my teacher bashes led zepp

walrus15427

I think I really don't care at all....

Maybe you should start listening to Cannibal Corpse and Anal Cunt and then see what he has to say about Led Zeppelin?

Or better yet, maybe a little Burzum with a side of Mayhem.

Oh, on a side note: Please learn to properly type and spell words. Thank you very much.

TRUE STORY! In my youth, my U.S. History teacher in High School used to hate LED ZEPPELIN until I got a hold of him. I actually took my boom box to school all week and took it to his class and blasted LED ZEPPELIN II till he admitted that he liked it. Actually, I was suspended for three days which was fine with me but one of my friends from class said that he heard my teacher actually admit that ZEPPELIN II was not a bad album at all. ROCK ON!

TRUE STORY! In my youth, my U.S. History teacher in High School used to hate LED ZEPPELIN until I got a hold of him. I actually took my boom box to school all week and took it to his class and blasted LED ZEPPELIN II till he admitted that he liked it. Actually, I was suspended for three days which was fine with me but one of my friends from class said that he heard my teacher actually admit that ZEPPELIN II was not a bad album at all. ROCK ON!

I wonder why so many people bash bands that they've probably barely even listened to. With a band as widely known as Zeppelin I guess you're going to get a bunch of people who judge them without ever giving them a chance though. I don't see a point in trying to make someone like them if they say they don't, that's their own choice.

I wonder why so many people bash bands that they've probably barely even listened to. With a band as widely known as Zeppelin I guess you're going to get a bunch of people who judge them without ever giving them a chance though. I don't see a point in trying to make someone like them if they say they don't, that's their own choice.

You're right, its their choice but I couldn't bare my teacher making that statement before the whole class without knowing what their music was all about. He was actually judging ZEPPELIN without really hearing them which was not fair. I, as a student would feel that I failed if I would have let him keep living on without knowing who ZEPPELIN really was. I did feel confident that he would eventually become a ZEPPELIN fan later because who wouldn't? I'm not sorry that I did what I did but I am very happy that he became a ZEPPELIN fan before I passed his class despite being suspended which he would later apologize to me for it. ROCK ON!

Find out how to broadcast music from your schools PA to every room. Then you know what to do ... :D

We did that with Pb. Converted 1000 students instantly. Billy Graham should have been so lucky :D

I don't know about my teachers musical taste, but nearly all of them are horrible, so them hating LZ would make it even more atractive to me- if it wasn't already the most atractive band on earth.

Cuse my English, but it's nearly holidays and I don't get enough of sleep to form gramatical correct sentences in a foreign language. Don't hate me for that, please.

its soo funny, i was on a field trip, and there was the music teacher and 2 other teacher/ staff in the room whith me.well the music teacher starts trying to see if i know my music.then i hear the openning riff to whole lotta love.its soo funny cause they were amazed that i knew all the lz songs.it was awesome to be with some teachers who shared a passion for my fav band.

• 2 weeks later...

i remember i wore a swan song shirt to school one day and my science teacher said is that a naked angel on your shirt? and then i said buy the stairway and find out. and on every test/worksheet I drew Zoso. and my band teacher always looked at me in a weird way whenever I mentioned classic rock.

• 6 months later...

Haha, my high school handed us laptops for our schoolwork. Every day, I have a Led Zeppelin or some other classic band as my wallpaper and most of my notes have Jimmy Page watermarks! All the kids are just so curious about it. My teacher just looks at my laptop & shakes his head. I also make a song reference out of everything!!!

Teacher: Okay kids, today we are learning about Greek Mythology. Do you guys know any myths?

Student 1: The Trojan War!

Teacher: perfect, who was the hero in that story?

Student 2: Achilles

Me: Dude, that is a freaking awesome song by Led Zeppelin! It's like 10 minutes long.

Haha, and they're all amazed that I make good grades.

I there, it´s te first time i write in this forum.

I can say that it was because of my teacher that i became adicted to Led Zeppelin, he was the one to gave me a DVD full of dicographys of several bands and between them there was THE BEST BAND OF ALL TIME!

I´m from Portugal and there isn´t many people that know them -.-

My music teacher bashes Led Zeppelin, but he´s an idiot anyway. <_<

As I asked my English teacher, if I can put a Led Zeppelin song under a presentation I was preparing by then, we started a nice conversation about the band. A few weeks later he called to his desk while I was working on a group exercise just to show me that Led Zeppelin was article of the day on Wikipedia.

But he unfortunalety is the only Zep fan is class besides me.

Nice one mate :D

I wore a zep shirt to my first English class last semester and the next class he was going to bring in some songs to show how they reflect on society so he brought in some zep for me. Then for my midterm I wrote an about Going to California and he didn't mark anything off.

When I was a youngster, I would've been appalled if any of my teachers liked the same music as me. They're not *supposed* to like the same things as you; in fact they should be offended, contemptuous - or even better, totally ignorant - of what you're into. Even now, I'd be very put out if my Dad were to ask if he can borrow my Zeppelin CDs. No and no!!

When I was a youngster, I would've been appalled if any of my teachers liked the same music as me. They're not *supposed* to like the same things as you; in fact they should be offended, contemptuous - or even better, totally ignorant - of what you're into. Even now, I'd be very put out if my Dad were to ask if he can borrow my Zeppelin CDs. No and no!!

I never knew what my teachers listened to except my high school orchestra teacher and he had similar taste as me :D I love that my mom and I listen to the same things (well more on the folk/roots/country stuff) :)

But I also am not bothered by people who say they hate Zep or any other artist I like. Taste is subjective. Be pretty boring if we all liked the same things!

When I was a youngster, I would've been appalled if any of my teachers liked the same music as me. They're not *supposed* to like the same things as you; in fact they should be offended, contemptuous - or even better, totally ignorant - of what you're into.

Same here! :lol: Although times have changed since then, I'm slowly realizing. But oh, the rebellion element of early rock was fun.

I think today I'm the only Zeppelin fan in most of my classes--difference is, I'm now the teacher. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The day of my 8th grade "orientation/meet the teacher" thing, I watched all five hours of the Led Zeppelin DVD, so I of course wore my Zep shirt to school later. Met my science teacher and one of the first things he said was "Ya like Led Zeppelin, huh?" "Oh yeah-big time" (nobody ever seems to get what I mean by "big time", until now...)

Teacher-"do you know how they got their name?"

Well that set me off on a nice little speech, after which he just grinned at me as my mom rolled her eyes.

"Well, I might give you extra credit for that..."

We stood there talking for a while, until I had to leave and let the other students talk to him.

He's still my favorite teacher.

One of our vocabulary words recently was "hedgerow", and my language teacher said "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now..." Everyone in the class has that :huh: look, except for me, who's grinning from ear to ear. :D

I loved my band director last year like a father. I would hang out in the auditorium for like a half hour after school. One day, we were moving the double basses and upon carrying a bow around, I started on "You know the Led Zeppelin song Dazed and Confused?" He stopped, stared at me and said "You listen to Led Zeppelin?" with total surpise. That lead to another long conversation...

I guess cause were so young they expect us not to know good music... :huh:

Archived