HAPPY 29TH ANNIVERSARY LED ZEPPELIN AT KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL 4 AUGUST 1979!

How's it going "ledzepfvr?" I hope all is well with you. I have heard about KNEBWORTH DVD collections that contain both shows but some are not complete. I need for you to tell me the tracking list for both shows and I will tell you if it is complete or not. I own both separate shows on a 3-DVD set (11 August 1979) and a 2-DVD set (4 August 1979). Both of these shows have excellent picture and sound quality. How's the quality of your collection? I never thought about that, maybe John Paul did call and order pizza and mixed drinks while on stage. Ha Ha! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

It is a 2 disc DVD set. Disc one has Royal Albert Hall 1979 set plus some extras and Disc 2 has Madison Square Garden 1973, Earls Court 1975 and Knebworth 1979 plus some extras. Knebworth is not a full set. It has Rock and Roll, Nobodys Fault, Sick Again, Achilles Last Stand, In the Evening, Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love. Most of the quality is good but some shots seem to be different(grainy) Bootleg shots I suspect.

It is a 2 disc DVD set. Disc one has Royal Albert Hall 1979 set plus some extras and Disc 2 has Madison Square Garden 1973, Earls Court 1975 and Knebworth 1979 plus some extras. Knebworth is not a full set. It has Rock and Roll, Nobodys Fault, Sick Again, Achilles Last Stand, In the Evening, Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love. Most of the quality is good but some shots seem to be different(grainy) Bootleg shots I suspect.

How's it going "ledzepfvr?" Ah, you have the regular DVD release, that is not the complete show. I have BOTH KNEBWORTH shows in their entirety with excellent picture and sound quality. The tracks for both shows are as follows:

4 August 1979

Disc 1

(1.) Introduction

(2.) The Song Remains The Same

(3.) Celebration Day

(4.) Black Dog

(5.) Nobody's Fault But Mine

(6.) Over The Hills And Far Away

(7.) Misty Mountain Hop

(8.) Since I've Been Loving You

(9.) No Quarter

(10.) Ten Years Gone

(11.) Hot Dog

(12.) The Rain Song

(13.) White Summer - Black Mountain Side

(14.) Kashmir

Disc 2

(1.) Trampled Underfoot

(2.) Sick Again

(3.) Achilles Last Stand

(4.) Guitar Solo

(5.) In the Evening

(6.) Stairway To Heaven

(7.) Rock And Roll

(8.) Whole Lotta Love

(9.) Heartbreaker

11 August 1979

Disc 1

(1.) The Song Remains The Same

(2.) Celebration Day

(3.) Black Dog

(4.) Nobody's Fault But Mine

(5.) Over The Hills And Far Away

(6.) Misty Mountain Hop

(7.) Since I've Been Loving You

(8.) No Quarter

Disc 2

(1.) Hot Dog

(2.) The Rain Song

(3.) White Summer / Black Mountain Side

(4.) Kashmir

(5.) Trampled Underfoot

(6.) Sick Again

(7.) Achilles Last Stand

Disc 3

(1.) Guitar Solo

(2.) In The Evening

(3.) Stairway To Heaven

(4.) Rock And Roll

(5.) Whole Lotta Love

(6.) Communication Breakdown

The songlist for both shows are exactly the same except the very last song. I will be playing both complete shows at two different bars starting on 4 August 2009 (Tuesday) and the following week on 11 August 2009 (Tuesday). It looks like it is going to be another packed house this year. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

Sounds like you have the hot set up. Have Fun! :party:

How's it going "ledzepfvr?" I hope all is well with you and your family. The best part other than the DVD concert itself is the fact that I get all of my drinks for free. I will let you know how it turns out. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

I will be playing both complete shows at two different bars starting on 4 August 2009 (Tuesday) and the following week on 11 August 2009 (Tuesday). It looks like it is going to be another packed house this year. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF,

I wish and hope you have the best of times as i did at both shows in person all those years ago. Like you i will dedecate the 4th and 11th to playing both of the shows that you have posted of Knebworth in their entireity to Celebrate not only the 30th anniversary of Led Zeppelins last two English shows but to Celebrate the Music of the Greatest Band that ever Walked the Planet.

