Open letter to Robert

ally

Been going over a number of things and can't get past the fact that Robert Plant will not be part of this project. I've been a fan since I was 12yrs old and have had the privedge of seeing Zep live on many an occations. Everyone on this forum has stated their opinions about this and that but I have to say, I want Robert to be part of this project. This is not about a debt or expectation, I will admit to being selfish. My children have seen you and Jimmy live and I now want my grandchildren to have the same experience. Led Zeppelin is as vital today as it ever was. The people who were not fans in the 70's are the same people you are trying to accomidate now. Screw them. That was the bands attitude then, it should be the bands attitude now and you should be a part of that. I accept that life leads us all in different directions and hands us many a challenge along the way... this is home IMHO

Been going over a number of things and can't get past the fact that Robert Plant will not be part of this project. I've been a fan since I was 12yrs old and have had the privedge of seeing Zep live on many an occations. Everyone on this forum has stated their opinions about this and that but I have to say, I want Robert to be part of this project. This is not about a debt or expectation, I will admit to being selfish. My children have seen you and Jimmy live and I now want my grandchildren to have the same experience. Led Zeppelin is as vital today as it ever was. The people who were not fans in the 70's are the same people you are trying to accomidate now. Screw them. That was the bands attitude then, it should be the bands attitude now and you should be a part of that. I accept that life leads us all in different directions and hands us many a challenge along the way... this is home IMHO

Don't be scared to sign on folks. Everybody's rep will stay intact. This is only a wish list B)

:slapface:

:huh:

How do you work that one out?

Robert Plant should do what he wants.

Yes he should and he shouldn't be villified or trashed because of his decision. Better he say no if it's not in his heart than do it begrudgingly. No one's stopping or has ever stopped the others from carrying on - they should do something together as I'm sure it will be fantastic, especially the idea of some new material.

Maybe I can quote Roy Harper here. He has been an old friend of them and had also attended Robert's 60 birthday

But after so many years, after so much life experience, people do become separated, you know?”

BBC TV reported this morning that the tour would go ahead next year and he was sure that the new singer to play with Jimmy, John and Jason was, Myles Kennedy from Alterbridge.

Heres a clip of Alterbridge doing a cover of 'Kashmir'. A bit more 'Guns & Roses than 'Zep'

BBC TV reported this morning that the tour would go ahead next year and he was sure that the new singer to play with Jimmy, John and Jason was, Myles Kennedy from Alterbridge.

Heres a clip of Alterbridge doing a cover of 'Kashmir'. A bit more 'Guns & Roses than 'Zep'

Not impressed.

it sounds like sh*t!!! I hope they won't choose him as the lead singer because he totally ruined the song :thumbdown:

Yes he should and he shouldn't be villified or trashed because of his decision. Better he say no if it's not in his heart than do it begrudgingly. No one's stopping or has ever stopped the others from carrying on - they should do something together as I'm sure it will be fantastic, especially the idea of some new material.

He's a big boy and it's only a wish. Let's not confuse that with trashing him

That's a passionate letter and speaks from the heart, seriously. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us.

NO no NO no NO no..... :slapface:

The band died in 1980 when john bonham died. It has never been the same and never will be the same, even with jason filling in on drums.....robert knows this, and i take my hat off to him for doing what he wants. I think he has done great as a solo artist and his work with allison was amazing....let him continue to do what is in his heart.

Now on to better things.... i am going to spin a cd of the REAL led zeppelin....the new found chicago jan 22nd/75 show!! which by the way is pretty good all things considered for that early part of the tour.

cheers

If you really accept that life leads people in different directions as you've said then follow your thought and accept his life has lead him somewhere else. It is what it is.

If you really accept that life leads people in different directions as you've said then follow your thought and accept his life has lead him somewhere else. It is what it is.

One can alway's hope ! That's what this letter is about...nothing more

How's it going all? Like all of you, I would love to see all three original LED ZEPPELIN members together with Jason Bonham and with Jason Bonham ONLY! Many of you are right, LED ZEPPELIN can NEVER be LED ZEPPELIN again without John Henry Bonham. However, Jason Bonham is the CLOSEST and ONLY way that LED ZEPPELIN CAN EVER BE LED ZEPPELIN again! JASON BONHAM IS JOHN BONHAM'S BLOOD! Keep it in the family, I hope that this is what the band is trying to do. I cannot see LED ZEPPELIN going on tour with anyone else other than Robert Plant. Even if Robert doesn't do this reunion tour, LED ZEPPELIN cannot be LED ZEPPELIN with another singer singing "Stairway To Heaven" or 'Whole Lotta Love." Its either all three original members with Jason Bonham or its NO LED ZEPPELIN AT ALL! Forgive me all but thats how I truly feel. ROCK ON!

:huh:

How do you work that one out?

IMHO Knebby, I think he has been looking for critical acclaim for sometime now. I think he has it with AK and he want's to keep it there.

It's a nice wish.

Of course, Robert has decided to go in other directions. I'm not too thrilled with that direction myself, but he is doing what he wants and lending his voice to a whole different genre. And making new fans. Can't damn him for that.

In the meantime, I'm curious to see what the other three have in store for all of us. ;)

IMHO Knebby, I think he has been looking for critical acclaim for sometime now. I think he has it with AK and he want's to keep it there.

I disagree with that - but lets say you're right - does critical acclaim only come from people who weren't Zeppelin fans in the 70s? Is that an exclusive club that critics join?

Archived