Jimmy singing?

BettyPage

Bonzo has a really nice voice too, I really thought it was Plant who sang the first line of The Ocean, but it is Bonzo

"We've done four already but now we're steady and then they went: one, two, three, four"

Well, that was fairly obvious, lmao. You can tell; when Bonham drank, his voice went all piratey and common, so you can hear that in his voice. And it's not singing. He does sing on the Ocean at the bit where all the music stops though, the bit where him and Plant sing in unison.

WOW! i had no idea that band existed... is that a rolling stone playing sax???

well anyways thanks for the video, jimmy looks great!!!

edit: and another rolling stone playing drums!! i just noticed!

It's from the album Willie And The Poor Boys..a side project of Bill Wyman's that came out in 1985. I still have the 45 of that song...and the LP itself.

Thanks for posting the link!! I had been wondering the same thing in regards to his vocals..... :D I think he sounds great!!

Same here -- I've been wondering about Jimmy singing for years. This is a good thread.

Well, that was fairly obvious, lmao. You can tell; when Bonham drank, his voice went all piratey and common, so you can hear that in his voice. And it's not singing. He does sing on the Ocean at the bit where all the music stops though, the bit where him and Plant sing in unison.

That's interesting; I guess I always assumed it was Plant being mixed in the studio.

Here's Jimmy "mock"singing backup (just for the video.....I'm pretty positive he did'nt sing on the actual recording of the song!)

Wow, that's the first time I saw/heard that. I knew about it, just never experienced it. Kind of like another Honeydrippers. Cool. Jimmy looked so much healtheir then than he did just a couple years earlier at the ARMS show. Kind of Bob Geldoff-like.

Thanks for posting the link!! I had been wondering the same thing in regards to his vocals..... :D I think he sounds great!!

You are quite welcome. I think he sounds pretty great. Someone made the comment that he doesn't sound as good as Plant...but come on!!! WHO DOES? :lol:

thanks a lot!!! it's just amazing. he sings lovely!!! oh, i cant stop smiling.

and here it says he plays everything but the drums in that song. so he plays harmonica quite well too :D

well thanks again, and rock on.

edit: ooooh i just saw little jimmy age 14. how cute! he wanted to be a biological researcher or something... maybe he feels a bit frustrated he didnt get to do that... or not. XD

I'm glad you liked the clips. I watched the Jimmy at 14 one over and over when I first found it. Just think....we could have had a cure for cancer now if he didn't go off and form a rock band!!! :hysterical: His accent is great in that clip.

:thumbsup:Very Cool!

Thanks, ReR.

You are very welcome. Glad I could be of some assistance. :thumbsup:

You are quite welcome. I think he sounds pretty great. Someone made the comment that he doesn't sound as good as Plant...but come on!!! WHO DOES? :lol:

I said that ;) But as I said the song is not bad and of course not everyone can have such a great voice as Robert has :)

Archived