To all their Fans on this Forum and everywhere else i Salute you and ask that you all raise a Glass to the Mighty Led Zeppelin, their Music and the Great Knebworth Shows. :beer:

And if you can play the Knebworth Show's on their anniversary dates, one of which is Tommorrow the 4th, then please do and send out good vibes to the World

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi ZFF,

I wish and hope you have the best of times as i did at both shows in person all those years ago. Like you i will dedecate the 4th and 11th to playing both of the shows that you have posted of Knebworth in their entireity to Celebrate not only the 30th anniversary of Led Zeppelins last two English shows but to Celebrate the Music of the Greatest Band that ever Walked the Planet.

To all their Fans on this Forum and everywhere else i Salute you and ask that you all raise a Glass to the Mighty Led Zeppelin, their Music and the Great Knebworth Shows. :beer:

And if you can play the Knebworth Show's on their anniversary dates, one of which is Tommorrow the 4th, then please do and send out good vibes to the World

Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny my buddy? I hope all is well with you and your family. You lucky SOB, you got to see both KNEBWORTH shows live in person! Oh well, at least we'll both get to see both shows LIVE in their entirety on DVD for the next two Tuesday's starting tomorrow. I promise to raise my glass in your as well as both KNEBWORTH show's honor's many times starting tomorrow. I will also do my best in sending out good vibes all over the world starting tomorrow as well. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope the weekend went well. I survived numerous hangover's this weekend while getting ready to celebrate LED ZEPPELIN'S first night at the KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL on 4 AUGUST 1979. I'm getting set to take my one hour lunch today and am very excited that I will have tomorrow off. Tonight, I will be at the Bicycle Club bar with my 4 August 1979 KNEBWORTH DVD set and will have my friend who is the manager of Bicycle Club show it on three huge screens in powerfull Dolby Surround Pro Logic sound. I know that I will be having a great time tonight and I will be thinking of all of you. If any of you were at the KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL or would like to share any thoughts of the first show on 4 August 1979, please feel free to enlighten me. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you, LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN! ROCK ON!

ZeppFanForever A.K.A. John

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. I just want to wish the mighty LED ZEPPELIN a HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY of both KNEBWORTH shows (4 & 11 August 1979) and I will be celebrating for the next two Tuesday's starting tonight by celebrating each show that I own on DVD, at two different bars. Otherwise, I will be doing the same thing this year that I did last year. Please join me by raising your drinks and toast to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN today (4 August 2009) as BIGDAN well put it! I am going to attempt in sending out good vibes all over the world. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON my friends!

I was there too. A few technical hitches, but fantastic concert. The memories will live with me forever.

I stayed to the very end and missed my bus home. Well I wasn't going to miss a single note. Can't believe the bus went before the end of the show! Slept by the roadside overnight and managed to get a lift home (to Manchester at the time).

I too have the concert on DVD (secrets revealed). Quality is OK. Anyone got a better copy?

I do hope the 'lads' will do another reunion gig or tour. Guess it's too late now. Lets hope Jimmy gets an O2 DVD out soon. I desperately wanted to be at O2, but was one of the dissapointed millions that didn't get a ticket.

How's it going "jabe?" I hope all is well with you. You have to admit, that 1979 band photo session taken out in the field at KNEBWORTH is one of their best all-time band publicity photos ever. ROCK ON!

To each their own, but I don't see it that way at all - The Kings of Rock look uncertain.

I was there too. A few technical hitches, but fantastic concert. The memories will live with me forever.

I stayed to the very end and missed my bus home. Well I wasn't going to miss a single note. Can't believe the bus went before the end of the show! Slept by the roadside overnight and managed to get a lift home (to Manchester at the time).

I too have the concert on DVD (secrets revealed). Quality is OK. Anyone got a better copy?

I do hope the 'lads' will do another reunion gig or tour. Guess it's too late now. Lets hope Jimmy gets an O2 DVD out soon. I desperately wanted to be at O2, but was one of the dissapointed millions that didn't get a ticket.

How's it going "Phil B?" I hope all is well with you. Other than BIGDAN A.K.A. Danny, it really feels great conversing with someone who was actually there in order to share some very special moments with one of the Top 2 all-time greatest bands ever! I am looking forward to conversing with you more concerning both KNEBWORTH shows in the near furure. As for the "Secrets Revealed" DVD, I have heard of so many different versions that are on 1 DVD DL or 1 DVD-R DL (Double Layer) as well as on a 2-DVD or 2-DVD-R set. There are some versions that are supposedly using the WatchTower label that are not by Watchtower. I own the genuine original 2-DVD set by Watchtower (Not on DVD-R's) and the picture and sound quality is very good. I wish that there was a 3-DVD set on the 4 August 1979 show, the quality would be so much better. Which "Secrets Revealed" do you own? Again, I am looking forward to conversing with you further on both KNEBWORTH shows. In the mean time, thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

To each their own, but I don't see it that way at all - The Kings of Rock look uncertain.

