What Can You Play?

ledzep45

No, but I was thinking about getting a camera for christmas so that would obviously allow me to add a video to YT. I also failed to mention I play guitar.

Why do you ask?

You seem to know a lot a Zepp songs (which are pretty difficult, some of them) and I was just curious to see/listen to you playing them.

Ones I have played in bands or at home etc over the years are...Good Times bad Times, Communication Breakdown, Immigrant Song, Bron Y Aur, Black Dog, Rock'n'Roll, Heartbreaker, Living Loving maid, Ramble On, Stairway (of course), Over the Hills and far Away, Custard Pie, Achilles last Stand, Fool in the rain.

Not much of a guitar player...but I can play That's the Way, Tangerine, Over the Hills, Heartbreaker, Moby Dick, Bring It On Home, Black Dog, Black Country Woman, Gallow's Pole, Out on the Tiles, The Ocean, Dancing Days, Houses of the Holy, Ten Years Gone from start to finish..minus solos.

Used to know nearly all of them when I played bass.

Can play Battle of Evermore on my mandolin.

Working on White Summer and the Rain Song for shits and giggles.

Can play any Zeppelin song flawlessly on the kit. Bring It! :P

Honestly I don't think I know any Zep songs at this time, haven't played any in a long time anyway. I could probably hack through something simple like Bring It On Home or Living Loving Maid and it'd be pretty dang close. The last time I actually sat down with the intent of learning or playing Zep stuff I work out Celebration Day (Live) but that was a few years ago. I don't play much rock stuff, pretty much everything I do is surf or blues.

• 1 month later...
Not much of a guitar player...but I can play That's the Way, Tangerine, Over the Hills, Heartbreaker, Moby Dick, Bring It On Home, Black Dog, Black Country Woman, Gallow's Pole, Out on the Tiles, The Ocean, Dancing Days, Houses of the Holy, Ten Years Gone from start to finish..minus solos.

Used to know nearly all of them when I played bass.

Can play Battle of Evermore on my mandolin.

Working on White Summer and the Rain Song for shits and giggles.

Can play any Zeppelin song flawlessly on the kit. Bring It! :P

:P:lol:

I play mostly by ear and for fun. An original 59 Dano that I play lefty. It was my Dad's- we both played it that way. I love the tone. I have a nice Takamine, too. I can play a few Zep tunes but my favs are The Rain Song, SIBLY Kashmir and Going to California. They're pretty damn close.

Stairway to Heaven and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You on guitar. Desperately want to learn Going to California and That's the Way.

Hey, Ninelives! This is too THE ONE I set as my first Zep song I want to learn to play after I see some results on my acoustic guitar lessons. Go figure if I will ever be able... :rolleyes:

I can play a lot of their stuff. I'm playing "Whole Lotta Love" often. I've played it today. I play "Communication Breakdown", "Black Dog", "Rock And Roll", "Heartbreaker", "Immigrant Song" and few more often. I play "Stairway To Heaven" and longer songs when I'm really in a good mood for it.

Archived