DO U KNOW HAWK WIND

tsaeb eht

DO U KNOW WHO HAWK WIND ARE NOT AS NICE AS ZEPPELIN BUT THE BAND IS UP THERE I FIRST HERD THERE RECORD SPACE RITUAL IT IS A NICE PEACE NOT MENNY PEOPLE HAVE HERD OF THEM BUT IF U HAVE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ive been looking for the cd space ritual hawkwind but cant find it any place if u know where to find it could u please tell me were to find it any ways let us know what u think of hawk wind

I read some awesome things about them. I have read that they are better than Zep at what they do, and better than Floyd at what they do.

I couldn't disagree more.

They are pretty awesome but no where near as good as Zep or Floyd.

They are pretty awesome but no where near as good as Zep or Floyd.

space ritual is one tuff tuff cd i think it beats pink floyd but dark side of the moon is one of the best cds two a drunk alcoholic drug obsessed bloke had the record and i put up with his crap so i could just listen to it as soon as i herd it i could not leave i think i sat there listening to his crap trying to listen to it he soon passed out on the floor

i think i played space ritial record all night hoping he would have forgot he had it ive brought a couple hawk wind cds but thay dont match up to SPACE RITUAL no band beats zeppelin i cant remember listening to anythink els when i was a very very young boy i think it zep would have been the ferst music ive ever herd so that must say somethink....sorry for my spelling i never went to school who cares u get the picture unless you are as stuped as me.lol

Oh Hawkwind, great band saw them in concert and loved them. Paranoia use to freak me out as a teen when smoking stuff :rolleyes: . Quark Strangeness and Charm is an all time fave album. They played a free gig outside the 1970 Isle of White festival (Hendrix gig).

• 1 month later...

From the official Hawkwind site:

02.01.09 - Happy New year - a very special 40th anniversary gig announced

We have a lot of fun stuff planned this year and hope you will join us in the celebrations!

To mark the occasion of the first show which took place at Notting Hill Gate, London, on August 29th 1969, there will be a special all day “Happening” taking place at Notting Hill Gate’s Porchester Hall on Sat 29th August 2009.

Expect a few surprises with some very special guests joining us for the birthday party!

Watch this space for more anniversary event announcements.

Tickets for the Porchester Hall event are on sale now.

Online sales; www.seetickets.com

Telephone; 0871 230 1101

We have a lot of fun stuff planned this year and hope you will join us in the celebrations!

To mark the occasion of the first show which took place at Notting Hill Gate, London, on August 29th 1969, there will be a special all day “Happening” taking place at Notting Hill Gate’s Porchester Hall on Sat 29th August 2009.

Expect a few surprises with some very special guests joining us for the birthday party!

Telephone; 0871 230 1101

Another Hawkwind fan here! Sounds good, Im guessing one of the special guests will be Lemmy, another could be John Lydon as the Sex Pistols cover Silver Machine now and then.

Telephone; 0871 230 1101

Cheers for that, that could be good :)

Another Hawkwind fan here! Sounds good, Im guessing one of the special guests will be Lemmy, another could be John Lydon as the Sex Pistols cover Silver Machine now and then.

Hi!

Yeah, Lemmy is almost a certainty I'd say.

I've seen Hawkwind more times than I have any other band, they never disappoint. I was at this gig a couple of weeks ago: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y2B1U6HXj2U

Cheers for that, that could be good :)

No worries, mate. It's great value too, £25 for an all day event. Plus booking fees of course. Still, in this day and age, that is a bargain.

I saw them in Cardiff last month - the first time since the Stonhenge Festival in 1984. Bloody great they still are too, Dave Brock is amazing for his age, and the show itself is really entertaining. I wish I'd made more effort before now to see more of them.

I saw them in Cardiff last month - the first time since the Stonhenge Festival in 1984. Bloody great they still are too, Dave Brock is amazing for his age, and the show itself is really entertaining. I wish I'd made more effort before now to see more of them.

Wow, I bet that was an experience!

Yeah, Dave Brock's 67 now, looks just the same as he always did.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out about this recently: The Hawklords (featuring ex members of Hawkwind) are doing a gig at the Roundhouse in Camden, London on Sun 8th March.

Home Grown Events presents a Sunday Implosion at The Roundhouse, a memorial tribute to the late, great creative wiz Mr Barney Bubbles.

Featuring the Hawklords performing The Space Ritual '09 show, this will be an amazing event inspired by Barney's creative art, design, cosmology and the stage presentation of his and Robert Calvert's original Space Ritual 1973 space-rock-opera show, with a hefty nod to his concept for the Hawklords 25 Years On production of 1978.

Hawklords features:

Harvey Bainbridge, keyboards & vocals

Alan Davey, bass & vocals

Martin Griffin, drums

Terry Ollis, drums

Jerry Richards, guitar & vocals

Ade Shaw, bass

Steve Swindells, keys & vocals

Ron Tree, vocals

Nik Turner, sax, flute & vocals

The band's specials guests will include Bridget Wishart and more to be confirmed.

