60's bands suggestions

Zoso2112

Hey, let's not forget Bubblegum.

Plus a whole bunch of others, John Freddie and his Playboy Band, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, 1910 Fruitgum Company, The Happenings,

The Turtles, The Grassroots, Take a Letter Maria. I'm so high right now.

The Looking Glass -Brandy Only this one is really bubble gum but the rest of thier music was not.

The Guess Who

Grand Funk Railroad

Three Dog Night

Ten Years After

The Moving Sidewalk

The Moody Blues

T-REX

Brownsville Station

Savoy Brown

Wow guys, thanks for all the suggestions. Here's what I've tried so far:

Holding Company

Pretty Things

13th Floor Elevators

Hendrix's "Blues"

And i forgot to mention the doors in the first post.

This is helping me so much, I intend on trying to listen to every band you guys suggest. =) So many ove these bands are bands that I have never heard of(Mostly because I am only 16 years old.)

Thanks again!

I'm a year younger than you as of yesterday. (It was my 15th b-day.) Anyway, if you like Big Brother check out Cheap Thrills but BB+THC. You should look into Janis's 2 other albums, I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again, Mama! and Pearl. Have you looked into Jefferson Airplane? If not go get Surrealistic Pillow.

I'm a year younger than you as of yesterday. (It was my 15th b-day.) Anyway, if you like Big Brother check out Cheap Thrills but BB+THC. You should look into Janis's 2 other albums, I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again, Mama! and Pearl. Have you looked into Jefferson Airplane? If not go get Surrealistic Pillow.

Wow, I'm impressed! :notworthy:

Miles Davis is considered one of the Jazz masters.

Yes. Please do.

I can suggest these for the Prince of Darkness's 60s albums.

In A Silent Way (amazing jazz fusion album from 1969, one of the true firsts)

Someday My Prince Will Come (excellent album with the Sextet)

Sketches of Spain (one of his best)

Miles Smiles (one of the best of the second incarnation of the Miles Davis Quintet)

Nefertiti (my favorite Quintet album, get this first)

kind of Blue (it's 1959, but get it)

And why stop at Miles?

Some Coltrane! :D

A Love Supreme (the greatest jazz album ever, to me at lest)

Ascension (an avant garde jazz album)

Giant Steps (one of his bests)

Here's some more of what to get.

Out To Lunch - Eric Dolphy (one of the best avant garde jazz albums ever)

Juju and Speak No Evil - Wayne Shorter (excellent hard bop albums)

We Insist! Max Roach's Freedom Now Suite - Max Roach (great jazz album)

Maiden Voyage by Herbie Hancock

Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus, Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus and The Black Saint and Sinner Lady by Charles Mingus

Hi, just recently I have been really getting into 60's music. I want some suggestions of some bands to listen too. What I would mostly like to listen to from this period would be anything that is psychodelic or blues. Some of the bands that I've been listening too are Ten Years After, The Bluesbreakers, the Yardbirds (of course), Vanilla Fudge, The Small Faces, The Jeff Beck Group, Hendrix, Cream, and many more. Thanks in advance guys.

Here is the ultimate way to find 60' songs and music that are obscure and excellent. Go to 3WK click Classic Underground and get ready to write down what you like.

http://classic.3wk.com/player/player.php?f...station=classic

The James Gang got their start in the late 60's. I dig that crap, especially if I have some weed to toot.

I think they still tour, although with different members. Joe Walsh did a few venues with them a year or two ago - wouldn't it be great if they could more permanently reform?

I think they still tour, although with different members. Joe Walsh did a few venues with them a year or two ago - wouldn't it be great if they could more permanently reform?

Maybe. I don't even care anymore. I just enjoy downloading three free ITUNES songs every week. I'm pathetic.

Some really good suggestions have been made.

Here's some more

David Bowie

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Iron Butterfly

expand your horizons a little from just Psychedelic.

some of the greatest rock music ever was released in the late 60's through the early to mid 70's IMO.

The Eagles

Elton John

Seals and Crofts

Cat Stevens

Van Morrison

To name a few.

Some really good suggestions have been made.

Here's some more

David Bowie

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Iron Butterfly

expand your horizons a little from just Psychedelic.

some of the greatest rock music ever was released in the late 60's through the early to mid 70's IMO.

The Eagles

Elton John

Seals and Crofts

Cat Stevens

Van Morrison

To name a few.

I already listen to a lot of 70's stuff.

I just wanted to get into 60's stuff thanks though. B)

You can get it on ebay and on amazon. It's out of print, but you can still get it. The book is great. There are a few cuss words, and other things that might offended some, but I didn't get offended over any of it.

You can get it on ebay and on amazon. It's out of print, but you can still get it. The book is great. There are a few cuss words, and other things that might offended some, but I didn't get offended over any of it.

;);) I'll get it. with my army of zep books. :P

I seriousLy need a Lot of zep books but I'm scared to read something bad. after pameLa's book..eww..I don't have courage to read about any of my idoL ( NOT pameLa..jimmy lol) even if it's not true, words are Like..echoing in my brain

Thanks! :blush:

I love Grace, you should read her book if you haven't already.

I like her position on old rockers. I do agree with her to some degree. At some age, you should just stop...

Also, she was fucking gorgeous. As I always say, if it were the 60s, I'd be a lesbian for Grace :)

Try this...

The Rain Parade:

Emergency Third Rail Power Trip

Enigma 1983 / Reissue 1992 Demon/MAU MAU MAUCD 611

David Roback (g,v)

Matt Piucci (v,g)

Steve Roback (b,v)

Will Glenn (k)

Eddie Kalwa (d) Talking In My Sleep

This Can't Be Today

I Look Around

1 Hour 1/2 Ago

Carolyn's Song

What's She's Done To Your Mind

Look At Merry

Saturday's Asylum

Kaleidoscope

Look Both Ways

One of the best 60's records ever but the best part is that it came out in 83! Highly recommended.

Make sure to check out these bands to:

Tomorrow - which included a pre-Yes Steve Howe and Twink who was also in The Pretty Things

The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown

Procol Harum

The Soft Machine (if anyone hasn't mentioned them)

Archived