The Dawg Can't Sleep....

Ronniedawg

haha yeah man id stay away from the meds because then you wil be dependent on them to go to sleep after a while.... it sais right on the bottle and tha my friend is an expensive habbit lmfao... imagine running into the local drug store with the itch for Advil ! lmfao

Here's what I do....I imagine myself waking up, packing a suitcase, driving to the airport, parking the car, shuttle to the terminal, waiting on the check-in line, going through security, waiting to board the plane, waiting to leave the gate, waiting for take off.....yawn...

Hi 'Ronniedawg'

I cant quite believe all these people are telling you to take pills/drugs, its absurd, as there is a really good remedy out there that has no side effects.

Put five drops of "Oil of Marjoram" on a tissue and place it between your pillow case and your pillow so you can inhale the vapour while you relax. I have had the most uninterupted sleep ever with this method. During the nineties i studied Aromatherapy and found that these essential oils have very unique properties and if used correctly can enhance your well being.

Also i have found out that taking a long hot bath before going to bed will help you relax and so aid restfull sleep. You may also find that taking some exercise will drain you of pent up energy, and it is this that stops you from sleeping.

If you cant sleep there is always a good reason for this, it is better to tire the body out than the mind as its the body that needs the sleep time to recuperate wheras the mind can go on for much longer in a tired state.

I hope this helps, let me know one way or the other, Regards, Danny

Oil of Marjoram eh? Thanks! I'll have to try that. I've always used Lavander. Other things I've found useful and some already mentioned.

A warm bath.

Very soft ambient music while doing some wind down yoga stretches in your bed to release tension.

Total darkness.

A noise machine, I like ocean waves and thunderstorms best.

Consciously release all of your muscles, you might be surprised how much you are tensing your shoulders and neck without realizing it.

And, my secret weapons - Zzzz Yoga CD or Relaxmore CD by Jillian Pransky. I never make it through either of those CDs before I'm out.

Good luck!

Tried listening to music with headphones...can usually fall alseep with them cranked, tried watching chick flicks on the womens channel, hot shower and nothing.

Any suggestions?

If chick flicks can't put you to sleep, then you're in trouble.

Tea, lots of tea.

Lie down, belly side down, thinking happy thoughts...

arms wrapped around your pillow so you don't fidget.

Eventually those happy thoughts will start to drift and you'll fall into a blissful sleep

Oil of Marjoram eh? Thanks! I'll have to try that. I've always used Lavander. Other things I've found useful and some already mentioned.

A warm bath.

Very soft ambient music while doing some wind down yoga stretches in your bed to release tension.

Total darkness.

Hi 'Medhb'

Let me know how you get on with the Marjoram, i get really deep, long sleeps with it, very relaxing. If you know anything about Aromatherapy, (Top, Middle, Bottom, notes) you will find Bottom Notes are relaxing whereas Top Notes are stimulating.

Try this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatherapy

Lavender is the only oil you can use directly on the skin and you can treat burns directly with it, it will kill the pain very quickly and helps in healing. Never take the oils orally, unless you dilute them quit a lot, i use ! drop of each, Eucalyptus and Peppermint in warm milk for any head congestion and it always works. If you need any help or advice PM me and if i can be of any assistance i will only be to willing to give it.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'Medhb'

Let me know how you get on with the Marjoram, i get really deep, long sleeps with it, very relaxing. If you know anything about Aromatherapy, (Top, Middle, Bottom, notes) you will find Bottom Notes are relaxing whereas Top Notes are stimulating.

Try this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatherapy

Lavender is the only oil you can use directly on the skin and you can treat burns directly with it, it will kill the pain very quickly and helps in healing. Never take the oils orally, unless you dilute them quit a lot, i use ! drop of each, Eucalyptus and Peppermint in warm milk for any head congestion and it always works. If you need any help or advice PM me and if i can be of any assistance i will only be to willing to give it.

Regards, Danny

Many thanks Danny! I've actually read quite a bit about aromatherapy too. I love to make my own bath salts and massage oils and actually came up with a wonderful recipe for an all natural suntan oil that rocks! I wrote down the ingredients somewhere, LOL! It's a fab skin softener!

I just don't remember reading about Marjoram oil! I'll have to hunt some down. Do you have a fave retailer on line? It's tricky finding quality oils at reasonable prices. PM me if you have any good sources, I appreciate your helpfulness!

That reminds me...chammomile tea for sleeping too!

Archived