Evocative, other-worldly gyrations by the gorgeous New Bubblettes troupe, choreographed by Angel Flame.

Inspiring, transporting/transmorgrifying/transmorfing lighting by the ever-amazing Liquid Len And The Lensmen.

'Mothership control' by Andy Dunkley (the original FM On The Road).

The event will run from 3.00pm - 11.00 pm and will feature performers and performance all day, including Robert Calvert's play 'The Stars That Play With Laughing Sam's Dice' (for which Barney designed the stage set), performed by the Pentameters Theatre Group.

Mutoid Waste Co's wierd and wonderful sculptures and happenings will be very much in evidence. Support bands and solo performers set to perform include Quintessence, Tracey Curtis, and others to be confirmed.

Space this watch!

Sounds AWSOME I think, 8 hours of entertainment for £30!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hawkwind legend discusses new album and looks back at 40 year long music career.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/music/146359-dave-brock-outlines-hawkwind-new-album-plans/#article-comments

Hawkwind guitarist Dave Brock has spoken to STV news about the band's plans for 2010, that sees them completing the recording of a new album and undertaking an extensive tour that promises to be an ambitious spectacle.

Speaking to STV's John Kilbride at the O2 ABC venue in Glasgow, the underground rock legend, who is the only founding member still in the band, outlined their plans for the forthcoming months.

"What we've got is this idea about 2012 - unfortunately there's now a film called 2012, -and you know what's supposedly going to happen then, supposedly, because it's the end of the Mayan calendar. we had this idea because it is the year of the crystals because the crystal skulls are supposed to give off these weird vibrations and you read all this mythology so we thought that perhaps we should do an album.

"So we started researching and found that there are loads of people doing the same thing, so we called ours The Crystal Entity.

"We read a lot of stuff around it which all fits in so we'll probably do a stage show, we've got a lot of really good ideas for the stage show so it should be interesting.

"We've done maybe about half the album already so after Christmas we'll get it finished off by the end of January...so hopefully!

He explained that the 40th anniversary tour has allowed them the opportunity to try out some of these new ideas.

He said: "We've got a lot of weird imagery and it's like watching a film, we've got a couple of guys working for us doing very good graphics so you can watch it and we are making the same sounds, so you can be watching the film and the storyline and we're playing it. A couple of very good dancers with fantastic costumes, so it's interesting

"We've got a lot of weird ideas and they'll all come together next year."

A number of key Hawkwind albums have recently been re-issued with a great deal of previously unreleased material. Dave explained: "I had a huge amount of tapes, all the two inch master Ampex tapes.

"They sent a car round to pick up all these tapes, but didn't realise how much there was so they had to send a van, there was stacks and stacks, so they took them all away and put them on the machine and found loads of unreleased stuff, so these have been coming out on special issues, so if you buy Quark and the Hawklords there are lots of outtakes."

He also took time to look back on the band's 40 year career which they celebrated this year with special events and a major tour. He joked: "Just another year you know!

"We did Porchester Hall, played two nights there and made it a happening, with a lights show, and it was a very nice experience.

He added: "A lot of the fans actually did a tour of Notting Hill Gate, all the places we used to hang out, the Mountain Grill cafe, the Flamingo, all these little places, the pubs we used to hang out at and it was quite nice to go back."

• 4 months later...

Hawkwind To Receive Major MOJO Award

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2010/05/hawkwind_to_receive_major_mojo.html

Phil Alexander, MOJO Magazine's Editor-in-chief, commented: "As the list of previous winners proves, The MOJO Maverick award is reserved for artists whose impact has been truly genre-shattering. Hawkwind have made music on their own terms for four decades. From psychedelia to punk to stoner rock, from free festival culture and on to the rave and trance scenes, you can hear and feel Hawkwind's influence everywhere. It's almost like they're more than just a band, they're a way of life."

Hawkwind's reputation as the ultimate people's band was evident last night at the MOJO Honours List launch when hundreds of Hawk-fans descended on HMV to hear the band deliver an exclusive performance. With fans travelling from as far afield as Germany, the band extended what should have been a half-hour set, playing for over an hour and showcasing new material from their forthcoming album, Blood Of The Earth.

Sentinel and Wraith were two stand-out, new album tracks that were previewed in a set that also included classic tunes like opener Angel Of Death, It's So Easy and a crowd-pleasing encore of Silver Machine.

• 8 months later...

Ah Calvert a bit of a loose cannon so have read.

Yeah, he wasn't a well man. He had bipolar disorder and was sectioned at one point.

If you watch this video from about 1:20 they talk about what he was like.

Yeah, he wasn't a well man. He had bipolar disorder and was sectioned at one point.

If you watch this video from about 1:20 they talk about what he was like.

Interesting stuff,thanks for link.

Hawkwind gave Lemmy Kilminster and Dave Brock and Stacia to us....that's enuff for me!!!!!!!:):)

Sounds about right to me, although Calvert era HW are pretty ace in my books.

Archived