Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

No you are wrong. .It is happening very often and there are arcticles about it in local papers. Many are complaining. They dont want us over there. Now I need a passport to get in also. You Canadiens try to keep us from coming over there but cant buy enough property in Florida. Its bullshit.

It's reactionary to US policy of forcing Canadians to get a passport. We were opposed to the requirement of passports for Canadians to enter the US but it was done anyways. So, we returned the favour. Doesn't seem like bullshit to me.

Why dont you talk some sense into alinds above. You at least realize there is a problem. And the american customs agent I talked to said they are being a bunch of pricks. I used to like to go to Toronto. My wife never wants to see Canada again. she is so disgusted that they treated us like criminals at the border. You can keep your damn Canadien products. Used to go there for the beer. and the clothing sales in Toronto. Not the same anymore anyway. Liked Easton center, but no worth the hassle putting up with those snobs at the border. Ill stay here and drink Blue Moon.

Once again, it works both way's so please don't let a couple of asswipe border guards keep you down. They do NOT reflect the country as a whole; they are just a couple of grumpy beauracratic minions doing injustice to our country. They get their marching orders from people who have not a clue what is happening in the real world.

Governments all over try to keep people separate and isolated, don't let it happen.

Canadians welcome you anytime.

Its not just a couple. I always cross at the 1000 Islands Bridge. I have relatives that are Canadien. I cant go there anymore because they tie me up for hrs at the border. Im not ruining another summer vacation by sitting in there barracks and being threatened to be taken to jail when Ive doen nothing. I even showed them my pistol permit. I said, do you think they just hand these out to anyone? You have to have a clean record to get one. They made my life a living hell the last two times I tried to get through. Ill drink Blue Moon.

Pistol permit???? You might as well have carried a kilo of coke, you would have had better success.

Canada, and to be more specific, Toronto, has seen a skyrocketing handgun crime problem and they are really trying to crack down on illegal smuggling of firearms. Whether it's misguided or not, you will not get into this country right now if you utter the words "gun". 98% of all illegal firearms used in crimes come from the States so naturally they think that all law abiding people want to ship guns into Canada.

Anyway, going to be in Rochester this summer...maybe i'll buy you a beer.

Cheers.

It's reactionary to US policy of forcing Canadians to get a passport. We were opposed to the requirement of passports for Canadians to enter the US but it was done anyways. So, we returned the favour. Doesn't seem like bullshit to me.

On a somewhat related note- The real Bullshit is requiring US citizens to have passports to reenter the US after day trips to Mexico, while no such restrictions are placed on Mexican tourists entering the US.

What does that mean? It is not over by any means. We are in Carolina tonight. We may catch Ottawa the way they are playing. Nothing is settled.

Didn't say that it was over. Just that a true hockey fan knows that Buffalo doesn't have a chance in hell in making the playoffs this year or next if they can't keep thier talent under contract!!! :bagoverhead: Don't need to get your undies in a bunch, it's just a sport. :duel:

Hi:

Well...everyone must be safe and sound..as the saying goes..."no news is good news"...

Juliet

I sure hope so Juliet. You guy's have had a real harsh one this year, hope Spring comes soon and makes up for such a terrible Winter

QUEBEC CITY, Quebec (Reuters) - Although Canada is one of the snowiest countries in the world, a series of violent "snow rage" incidents reveal that even the locals have their limits.

Police in the French-speaking province of Quebec said on Wednesday that people were fighting over snow clearing and even parking spaces.

Recent Canadian winters have been mild but this one looks set to break all-time records for snow. One storm last weekend dumped 23 inches on the capital Ottawa and 19 inches on Quebec City, which has already received 210 inches this year.

Quebec City police said they had been called to a dozen violent disputes about snow from one property ending up on someone else's. The drifts outside some houses are 12 feet and higher.

Last Sunday, a man in an upscale Quebec City neighborhood became so upset a woman from a snow removal service was putting snow on his yard that he shouted at her and then took a shovel and hit the window of the vehicle she was driving.

"The woman apologized and returned to work ... a bit later the man opened his garage door and emerged with a shotgun, pointed it at the ground and looked at her in a threatening way," said police spokeswoman Catherine Viel.

Police arrested the man, who will be charged with negligent use of a firearm, and seized a total of 13 weapons from his home. Viel said snow-related fights were unusually common.

"It's happened particularly often this year ... you have to be used to snow if you live in Quebec but it's been a bit extreme this year. People are fed up," she said.

In Montreal, police said a man had produced a toy gun during a heated dispute Sunday between two drivers over a rare parking space. He may face weapons charges.

There may be more trouble to come, since Environment Canada says there is no sign winter is about to end. Snow fell again on Quebec City and Ottawa Wednesday.

Montreal is also having problems disposing of the snow. One massive mound is around 80-feet high and officials told reporters that unless steps were taken to dismantle the pile, much of it would still be there when next winter started.

Dont have a chance in hell of making the playoffs? Id say that about the Leafs. Cant remember if you are a leaf or a Flyer, but it matters not. Buffalo is far better than either and you know it dude.

Can always can't on you for a good laugh :hysterical: :hysterical:Zeppelin :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

MONTREAL - Several dozen schools were expected to remain shut this week in the Canadian province of Quebec over fears their roofs may collapse under the weight of near record amounts of snow, officials said on Monday.

Administrators at Montreal's French-language school board said only 73 of the roughly 200 schools shut since Friday will reopen on Tuesday.

Some of the others may not open until after the four-day Easter weekend, which begins Friday.

"The objective, of course, is to open the maximum of schools but at the same time to proceed carefully because we want there to be zero risk," school board president Diane de Courcy told reporters.

All told, 90,000 students have been out of school in the Montreal area since Friday.

Primary and secondary schools and adult education centres will reopen only once their roofs have been cleared of snow and the buildings have been inspected for structural safety, de Courcy said.

Four people have been killed in the mainly French-speaking Canadian province of 7.6 million after roofs collapsed under the weight of accumulated snow, though none of the incidents involved schools.

In Shawinigan, about 150 kilometres northeast of Montreal, a 55-year-old man died on Saturday when the roof of his home collapsed.

Three women were killed in Morin Heights north of Montreal last Wednesday when part of a food warehouse roof caved in under the weight of snow.

To date, some 350 centimetres of snow has fallen in the Montreal area, approaching a record level of 383 centimetres set in 1971.

Despite periods of rain over the past few weeks, some school roofs have three meters of accumulated snow, school board officials said. About 300 workers were using shovels, scoops and even chainsaws to cut through the snow and ice.

There has been even more snowfall in Quebec's outlying areas. The Mont Orford ski hill about 120 kilometres to the east of Montreal has had 527 centimetres of snowfall since the beginning of the season.

Those seeking updates on the Montreal school closures can visit the school board's Web site at: www.csdm.qc.ca

BYELECTIONS

LIBERALS 3

CONSERVATIVES 1

Juliet

PS The comments seem to indicate that the Green Party may have affected the Liberals losing the Churchill riding in Saskatchewan...

PSS I wonder if The Green Party members really do all the conservation etc etc that they say they stand for...or do they drive through the drive-thru on their way to the airport to go to the sunny south?