashing Led Zeppelin, or any other band or type of music, i think they should keep their opinion to themself. A teacher should at least pretend to be open minded and well-rounded in the classroom.

Open-minded with regard to subjects outside their teaching area, such as rock bands, perhaps. In that case, the teacher's opinion is worth no more than anybody else's, so I don't know why people get so worked up about it.

When I walk into a classroom, though, I'm not going to to be open-minded about whether a certain book is worth reading, for example. I damn well think it is, or I wouldn't have assigned it, and I'm going to try my best to show the students that it is, too! :D

Open-minded with regard to subjects outside their teaching area, such as rock bands, perhaps. In that case, the teacher's opinion is worth no more than anybody else's, so I don't know why people get so worked up about it.

When I walk into a classroom, though, I'm not going to to be open-minded about whether a certain book is worth reading, for example. I damn well think it is, or I wouldn't have assigned it, and I'm going to try my best to show the students that it is, too! :D

Agreed, exactly what i meant but didn't say clearly enough. Things not pertaining to the class curriculm/assignments. Personal opinions about subjects other than why a student is in the class should be kept in their place. If a teacher was to bash a band i like, though, i think i would be upset more about the inappropriateness of their giving an opinion rather than the fact they don't like the particular band. That is what i meant by pretending... or just keeping their opinion to themself. I can't recall any teacher in all my years in school/College ever saying anything i found offensive (or not important enough to remember).

TRUE STORY! In my youth, my U.S. History teacher in High School used to hate LED ZEPPELIN until I got a hold of him. I actually took my boom box to school all week and took it to his class and blasted LED ZEPPELIN II till he admitted that he liked it. Actually, I was suspended for three days which was fine with me but one of my friends from class said that he heard my teacher actually admit that ZEPPELIN II was not a bad album at all. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Ever since that little incident happened in High School all the way up to this very day, I HAVE NEVER HEARD ONE PERSON OR ANYONE SAY THAT THEY HATED LED ZEPPELIN! N-O--O-N-E!!!!!! ROCK ON!

No, you all are making it out to be more than it is.

I'm not going completely ape on her, and verbally bashing her. I'm just saying, she's not one of my top 5 artists, and that's it.

I just don't listen to her, and that's all. Is that alright, with the general population? Can one choose not to like a certain artist, maybe for their own reasons. Just saying.

I know many people in real life, who think Led Zeppelin is horrible. That's ok with me, it's their opinion.

EDIT: P.S. Thanks to Tangerine. Sticking up for me :) I may not be on too often, so I may not have time to respond to things on the thread as quickly. Thanks. I did think the same thing too, but as I can see. She was just referring to it in general.

I'm not going completely ape on her, and verbally bashing her. I'm just saying, she's not one of my top 5 artists, and that's it.

I just don't listen to her, and that's all. Is that alright, with the general population? Can one choose not to like a certain artist, maybe for their own reasons. Just saying.

I know many people in real life, who think Led Zeppelin is horrible. That's ok with me, it's their opinion.

EDIT: P.S. Thanks to Tangerine. Sticking up for me :) I may not be on too often, so I may not have time to respond to things on the thread as quickly. Thanks. I did think the same thing too, but as I can see. She was just referring to it in general.

Of course you can say you don't listen to Alison or any artist for that matter. It'd be pretty boring if everyone listened to the exact same things. What gets upsetting is when people bash her simply because they view her as the barrier for Zep getting back together (which she absolutely isn't). So it's nothing to do with your taste and as you said above, you just don't care for her which is nicely put. Some aren't so kind.

Your welcome! I was perplexed when i read the post to you and had to ask for further details :) I also agreed with what you had originally said and was going to reply to you when i saw what was said to you, getting me off track from my intent, lol.

Of course you can say you don't listen to Alison or any artist for that matter. It'd be pretty boring if everyone listened to the exact same things. What gets upsetting is when people bash her simply because they view her as the barrier for Zep getting back together (which she absolutely isn't). So it's nothing to do with your taste and as you said above, you just don't care for her which is nicely put. Some aren't so kind.

Exactly. Thank you. I don't see her as a 'barrier' from a tour. Which, I know where you're coming from, I have some friends who seem to believe that.. She is completely stopping a tour, that I don't think would be in the first place. I just don't like her music, MAINLY because I'm not a fan of bluegrass or country, not her in specifics.

Lol, thanks Tangerine. I sure appreciate it.

Archived