Open letter to Robert

ally

I absolutely agree with what you just said. It was very heartfelt. I am devastated that he wont do this either. I have always been a die hard Zep fan, and took my kids to see Page/Plant both times they were here in Chicago. My oldest daughter is also a die hard fan. I understand his wish to go on and do other things also, but no matter what he does or who he sings with, he will ALWAYS be the VOICE of Led Zeppelin. Thank you for your post, I just wanted to add my profound grief as well.

Love and Light,

Zoso1517

Well, judging by some of the reaction, I probably should have written the letter a little differently as I don't think it came across quite like I wanted it too but thanks for your kind words :)

There was a magazine interview posted on here a while back where Alison referred to the whole "Yoko" thing. She's aware and is not bothered by it.

Alison shouldn't be bothered as she is a multi talented artist in her own right. However, I think that the comparisons are far too mean spirited and certainly not deserved.

Alison shouldn't be bothered as she is a multi talented artist in her own right. However, I think that the comparisons are far too mean spirited and certainly not deserved.

Oh have to agree, there absolutely no comparison as far as I am concerned.

And wasn't it McCartney who really ended the Beatles?

Oh have to agree, there absolutely no comparison as far as I am concerned.

And wasn't it McCartney who really ended the Beatles?

Personally I think it was drugs + massive egos colliding that did the band in. They were already on the way out by the time they did the White Album....I think internal band problems just hastened their demise, which sucks. They did some great music, imagine what they could have done if they lasted further into the 70s.

I've been a fan of Alison Krauss for years. I have all her albums with Union Station.....she's a fellow Illinoisan like myself, so I like to support local talent. The idea that a bunch of dumbass LZ fans would rain insults down on her because she dares to work with Robert Plant is just asinine.

i agree that's pretty crappy!

i don't like her type of music,but i respect her talents.

Personally I think it was drugs + massive egos colliding that did the band in. They were already on the way out by the time they did the White Album....I think internal band problems just hastened their demise, which sucks. They did some great music, imagine what they could have done if they lasted further into the 70s.

he just put the group out of its misery.the group as a functioning until was dead long before that.

Except maybe for the Give Peace A Chance part.

As for Yoko Ono...

Artistically misunderstood, derisively known as the most famous widow in the world and vilified as the catalyst for the breakup of the most famous music group of all time, Yoko Ono in actuality is an uncompromising artistic visionary who was already an avant-garde superstar before she met John Lennon.

http://www.yoko-ono.com/bio.htm

Yes there are whackos in every crowd, but I must say the first night in Louisville I met some of the most amazing LZ fans that knew nothing about Alison and were extremely polite and well mannered. My date and I were concerned about Alison because she was so visibly nervous, but the crowd was nothing but kind that evening. We ended up going back to the hotel bar and having drinks with some if the nicest LZ fans on the planet, that I still keep in contact with, and a few of them are members of this board. And because LZ was primarily my "brother's band", I knew most of the songs but I did not know that much about the history of the music , and they were able to fill in the gaps for me. I think Alison did a good job of shrugging off the inappropriate stuff. She is tougher than she looks. :D
As a Kentucky man, I must say I am proud.

Thank Sharon Osbourne's late father Don Arden for "convincing" Jimmy not to use Steve.

I don't know if this is true or a 40 year after the fact memory of being with the Faces and the Stones, but Ron Wood wrote in his official bio that he was approached to join Led Zep... which makes no sense because he's a lead guitarist, but he mentioned in his book Peter Grant asking him to join the early version of LZ. Maybe Page considered having a second guitarist for a minute?

Now isn't it true that Jimmy also tried to get Steve Marriott as well when he was forming The New Yardbirds back in '68?

Paul came across like a dictator, telling Ringo how to play the drums (who was also busy working with Sellers, Brando and other great actors on some really bad movies), telling George how to play guitar (and had just left hanging with Dylan and the Band in Woodstock, and was becoming fast frineds with Delaney, Bonnie and EC), John was pretty out of it when all of this was going on and wasn't really working all that hard creating much for a band that was considered his band. When Paul went against the rest of the band as far as managers went, that was a big reason why it ended. Keep in mind George and Ringo stuck with John for the next couple of years, and then John and George fell out over John bailing out at the Bangladesh benefit. They still loved each other, they just grew apart once they found they could make music without having to present their songs and face scrutiny. Considering the amount of songs they wrote in a short period of time - it's no wonder they called it a day.

Maybe Page considered having a second guitarist for a minute?

When putting together the New Yardbirds - may be not so much "considered" as "was willing to accept" because the 2nd guitarist situation often sort of came with the territory. Like when he was window-shopping for a vocalist and had his eyes first on Stevesmall.gif and later on Terry-2.jpg Both being guitarists as well as singers, it was part of the bundle deal and apparently he was OK with it at least in theory. :blink:

Maybe I'm Amazed and Imagine mixed with Venus And Mars and I'm Losing You.

Archived