REMEMBERING JOHN LENNON ON 8 DECEMBER 2008

ZeppFanForever

It's official Dec 8th here, so RIP John...you are missed.

How's it going "~tangerine~" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and BEATLES fanatics? As "~tangerine~" just said, It is Monday, 8 December 2008, the 28th year anniversary of John Lennon's death. The exact day and month. It would be at 11:50 P.M. Eastern time tonight that John Lennon would be Assassinated just outside in front of his Dakota apartment building in New York City. I could not sleep a wink tonight thinking about the jerk that did it. I will never forget his name as long as I live. If I can help it, I will do my part in making sure that Mark David Chapman will NEVER see a day of parole. I hope that Mark David Chapman rots in hell where he belongs. Changing the subject a little, this is going to be a mindblower.

Years would go by after Lennon's death and I was getting ready to move my mother from our old Sacramento, California (We actually lived in Carmichael, California, a suburb of Sacramento which is now a city of its own.) residence to an Alzheimers facility in Yuba City, California or should I say Live Oak, California in 2000. Going through some of my mother's things and belongings to pack up, I decided to go through my old bedroom and look through my old desk drawer. Guess what I found? In my drawer, I found the original newspaper by the Sacramento Union dated 9 December 1980. I also found two more Sacramento Union newspaper's in my same drawer dated 10 & 11 December 1980. All of these three newspapers had John Lennon on the front page with loads of information. I had forgotten that I put all three of these newspapers in my drawer and they remained there fully intact for all of these years until I found them in 2000. I still have them in my possession and am looking at them right now as we speak. How sad!

Rest in peace John, I will always miss you. ROCK ON! John A.K.A. ZeppFanForever.

I texted my dad.. diehard Beatles fan.. I remember watching the 'Imagine' documentary with him when I was around 7 or 8.. awkward.. but I'll never forget watching the sequence when Yoko and John are playing chess and they start eating the chess pieces.. but, yes, he said he remembers what happened on this day every year and that he was surprised I would remember... He is missed.

I also find it funny that it's taken 20+ years for the Vatican to forgive John for his little comment on the Beatles being bigger than Jesus.. it's true.. better music too. :P

At the time I was living in a studio apartment in Lodi, NJ. Alone on Monday night, I smoked some pot and played my guitar. Not listening to any TV or radio. Fell asleep early. Woke up, got out of bed, noticed a lot of Lennon music being played on WNEW. Went downstairs to get my NY Times. There it was on the cover. I was numb, but I went to work.

I texted my dad.. diehard Beatles fan.. I remember watching the 'Imagine' documentary with him when I was around 7 or 8.. awkward.. but I'll never forget watching the sequence when Yoko and John are playing chess and they start eating the chess pieces.. but, yes, he said he remembers what happened on this day every year and that he was surprised I would remember... He is missed.

I also find it funny that it's taken 20+ years for the Vatican to forgive John for his little comment on the Beatles being bigger than Jesus.. it's true.. better music too. :P

How's it going "Bustle In My Hedgerow" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN & BEATLES fanatics? I hope today went well for all of you. I didn't sleep too well last night but I still managed to go in to work early this morning. Thank you "Bustle In My Hedgerow" for your kind words and for remembering this day. Please say hello to your father for me even though I do not even know him. ROCK ON!

At the time I was living in a studio apartment in Lodi, NJ. Alone on Monday night, I smoked some pot and played my guitar. Not listening to any TV or radio. Fell asleep early. Woke up, got out of bed, noticed a lot of Lennon music being played on WNEW. Went downstairs to get my NY Times. There it was on the cover. I was numb, but I went to work.

How's it going "JethroTull?" Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. ROCK ON!

I heard the unbelievable like you,ZeppFanForever,from the lips of Howard Cosell.

I honeymooned in NYC,1988,and the Dakota was probably the site I most needed to absorb.

My wife and I spent reflective time there.

When we return to New York City again,I know another site where I will surely reflect and pray.

Tonight is when it happened 28 years ago, right about this time of the evening actually.