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. While I do respect your opinions, I do have reasons to think differently. In my opinion, and I truly believe that it is yours too Steve seeing that you are a very knowledgeable person, when I look at those KNEBWORTH photos, I'm looking at a miracle! Please remember, as I'm confident that you do, that after the tragic end of the 1977 Tour, the majority of the music critics were all unanimously convinced that the mighty LED ZEPPELIN'S career was over. After all, despite being beaten down by life as a result of all of the fatalities and tragedies along with the alcohol, prescribed medications and drug abuse that should have befalled and killed the band, the mighty LED ZEPPELIN persevered and survived it all to that point and lived to tell about it. LED ZEPPELIN was the biggest and greatest band in the world in the 1970's, and with it, there was consequences as a result of living life to the fullest on their own terms. What band could possibly survive everything that LED ZEPPELIN went through? The band may have the look of uncertainty, why? Because the band was totally uncertain as to how they made it that far to that point. Little did they know that other than their fan's love and loyalty for the band, it was all four band member's attitude, their big hearts and their extreme love and passion for their music that carried them through and kept them standing with their heads held up high to that point. Thats what I see when I look at the mighty LED ZEPPELIN in those KNEBWORTH photos. Please think about this Steve, when Robert Plant was crying and shedding tears on stage after the first show (4 August 1979) ended and all four were standing together in the middle of the stage, all thanking the crowd, what do you think that Robert was thinking? A HUGE MIRACLE INDEED! Thanks for your comment Steve and ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. While I do respect your opinions, I do have reasons to think differently. In my opinion, and I truly believe that it is yours too Steve seeing that you are a very knowledgeable person, when I look at those KNEBWORTH photos, I'm looking at a miracle! Please remember, as I'm confident that you do, that after the tragic end of the 1977 Tour, the majority of the music critics were all unanimously convinced that the mighty LED ZEPPELIN'S career was over. After all, despite being beaten down by life as a result of all of the fatalities and tragedies along with the alcohol, prescribed medications and drug abuse that should have befalled and killed the band, the mighty LED ZEPPELIN persevered and survived it all to that point and lived to tell about it. LED ZEPPELIN was the biggest and greatest band in the world in the 1970's, and with it, there was consequences as a result of living life to the fullest on their own terms. What band could possibly survive everything that LED ZEPPELIN went through? The band may have the look of uncertainty, why? Because the band was totally uncertain as to how they made it that far to that point. Little did they know that other than their fan's love and loyalty for the band, it was all four band member's attitude, their big hearts and their extreme love and passion for their music that carried them through and kept them standing with their heads held up high to that point. Thats what I see when I look at the mighty LED ZEPPELIN in those KNEBWORTH photos. A HUGE MIRACLE INDEED! Thanks for your comment Steve and ROCK ON my friend!

I think we can agree they were going through a wide range of emotions at the time, so there is no "right" or "wrong" answer here, we're just looking at it differently. I see four

men uncertain about their future together as opposed to reflecting on their past or even how they arrived at that point. Yet we also know just a few frames later Robert drops his pants, much to their amusement. Sometimes a photo is just a photo. :)

I'm watching the DVD Knebworth show right now. This is the first time I've seen it. OMFG. Wish there was more to see. I am so envious of those that got to see them there or at any concert. Sadly I never did. I have to say JP wasn't looking so great then but he still plays a mean guitar. My husband is enjoying the guitar playing. What's with the telephone on John Pauls organ? May someone can address that for me. Whole Lotta Love would be my all time favorite in their catalog. I know its not as complex as some of the other songs but the riff just pounds into my soul. Robert looks great and Bonzo's playing is phenomenal. I sometimes wonder what path LZ would have taken if Bonzo were still here. It's over. I'll have to watch it again on the 4th.

...No matter how many times I watch Knebworth, same thoughts and feelings come to my mind, every single time, I wish Robert wasn't wearing black, and Jimmy wasn't wearing blue...I much prefer Green.......(He does look HOT in Green)

Pilot is just dropping in on this magical date :wave: just to say 'Hi' to everyone and especially to my fellow attendees at Knebworth 30 years ago today.

Where has all the time gone?

Dispite those advancing years I still remember the days events as if it were yesterday.

