Open letter to Robert

ally

Plant and Reid (who I will always think of as a mod)--

plantreid.jpg

LOL his mod period was in 1964-66 with gradual transition somewhere in 1966-67 into a more or less convincing hippie.

One of the "moddiest" pics of TR I've seen is him holding onto the same bottle with Steve Marriott, it's rather funny although I really can't stand his "mod" look (it's that annoying)

SteveTerryKenny.jpg

P.S. I just noticed there's a bottle in the pic you posted as well, except in Robert's hand! :D:beer:

:rolleyes:

Her name is Alison Krauss. Yoko Ono and her aren't related at all and ALISON has nothing to do with Robert's decision.

I feel like a broken record :blink:

If you haven't noticed, I have given up. When people make this comment to Alison she just rolls her eyes and says "Whatever".

Whatever. :rolleyes:

If you haven't noticed, I have given up. When people make this comment to Alison she just rolls her eyes and says "Whatever".

Whatever. :rolleyes:

People actually say that to her face :o:angry: Good grief.

Well I need to adapt her whatever attitude and stop getting myself aggravated :lol:

Starting now... :rolleyes:

People actually say that to her face :o:angry: Good grief.

Well I need to adapt her whatever attitude and stop getting myself aggravated :lol:

Starting now... :rolleyes:

You would be amazed at some of the stuff that has been said to her, by LZ fans and "journalists" and some of the things screamed at her during shows. She is acutely aware of the Yoko references.

Whatever :rolleyes:

You would be amazed at some of the stuff that has been said to her, by LZ fans and "journalists" and some of the things screamed at her during shows. She is acutely aware of the Yoko references.

That's terrible,but I believe it....Some people are really rude,aren't they?

Since seeing them live,I've gained the utmost respect for Alison.She's a great performer and needs no "introduction". I'm sure she's as tough as they come and Robert is the man for hanging in there.I have nothing but respect for both of them.I hope they do another album soon!

That is terrible! I don't expect everyone to like her and Robert's collaboration, but that is just ridiculous! I read at one of the shows someone yelled for her to get off stage!! How rude, but like you have said, she just says "whatever" so I need to adopt that mentality too whenever I hear the Yoko references! As we all know, Alison can certainly hold her own!!

I'm sure Alison wouldn't have been as successful over the years if she let mindless "criticism" get to her. :yesnod:

LOL his mod period was in 1964-66 with gradual transition somewhere in 1966-67 into a more or less convincing hippie.

Yes--that was when I became aware of him, and I've never been able to think of him any other way since! :lol: Of course, Plant was a mod then, too, but I've seen him a few more times since then. :D

Concert-goers can be just plain snotty sometimes I guess. It's usually best to ignore them when they are like that, smile and enjoy your evening.

If I learned anything from standing in line for hours in the hot sun to get tickets for Led Zeppelin, it is that you cannot force people to be considerate. You simply pay attention to those who are and let the others go their way.

Yes--that was when I became aware of him, and I've never been able to think of him any other way since! :lol: Of course, Plant was a mod then, too, but I've seen him a few more times since then. :D

Robert "mod" :lol: ! Funny that you mentioned that, they had very similar milestones in development (they're almost the same age, too) including how their vocals evolved. This has been already brought up, though unfortunately in some unpleasant context (

where TR sounds like RP) - I really cannot stand the "Terry vs Robert" discussions; it should be only Terry + Robert - they've always been friends; some fans might do well to remember that.

Both had the hippie period after the mod one - I think Robert is still there, which is great.

Both boys looked their best at that time, don't you think?

PercyOMscan01-1.jpg

SilverWhiteLight1970small-2.jpg

Robert "mod" :lol: ! Funny that you mentioned that, they had very similar milestones in development (they're almost the same age, too) including how their vocals evolved. This has been already brought up, though unfortunately in some unpleasant context (
where TR sounds like RP) - I really cannot stand the "Terry vs Robert" discussions; it should be only Terry + Robert - they've always been friends; some fans might do well to remember that.

Both had the hippie period after the mod one - I think Robert is still there, which is great.

Both boys looked their best at that time, don't you think? PercyOMscan01-1.jpg

SilverWhiteLight1970small-2.jpg

Terry certainly did! Robert, I'd be hard-pressed to pick a best period from: around 1975/the Unledded era/the present (really!). But this was certainly a great one. B)

Concert-goers can be just plain snotty sometimes I guess. It's usually best to ignore them when they are like that, smile and enjoy your evening.

If I learned anything from standing in line for hours in the hot sun to get tickets for Led Zeppelin, it is that you cannot force people to be considerate. You simply pay attention to those who are and let the others go their way.

Very true EL. It can be tough sometimes though. Anyone who would go to a concert and make those comments to Alison or any other artist clearly have an inferiority complex. They just want to be seen and heard. Not real fans. IMHO, it seems to be accepted too much these day's. Like myself, you will well remember a time when those kinds of idiots would have been ...dealt with :D

How embarrassing that people would say things to her like that. Why is it that some "fans" cant let it go. The man might not want to do the damn tour or album with the boys. If he doesnt want to do it, how is that her fault? It always ends up with a stupid Yoko joke. I saw Page and Plant in Lexington, Ky in 95....very satisfied. I heard and saw tapes of the O2 show...again, very satisfied. I dont need to bash anyone on this board, but come on. Would I love to see PPJ and B tour?? Of course I would, I would kill to see that. But i will not hurl insults at an innocent bystander like Alison Krauss. This is why people who dont like Zeppelin REALLY dont like Zepp. Some overzealous "fans" make the base look like whackos. Sorry for the long rant.....