I was working at the hospital pharmacy where I had a rare 2nd shift. A friend and I went cruizing after work at 11pm just around town with the cassette player blasting and doing some placidyls and drinking a few beers. Green pickles if you will.

At about 1:15am, I happened to switch on the radio and the news came on about it. We were both stunned in silence at first then we both burst out in tears....unbelievable.

I had lost a family member. Some of my earliest memories were of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and my oldest sister not digging the 'Meet the Beatles' her boyfriend had given her, so I adopted it real quick. The Beatles started my cultural upbringing at that moment on that Sunday night 44 years ago...

Just last night I got around to writting a tribute to another fallen friend from 1 1/2 years ago on his music site. So I'm in a melancholy mood about John's death anniversary and the constant thoughts of my dear friend in Rhode Island. I know he and John are playing music together, I just know it. :)

I still get so fucking choked up thinking about the losses of various musicians that played such an important part of my musical and life development. What a band there is in the afterlife though, damn there'll be some fine cosmic concerts to see one day....

I was watching Monday Night Football

It was Miami Vs. New England

Howard Cosell was announcing and

he was the one to break the news about

John Lennon.

Must have been around 11 O'clock give or take.

I could not believe it

A part of my life had just died.

The next day I went to work in the city and went straight to the Dakota.

The crowds

Beatle music

People just crying

Sadness

You could see the bullet shots in the glass in the doorman's booth.

December 8, 1980

John Lennon Announced dead by Howard Cosell 1980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gcdz1IRVoM

:mellow:

I heard the unbelievable like you,ZeppFanForever,from the lips of Howard Cosell.

I honeymooned in NYC,1988,and the Dakota was probably the site I most needed to absorb.

My wife and I spent reflective time there.

When we return to New York City again,I know another site where I will surely reflect and pray.

How's it going "jabe?" Thanks for sharing your story with all of us. It was definitely a shock for all of us huh? ROCK ON!

Tonight is when it happened 28 years ago, right about this time of the evening actually.

I was working at the hospital pharmacy where I had a rare 2nd shift. A friend and I went cruizing after work at 11pm just around town with the cassette player blasting and doing some placidyls and drinking a few beers. Green pickles if you will.

At about 1:15am, I happened to switch on the radio and the news came on about it. We were both stunned in silence at first then we both burst out in tears....unbelievable.

I had lost a family member. Some of my earliest memories were of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and my oldest sister not digging the 'Meet the Beatles' her boyfriend had given her, so I adopted it real quick. The Beatles started my cultural upbringing at that moment on that Sunday night 44 years ago...

Just last night I got around to writting a tribute to another fallen friend from 1 1/2 years ago on his music site. So I'm in a melancholy mood about John's death anniversary and the constant thoughts of my dear friend in Rhode Island. I know he and John are playing music together, I just know it. :)

I still get so fucking choked up thinking about the losses of various musicians that played such an important part of my musical and life development. What a band there is in the afterlife though, damn there'll be some fine cosmic concerts to see one day....

How's it going "Devil's Haircut?" Thank you for sharing your touching story with all of us. My condolences to your fallen friend. I guess that we'll never get over John Lennon's death but time does heal and life does move on. I have lost so many friends in my lifetime and buried all of them. I most recently lost and buried my late wife who lost her battle with Cancer. Its a painful process when you lose a loved one. ROCK ON!

I was watching Monday Night Football

It was Miami Vs. New England

Howard Cosell was announcing and

he was the one to break the news about

John Lennon.

Must have been around 11 O'clock give or take.

I could not believe it

A part of my life had just died.

The next day I went to work in the city and went straight to the Dakota.

The crowds

Beatle music

People just crying

Sadness

You could see the bullet shots in the glass in the doorman's booth.