Zeppelin, Chas 'n' Dave, Commander Cody, Todd, stinking latrines, "Wally", over priced refreshments, no food, plenty of beer, cow patts, crushing entrance during the wee hours.

Fantastic!. In fact I enjoyed so much that I went back the following week to do it all again!

Pilot

Pilot is just dropping in on this magical date :wave: just to say 'Hi' to everyone and especially to my fellow attendees at Knebworth 30 years ago today.

Dispite those advancing years I still remember the days events as if it were yesterday.

Zeppelin, Chas 'n' Dave, Commander Cody, Todd, stinking latrines, "Wally", over priced refreshments, no food, plenty of beer, cow patts, crushing entrance during the wee hours.

Fantastic!. In fact I enjoyed so much that I went back the following week to do it all again!

Pilot

Here's to us Knebworthians Pilot :rolleyes:

30 years gone B)

Still remember the hairs standing up all over my body when the lights went down and then that usual drum sound from Bonzo and then Holy Fuck its LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

B)B)B)

I think we can agree they were going through a wide range of emotions at the time, so there is no "right" or "wrong" answer here, we're just looking at it differently. I see four

men uncertain about their future together as opposed to reflecting on their past or even how they arrived at that point. Yet we also know just a few frames later Robert drops his pants, much to their amusement. Sometimes a photo is just a photo. :)

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. I heard about that incident, no wonder all four were clapping and laughing in one photo. When you get a chance Steve, please re-read the bottom of the previous post (Post #61). You didn't read the edit that I did at the end of my comment. Please comment on it, it was a very emotional time for the band indeed. Thanks for your comment Steve and ROCK ON my friend!

...No matter how many times I watch Knebworth, same thoughts and feelings come to my mind, every single time, I wish Robert wasn't wearing black, and Jimmy wasn't wearing blue...I much prefer Green.......(He does look HOT in Green)

How's it going "PlanetPage?" I hope all is well with you. You do have a good point! In my opinion, I just wished that the band wore different outfits for both shows since it can be confusing as to which show it is. Unless you have seen both shows either in person or on DVD, you will be able to spot and tell which show it is. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

Pilot

How's it going "Pilot of the Storm?" I hope all is well with you. Thanks for dropping in on the forum on this magical day and anniversary, I promise to toast a few drinks to you as well as BIGDAN and all of the attendees that attended the KNEBWORTH 79 shows. I may have been lucky and fortunate to have seen 2 shows during the 1977 Tour, however, all of you were so lucky and fortunate to have seen the KNEBWORTH 1979 shows. A few toasts to all of the attendees, including yourself, are in order at one of my favorite bars tonight. In the mean time, celebrate today the fullest and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Pilot of the Storm?" I hope all is well with you. Thanks for dropping in on the forum on this magical day and anniversary, I promise to toast a few drinks to you as well as BIGDAN and all of the attendees that attended the KNEBWORTH 79 shows. I may have been lucky and fortunate to have seen 2 shows during the 1977 Tour, however, all of you were so lucky and fortunate to have seen the KNEBWORTH 1979 shows. A few toasts to all of the attendees, including yourself, are in order at one of my favorite bars tonight. In the mean time, celebrate today the fullest and ROCK ON!

'Pilot of the Storm' is good my friend

I don't get on here as often as I would like... I must be a bit Snobish I guess... but I could not let the 30th aniv. go by without posting something

Cheers

:drunk:

'Pilot of the Storm' is good my friend

I don't get on here as often as I would like... I must be a bit Snobish I guess... but I could not let the 30th aniv. go by without posting something

Cheers

:drunk:

How's it going again "Pilot of the Storm?" You snobish, NAH!!!!!! I would have never guessed or thought that! Ha Ha! Party hardy my friend and ROCK ON!

Please think about this Steve, when Robert Plant was crying and shedding tears on stage after the first show (4 August 1979) ended and all four were standing together in the middle of the stage, all thanking the crowd, what do you think that Robert was thinking? A HUGE MIRACLE INDEED! Thanks for your comment Steve and ROCK ON my friend!

Well, since you asked I think first and foremost Robert must have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from everyone there. Secondly, I think he was relieved to find

despite all the pain he had endured since '75 there was still pride and joy to be found in performing this music.

Pilot

:wave: Always good to see you my pedaloing partner :beer:

Well, since you asked I think first and foremost Robert must have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from everyone there. Secondly, I think he was relieved to find

despite all the pain he had endured since '75 there was still pride and joy to be found in performing this music.

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. Very well said Steve! Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON my friend!

Archived