How embarrassing that people would say things to her like that. Why is it that some "fans" cant let it go. The man might not want to do the damn tour or album with the boys. If he doesnt want to do it, how is that her fault? It always ends up with a stupid Yoko joke. I saw Page and Plant in Lexington, Ky in 95....very satisfied. I heard and saw tapes of the O2 show...again, very satisfied. I dont need to bash anyone on this board, but come on. Would I love to see PPJ and B tour?? Of course I would, I would kill to see that. But i will not hurl insults at an innocent bystander like Alison Krauss. This is why people who dont like Zeppelin REALLY dont like Zepp. Some overzealous "fans" make the base look like whackos. Sorry for the long rant.....

Sadly that was the case even back in the glorious days when Bonzo was still alive and they were a functioning band. :(

People were jealous of Yoko Ono.

Yoko's artistic merit has been re-evaluated a few times since the "whole lotta Yoko" jam from The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus of 1968. She threw a real monkey wrench into the hippie freak-out scene. Everyone thought they were so far out... till they heard Yoko. Fast forward ten years and she is considered ahead of her time to New York No Wavers and punks. She's a gateway artist to Diamanda Galas for some.

Open letter? Robert Plant isn't reading the forums.

Yoko's artistic merit has been re-evaluated a few times since the "whole lotta Yoko" jam from The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus of 1968. She threw a real monkey wrench into the hippie freak-out scene. Everyone thought they were so far out... till they heard Yoko. Fast forward ten years and she is considered ahead of her time to New York No Wavers and punks. She's a gateway artist to Diamanda Galas for some.

Open letter? Robert Plant isn't reading the forums.

You're forgetting that while this may have been filmed in 1968, it didn't actually come out until 1996--at the time most people hadn't heard Yoko doing anything at all, apart from singing along with John.

As a side note, I was invited to the filming of the show in my capacity as a charter member (no. 79, I believe) of the Stones' fan club, but couldn't go as I had an important exam the next day. Being responsible really sucks. :angry:

Yes there are whackos in every crowd, but I must say the first night in Louisville I met some of the most amazing LZ fans that knew nothing about Alison and were extremely polite and well mannered. My date and I were concerned about Alison because she was so visibly nervous, but the crowd was nothing but kind that evening. We ended up going back to the hotel bar and having drinks with some if the nicest LZ fans on the planet, that I still keep in contact with, and a few of them are members of this board. And because LZ was primarily my "brother's band", I knew most of the songs but I did not know that much about the history of the music , and they were able to fill in the gaps for me. I think Alison did a good job of shrugging off the inappropriate stuff. She is tougher than she looks. :D

Very true EL. It can be tough sometimes though. Anyone who would go to a concert and make those comments to Alison or any other artist clearly have an inferiority complex. They just want to be seen and heard. Not real fans. IMHO, it seems to be accepted too much these day's. Like myself, you will well remember a time when those kinds of idiots would have been ...dealt with :D

Ah, the good old days of crowd control. B)

Woodstock.jpg

As a side note, I was invited to the filming of the show in my capacity as a charter member (no. 79, I believe) of the Stones' fan club, but couldn't go as I had an important exam the next day. Being responsible really sucks. :angry:

OMG.. you missed A Quick One. I did too, but by a greater margin. :) That was The Who's gig all day. :D

But how about that Dirty Mac'? :blink: I just love the look on Eric Clapton's face. He doesn't know what to do. Neither does the violin player "sharing" Yoko's mic.

John rocks on self absorbedly as Yoko recasts Mitch, Keff and Eric as "the establishment".

She makes it look easy.

You're forgetting that while this may have been filmed in 1968, it didn't actually come out until 1996--at the time most people hadn't heard Yoko doing anything at all, apart from singing along with John.
I think there is some kind of box set..Rykodisk maybe.

If you were already listening to Lydia Lunch.. I like that Double Fantasy stuff. Kiss Kiss Kiss is rad. Musicians talk about her.

I've been a fan of Alison Krauss for years. I have all her albums with Union Station.....she's a fellow Illinoisan like myself, so I like to support local talent. The idea that a bunch of dumbass LZ fans would rain insults down on her because she dares to work with Robert Plant is just asinine.

I absolutely agree with what you just said. It was very heartfelt. I am devastated that he wont do this either. I have always been a die hard Zep fan, and took my kids to see Page/Plant both times they were here in Chicago. My oldest daughter is also a die hard fan. I understand his wish to go on and do other things also, but no matter what he does or who he sings with, he will ALWAYS be the VOICE of Led Zeppelin. Thank you for your post, I just wanted to add my profound grief as well.

Love and Light,

Zoso1517

Archived