yIKEs!

pickenpieces

Ha, wow. Indeed, Ike could end up headed that way, and no one should be fooled by the decrease in strength the storm had experienced during the past couple of days, as Ike has reenergized to 135 mph maximum windspeed. Cuba looks to take more of a whack from this one than Gustav; that interaction and the warm Gulf waters that follow will be pivotal. The coast needs to keep its guard up and eyes open.

Yeah, Ike looks like one to keep an eye on (so to speak). That one got my attention when it got our meteorologist's attention ... going from a tropical storm to a Category 4 in a period of 12 hours. That's a pretty fast escalation... even if it's dropped down from that.

BTW, clever and amusing thread title... B)

Hanna was just a tease after the Gustav scare, but now IKE is hounding Tina! I hope shes not in New Orleans next week.

The potential track puts Ike squarely aimed towards the Big Easy. If Tina is anywhere around, you better send her packing! :o

:huh: who's Tina?

:blink::blink:

Tina Turner. You dont know the story of her and Ike? He beat the fuck out of her while they were married. She had enough and left him.

She packed quite the wallop herself and surely retaliated on many occasions.

Maybe they should have just remained engaged, not enraged! :lol:

It was a stormy relationship for certain. :rolleyes:

No one but His Hairdresser knows for sure where He is going.If the high pressure area moves are weakens He could make a quick northern turn. I do have plenty of fuel this time.Thanks Ike I should be at work but You are making Me stay home with pay.

No wonder gas is SO EXPENSIVE! :lol:

Ike may go knocking on his hairdressers backdoor if he cant find Tina. Gotta get it somehow. B)

No wonder gas is SO EXPENSIVE! :lol:

Ike may go knocking on his hairdressers backdoor if he cant find Tina. Gotta get it somehow. B)

Boss called Me five minutes ago said it looks like its back out there on Sunday our Heliport got beat up so We have to fly out of Galiano La instead of Leeville La.He plans to call back to firm up details.

They are all hangin out in Covington waiting on the Weather to clear.

Looks like a Houston landing for IKE. And the Ring of Fire train of rain from southwest Texas up through Okie, Kansas, Missouri, into Illinois and Indiana might make a path for IKE as well. You folks in this band could see DAYS of rain and wind. Batten down the hatches!!!!

usa_None_anim.gif

HurTrack1.gif

See the storm formations as they are now from Texas clockwise? And check the projected path of the hurricane! It just about matches exactly. I hope no one has just cut their fields of hay. :(

Hey everyone out there, I live in Houston and here is an update on Ike for anyone who is interested. Well let me start by saying that ever since hurricane Alicia, 25 years ago, I have always gotten prepared whenever we have a chance of a hurricane coming our way. But I must say I did not expect Ike to be as devistating as it was. It was the scarriest thing I have ever been through. The strong howling winds and relentless rain started late friday night, and did'nt let up untill mid Saturday morning. Electric, gas and telephone all went out, and water had to be tested . After all was said and done I realized I was really blessed and suffered only minor damage compared to those poor souls who live on Galveston Island which is about 30 miles away from me. All my power was restored yesterday, and things are starting to get back to normal. But for many people it will take much longer. So many people have to wait on long lines for food, ice, water and gas. And I wish them Gods speed in their recovery.