Reunion tour possabilities

I totally agree that the sole reason for the Page Plant split in 98 was due to the failure of WIC (Failure from the perspective of their prior success). WIC only went gold, at least on original release.

Also you could tell by the look on Plant's face from the lukewarm reception the new songs received when performed live, that the reunion would not survive.

If you look at Plant's M.O. when things start to slide he bolts. (shaken N Stirred, Fate of Nations, WIC)

This failure (perceived failure) sent Robert into a Tailspin. The Page/Plant Duo that produced so many great moments in the 70's was supposed to be a sure thing. That was a major blow to the ego, and if you notice he hasn't written but handful of songs since.

That brings us to the current situation. Raising Sand is his most successful work since Now and Zen. (20 years ago) And is giving him more main stream praise ie Grammy's than he has ever had.

So it would be only natural for him to ask himself, where does he want to go. One last hurray as Led Zeppelin rehashing his past glories, or embracing a new singing style that he could milk for at least another decade that has produced some of his most successful post Zeppelin moments.

I totally agree that the sole reason for the Page Plant split in 98 was due to the failure of WIC (Failure from the perspective of their prior success). WIC only went gold, at least on original release.

Also you could tell by the look on Plant's face from the lukewarm reception the new songs received when performed live, that the reunion would not survive.

If you look at Plant's M.O. when things start to slide he bolts. (shaken N Stirred, Fate of Nations, WIC)

This failure (perceived failure) sent Robert into a Tailspin. The Page/Plant Duo that produced so many great moments in the 70's was supposed to be a sure thing. That was a major blow to the ego, and if you notice he hasn't written but handful of songs since.

That brings us to the current situation. Raising Sand is his most successful work since Now and Zen. (20 years ago) And is giving him more main stream praise ie Grammy's than he has ever had.

So it would be only natural for him to ask himself, where does he want to go. One last hurray as Led Zeppelin rehashing his past glories, or embracing a new singing style that he could milk for at least another decade that has produced some of his most successful post Zeppelin moments.

Correct about disapointment with sales, but I have to disagree on reaction to the new songs live, quite the contrary. These songs were very well received , especially Walking into Clarksdale and Most High. If the album versions were as solid as the live ones the sales story would be very very different. On the Clarksdale CD the vocals are pretty ruinous. Again I'd like to suggest the 1998 Mansfield MA Tweeter Pavilion show as a point of reference.

As has been posted many times, blows to his ego were not the reason for that tour ending. And as for a handful of songs, that would include the award-winning album Mighty Rearranger.

"When Jimmy gets into intense guitar solos, spit runs down his lower lip. Absolutely, no question. He just gets into his playing. He doesn't care about anything else in the world except the music."

According to what I've been told, the same statement could be made for other activities, particularly ones that occurred in hotel rooms! :lol:

Umm ok, Ev I am trying to work here!!! :o:blush::bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

Archived