December 8, 1980

John Lennon Announced dead by Howard Cosell 1980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gcdz1IRVoM

:mellow:

How's it going "THE FIRST LEDZEP?" Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us. I know what you mean and how you feel. A part of me died with John Lennon on that horrible December night. Millions of people worldwide grieved and cried for days. For a brief moment, the whole world stopped. Remember the saying "THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED?" Believe me when I say that when John Lennon died, "THE WHOLE WORLD STOPPED AND CRIED THE NIGHT THE MUSIC DIED!" ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics? How's the weekend treating all of you? I hope all is well with all of you. If it is alright with all of you, I am going to write this thread a little earlier since it will be extremely hard for me to write it on Monday, 8 December 2008. I have already tried writing this thread on many occasions but I could never finish it. I would like to write this thread as an attachment to the outstanding Beatles thread that already exists here on the Zeppelin Forum. Words could never explain the feelings that I am feeling deep inside yet there is an emotion that still consumes me every time 8 December comes around the corner. It is indeed, a very sad day that still brings up a very painful memory for me. I don't mean to make this thread sound sad but its the only way that I can write this thread. And now, I ask all of you, my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics, where were you when John Lennon was Assassinated on 8 December 1980? As for all of my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics that were not born yet or were too young to remember, how did you feel when you first heard about what happened to John Lennon on 8 December 1980? I'll go first.

It was Monday night, 8 December 1980, in Sacramento, California, that my family, friends and I would all get together at my parents house. I have been out of high school for one year and I had already moved out of my parent's house. It was already the Holidays with Christmas right around the corner. We were all having a splendid time. I was there at my parent's house with my best friend's Tod, Scott, Harold and my girlfriend Donna. Being with my friends and girlfriend at my parents house with my sister Linda, what more could you ask for. ABC'S Monday Night Football was on TV and my father, friends and I were having a ball watching football. Somewhere during the telecast, Howard Cosell, who was hosting Monday Night Football, would make the horrific statement that would shake the whole world to its very foundations. "JOHN LENNON HAD BEEN SHOT OUTSIDE OF HIS DAKOTA APPARTMENT IN NEW YORK CITY, JOHN LENNON IS DEAD AT AGE 40." Upon hearing those words, the whole room was dead silent and I quickly excused myself and ran to my old bedroom and locked myself in where I cried for a long time. What do you say about something like this? What can you say?

This coming Monday will be 8 December 2008, 28 years later. The exact Day and Month. This day will be a very sad day for me to remember. Please join me in mourning for a man who was a hell of a lot more than just a musician or an Ex-Beatle. He was a Political Activist, a husband and a father of two sons that no longer have a father. But most of all, JOHN LENNON DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE! This ones for you John Paul George and Ringo. R.I.P. JOHN WINSTON (ONO) LENNON, Born 9 October 1940, Assassinated on 8 December 1980 at age 40. Also R.I.P. GEORGE HARRISON, Born 24 February 1943, Died on 29 November 2001 a age 58. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard cord ZEPPELIN & BEATLES fanatics? I would like to quote the lyrics to another one of John Lennon's greatest songs ever written. It is a song taken from the DOUBLE FANTASY album released in 1980. The name of the song is "Watching The Wheels." I can relate so much to this song that you can say that it definitely applies to me. The song goes like this:

WATCHING THE WHEELS

Words and Music by John Lennon

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing

Well they give me all kinds of warnings to

save me from ruin

When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind

of strange

Surely you're not happy now you no longer

play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away

Well they give me all kinds of advice designed

to enlighten me

When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching

shadows on the wall

Don't you miss the big time boy you're no

longer on the ball?

CHORUS

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels

go round and round

I really love to watch them roll

No longer riding on the merry-go-round

I just had to let it go

People asking questions lost in confusion

Well I tell them there's no problem, only

solutions

Well they shake their heads and look at me as

if I've lost my mind

I tell them there's no hurry...

I'm just sitting here doing time

CHORUS

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels

go round and round

I just had to let it go

I just had to let it go

I just had to let it go.

ROCK ON!

So long ago

Was it in a dream, was it just a dream?

I had know, yes I know

Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me

Took a walk down the street

Thru the heat whispered trees

I thought I could hear (hear, hear, hear)

Somebody call out my name as it started to rain

Two spirits dancing so strange

Ah! böwakawa poussé, poussé

Ah! bö

wakawa poussé, poussé

Dream, dream away

Magic in the air, was magic in the air?

I believe, yes I believe

More I cannot say, what more can I say?

