Listen to the new album Dark Horse from Nickelback

The Pagemeister

Are you joking? You would actually have people listen to this shit? Are you canadian?

You are on a Zeppelin oriented board pushing Nickelback...

Like you pic !! Zakk is a one great guitarist, but thats off topic...Have to agree on Nickleback being well not great.

Like you pic !! Zakk is a one great guitarist, but thats off topic...Have to agree on Nickleback being well not great.

Zakk's guitar playing and writitng has gone to shit nowadays. It all sounds like mush...

He's still the real deal, unlike Nickelback.

I'm astonished anyone listens to these posers.

Zakk's guitar playing and writitng has gone to shit nowadays. It all sounds like mush...

He's still the real deal, unlike Nickelback.

I'm astonished anyone listens to these posers.

Horse calle War is one of my fave riffs, love playing that song on guitar !!

• 5 months later...
Are you joking? You would actually have people listen to this shit? Are you canadian?

You are on a Zeppelin oriented board pushing Nickelback...

There are a lot of "other" bands being "pushed" on this website. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean someone doesn't have the right to talk about them.

If we aren't allowed to discuss other bands on this website, then the moderater has a lot of threads and posts to delete.

If we opened for Nickelback, I would do everything within my being to destroy their tour.

Uh, rather, you'd be thanking your lucky stars they even gave you the time of day and let you open for them. Love um or hate um, that's a fact. Unless of course, you wish to maintain your "musical integrity" and choose to live in anonymous, non-existence in the music world. Grow up.

nickelback is a sad band with a bad name!

they are wannabe's and i wouldnt listen to them if you paid me.

simply awful!!! :angry:

I think their name is kinda cool. It represents where they came from. Mike Kroger used to work at Starbucks where the price for a coffee was either $2.95 or $3.95. Every time someone gave him $3.00 or $4.00 respectively and he gave them change, he would say, "Here's your nickel back".

Is it any worse or better than how Led Zeppelin got their name?

First I heard that sound file someone put online that had two different Nickelback songs coming out of each speaker, each of which sounded identical to the other. Then this story surfaced last year.

Here are some great quotes from the interview referenced above. I just love it when anyone sticks it to the critics in LZ's days who couldn't stand them and now herald them as legends.

On if a bad review has ever made him lose sleep:

"Probably. But if I had lost sleep, do you think I would tell a music critic? I've been bummed out for a day, sure. Like, Wow, this person is taking my band more seriously than I am. If my music is fucking up your life, change the station, dude. At the end of the day, I'm just some guy who sings in a rock-and-roll band. I'm not Hitler."

On music critics:

"If we ever get a positive review in Rolling Stone, that album is in trouble, because those people cannot predict what a large-selling album is. They bashed the f*ck out of Led Zeppelin years ago, and now they call it one of the greatest rock bands of all time. That just makes them look like hypocrites. Who's the most famous music critic who ever lived? They've never made a statue of a critic."

I realize all of life is a "different strokes" thing... But that Zep fans would be into Nickelback supports the theory we are amidst a musical devolution. IMO being a Zep fan means using what you've learned from listening to them to go out and explore music like Memphis Minnie or Link Wray not some band known for being a sound-a-like parody of a band that few people now have respect for (Creed). Unless you were a NB fan first, in that case you are heading the right direction :).

Man I'm disappointed I missed Kreator, but I got to see Enslaved and Opeth instead! (Last night) One of the best things I've ever seen, they were almost Zepplin-esque at times when they were just jamming out on the stage, and I was right up front the whole concert.

Man I'm disappointed I missed Kreator, but I got to see Enslaved and Opeth instead! (Last night) One of the best things I've ever seen, they were almost Zepplin-esque at times when they were just jamming out on the stage, and I was right up front the whole concert.

Seen Opeth a few years ago....I like their light/heavy balance.

Kreator was cool, especially since when I wanted a tour souvenir I found out they sold baby sized t-shirts......so now my almost-2-year-old daughter has the coolest looking shirt in the street.

(And yes, she loves loud music)

I fail to see how an affinity for LZ precludes appreciation for any other band, Nickelback or whoever.

I like a number of Nickelback songs, but I can't particularly describe myself as a fan.

What these responses smack of is the old tendency to be dismissive of bands that aren't the current hotness. Masses of people freaked over Nirvana when they helped break open the Seattle/grunge scene. Years later many of the same people ridiculed people who spoke of Nirvana, because they were "old news" so to speak. How popular they became and how mainstream they were made is no reflection of the initial impact of "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

I still love hearing those songs.

Not every day, of course.

I learned of Nickelback through my interest in anything to do with Roadrunner Records, not because they were popular at the time.

At some point Nickelback was considered hot, but now they're not.

I still like some of their songs.

But that's about it.

^^^

Opeth happen to be signed to Roadrunner, check em' out if you can get past the vocals.

Probably the funniest part of the concert was either when Mike (lead singer/guitarist) started playing Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams (we're in Toronto btw) and got the crowd to sing along, or when he jokingly stated that he was going to start changing his look to be more like Geddy Lee, except from the 80s...

Okay, I've de-railed this thread enough :P

@ imPLANTed:

Go listen to some Kyuss my man, you'll never want to listen to that soft rock shit again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RODXCvLWM&fmt=18

I will definitely check them out when I have more of a chance. This being at work thing really cuts into my surfing Youtube time. Hee Hee! I did view/listen to a little bit of the linked video. The frontman is so totally stoned out of his mind that he is inaudible. He looks like a zombie. However, from what I've heard, they sound pretty kick-ass. Will check them out more.

Nickelback = "soft rock"...not so much! Not going to agree with you there.

imPLANTed = "my man"...again, not so much. I'm a 42-year old woman obsessed with all things LZ and/or Robert Plant.

Archived