Save the Tatas!

Audra

I'm posting this in September for a purpose: while i'm aware (as i hope all you other gals are) that October is Breast Health Care month, we should take care of our girls all throughout the year...

Post insights, information for those of us who may not be uninformed, stories, whatever you want...just remember:

savetatas.png

and you can use this for your sig, if you want to:

Ribbon_small.GIF

here are some web sites you might like to check out...

http://www.komen.org/

http://www.breastcancer.org/

Nice post Audra. My aunt died from breast cancer so I'm extra dilligent but I know way too many women who do not get yearly mammograms.

i mean, i know that there are other causes just as important as breast cancer, but ever since i was a kid i've been terrified of it...i look up to the survivors in awe, at what they had to go through and the strength they had to have to do it...

when i was a kid, my dad was like "you know how to check yourself, right, what to look for? Mama's (his grandmother) sister had it and it ate right through her back"

that image, of something eatting through my back scared me so bad that the image stayed...and i'm glad it did!

I am all for breast cancer awareness,

but it's not just a women's issue for men can get breast cancer too.

More men die every year from prostate cancer than women do of breast cancer yet no one does anything about it...

Anywho, enough of my bitching. I support the pink ribbons every chance I can. I was going to do the walk thing when it came to my high school but I had some things that came up and I couldn't attend...

Save the TaTas!!! :D

We lost a young family member to breast cancer a few years ago; she was diagnosed in her late 20s :( I am now at the age where I go annually. Last month I participated in a race that raises money and awareness for the local breast care center. It was such an amazing experience that I'm already looking forward to racing and volunteering as a helper next year.

For those of you that buy or collect stamps, the US Postal Service has a Breast Cancer

Awareness issue which I buy during October. I believe there .55 cents for first class and the additional postage goes to help fund research. :)

98_bcancer_f.jpg

More men die every year from prostate cancer than women do of breast cancer yet no one does anything about it...

Anywho, enough of my bitching. I support the pink ribbons every chance I can. I was going to do the walk thing when it came to my high school but I had some things that came up and I couldn't attend...

Save the TaTas!!! :D

sorry for the double post.

The person looking back at you in the mirror is the one responsible.

I was diagnosed with stage 1 colon cancer when I was 46 they say to start getting tested at 50. If I had waited I would be dead right now. If you notice anything going that isn't normal don't wait get checked out. I may have saved my own life. :D

sorry for the double post.

The person looking back at you in the mirror is the one responsible.

I was diagnosed with stage 1 colon cancer when I was 46 they say to start getting tested at 50. If I had waited I would be dead right now. If you notice anything going that isn't normal don't wait get checked out. I may have saved my own life. :D

I definitely don't want to turn this board into an argument, I just want to succintly state that you can say that same thing about any cancer.

Anyways, I'm glad you solved your tribulation

Archived