On a river of sound

Thru the mirror go round, round

I thought I could feel (feel, feel, feel)

Music touching my soul, something warm, sudden cold

The spirit dance was unfolding

So long ago

Was it in a dream, was it just a dream?

I had know, yes I know

Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me

Took a walk down the street

Thru the heat whispered trees

I thought I could hear (hear, hear, hear)

Somebody call out my name as it started to rain

Two spirits dancing so strange

Ah! bö

wakawa poussé, poussé

Dream, dream away

Magic in the air, was magic in the air?

I believe, yes I believe

More I cannot say, what more can I say?

On a river of sound

Thru the mirror go round, round

I thought I could feel (feel, feel, feel)

Music touching my soul, something warm, sudden cold

The spirit dance was unfolding

How's it going "DanelectroGod?" Thank you for quoting the lyrics to "#9 Dream," that is one great song huh? ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics? How's the weekend treating all of you? I hope all is well with all of you. If it is alright with all of you, I am going to write this thread a little earlier since it will be extremely hard for me to write it on Monday, 8 December 2008. I have already tried writing this thread on many occasions but I could never finish it. I would like to write this thread as an attachment to the outstanding Beatles thread that already exists here on the Zeppelin Forum. Words could never explain the feelings that I am feeling deep inside yet there is an emotion that still consumes me every time 8 December comes around the corner. It is indeed, a very sad day that still brings up a very painful memory for me. I don't mean to make this thread sound sad but its the only way that I can write this thread. And now, I ask all of you, my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics, where were you when John Lennon was Assassinated on 8 December 1980? As for all of my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics that were not born yet or were too young to remember, how did you feel when you first heard about what happened to John Lennon on 8 December 1980? I'll go first.

It was Monday night, 8 December 1980, in Sacramento, California, that my family, friends and I would all get together at my parents house. I have been out of high school for one year and I had already moved out of my parent's house. It was already the Holidays with Christmas right around the corner. We were all having a splendid time. I was there at my parent's house with my best friend's Tod, Scott, Harold and my girlfriend Donna. Being with my friends and girlfriend at my parents house with my sister Linda, what more could you ask for. ABC'S Monday Night Football was on TV and my father, friends and I were having a ball watching football. Somewhere during the telecast, Howard Cosell, who was hosting Monday Night Football, would make the horrific statement that would shake the whole world to its very foundations. "JOHN LENNON HAD BEEN SHOT OUTSIDE OF HIS DAKOTA APPARTMENT IN NEW YORK CITY, JOHN LENNON IS DEAD AT AGE 40." Upon hearing those words, the whole room was dead silent and I quickly excused myself and ran to my old bedroom and locked myself in where I cried for a long time. What do you say about something like this? What can you say?

This coming Monday will be 8 December 2008, 28 years later. The exact Day and Month. This day will be a very sad day for me to remember. Please join me in mourning for a man who was a hell of a lot more than just a musician or an Ex-Beatle. He was a Political Activist, a husband and a father of two sons that no longer have a father. But most of all, JOHN LENNON DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE! This ones for you John Paul George and Ringo. R.I.P. JOHN WINSTON (ONO) LENNON, Born 9 October 1940, Assassinated on 8 December 1980 at age 40. Also R.I.P. GEORGE HARRISON, Born 24 February 1943, Died on 29 November 2001 a age 58. ROCK ON!

How's it going all? I finally made it to this. It is now 11:50 P.M. Eastern time, 8:50 P.M. Pacific time. At this very moment, on this very day and month, the world lost John Lennon. R.I.P. John. ROCK ON!

Great story... and sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm sure it hurts just as much today as it did when you found out last year.

How's it going all? I finally made it to this. It is now 11:50 P.M. Eastern time, 8:50 P.M. Pacific time. At this very moment, on this very day and month, the world lost John Lennon. R.I.P. John. ROCK ON!

Thanks ZeppFanForever for such a nice thread...(although you beat me to it :) ) you did a great job! Sorry about the loss of your wife. I hope you are healing if only just a little bit at a time...take care!

