VH1 Classic Countdown

Melanie_72

VH1 Classic just aired a countdown of the all time top 10 male singers and Robert was #1!! :D Freddie Mercury was #2 and Rod Stewart #3. It re-airs tomorrow at 11am ET.

So does VH1 have more credibility than Rolling Stone? At least they got it right. If not number one, he definitely belongs in the top 5!

So does VH1 have more credibility than Rolling Stone? At least they got it right. If not number one, he definitely belongs in the top 5!

Either way I'm happy Robert Plant took the Number 1 spot. I agree that VH1 got it right.

Also agree with Freddie Mercury at no. 2. Rod Stewart could be anywhere in the top 5 for all I care.

Way to go Robert Plant!

I love Robert Plant, but Freddie Mercury should have been #1. He is head & shoulders above everyone else. He could singe any genre of music & do so not just as a rock singer emulateing say vaudville, but did it so convincingly that you would think it was his main medium of music. When it came to in your face rock n roll, he was as powerful as any of them, ie; Plant, Daultery, Jager, Ozzy, Dio & others. Want an example? Ogre Battle, Sweet Lady, Prophet Song, White Man, Dead On Time to name a few. Or from the wheel chair, Headlong, Hitman, and of course The Show Must Go On.

Is that true about the Faces reunion? I wouldn't think Rod would ever go back to his roots like that. Ron Wood included? That would be a great gig!

I have read that Rod is on board finally,and Rod himself said rehearsals are to begin in the next few weeks.Woody and Ian McKagan(?) have been waiting for Rod's schedule to allow him, and for Woody to get time from his "day job" B) .I hope it's a fact!It certainly would be a great gig.

Rod has always been cool in my book! B) Oh yeah, the Faces reunion should be great. One of my uncles met them back in the day. :)

Your uncle met The Faces? thats awesome .I would have bowed at Ron Woods feet.Rod is cool ,I just mean I wish he"d go back to singing loud blues ,which is what he does best.It is a shame Ronnie Lane is no longer here to be involved :angry:

Archived