It's happened that Desember, 8 concured with the day I should tell a report about favorite musician. (without a second thought I decided to write about John)...

each one of us bears a little part of John Lennon in his heart..

that's why we all miss him so much..

:'(

Thanks ZeppFanForever for such a nice thread...(although you beat me to it :) ) you did a great job! Sorry about the loss of your wife. I hope you are healing if only just a little bit at a time...take care!

How's it going "~tangerine~" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN & BEATLES fanatics? I'm on my lunch break right now and I just wanted to say hello. Thank you '~tangerine~' for your kind words. I take everyday that comes one day at a time. As I stressed in some of my previous posts, time heals and life does move on. As Mick Jagger once said in one of his songs in 1974, "time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me." You sound like a wonderful woman '~tangerine~,' thanks for caring. ROCK ON!

It's happened that Desember, 8 concured with the day I should tell a report about favorite musician. (without a second thought I decided to write about John)...

each one of us bears a little part of John Lennon in his heart..

that's why we all miss him so much..

:'(

How's it going "Inga May" from Russia? Thank you for the kind words. You are right, there is a lot of John Lennon in all of us. And because of that, it is one of the many reasons why we all miss him. ROCK ON!

i know i'm late, but it was too big a day yesterday.

dec. 8 1980-i was a freshman at southern illinois university and i had a final exam that morning for my interpretation of children's literature class. the previous day, our instructor had warned us (kiddingly) not to let family deaths keep us from exam. no problem, i loved that class.

i lived in a dorm on thompson point, a beautiful lakeside nestled close to a woods that seperated the complex from the campus buildings. on my wall were huge posters of john lennon, the beatles, led zeppelin, and jimmy page. the previous week had been my birthday, and i had just received 'double fantasy'. i was enthralled with the album. the songs were so personal, mostly happy, 'watching the wheels' had really caught my mind's eye, and placed lennon there with a new visual-dreamy, happy, and poignant. i had earlier that year bought esquire magazine with lennon on the cover, and an article written by a journalist who tries to track down lennon but never succeeds. and now he was here....

at 7am, i received a call from my father. my grandfather had died. he and i were very close, i had just been with him the previous weekend, and only a month before had taken him to the hospital when he suffered a small heartattack. he was a man who had one of the largest imprints on my young life. he was from sicily and had came here a small child, worked in the family business running movie houses, and had just retired from United Artists where he had worked as a rep for years. i called my instructor, who was compassionate and also mortified by her ironic comment in class. my father picked me up and i spent the day in mourning at my grandfather's house in pinckneyville, illinois.

at 7:30 pm, my family and i returned to our home. i was spending the night with them, to return to school in a few says. i sat down on the couch, numb. pictures of previous happy times were all around me, all day long. my father was crushed. i turned on the t.v. and stared. monday night football came on. i stared at the game like a zombie. then i saw this:

cosell tells america...

impossible. can't be. what the fuck? GODDDAMMITT!!!

i left the house in tears that i didn't think i had anymore. my best friend was also on the street. we had both asked for and gotten the white album for christmas four years before. we walked. and walked. over and over, all through our little snowcovered town. beatles music started to pour out of everywhere. we smoked joints. we drank cheap wine. we talked crazy. you and me-let's go kill THAT fucker. DAMN!

for days, the struggle consumed me. no other man, other than my own father, had meant more to me than my grandfather. a close second(at the time): john lennon. tributes were announced by radio stations. they were all the same-tons of music and tears, poorly chosen words by broadcasters trying to make a buck, and real blood and sentiment coming from the mouth of his fans. what was my struggle? why did it bother me to mourn for both men? was i embarrassed that i was a superfan of lennon's and the beatles, collecting every scrap of paper, piece of plastic, photo or book i could find? hadn't his killer sprang from somewhere among us? and where did it all sit in the final perspective, with my grandfather under freshly shovelled dirt, whilst candles dripped and radios blasted in central park?

it came to me. while i would continue to be a fan of john lennon, the beatles, jimmy page, led zeppelin, i stopped being a fanatic. those bands, those men and women, that art, it was just as beautiful, touching and fulfilling to me, but it did not fill a space for my grandfather. fortunately for me, my grandfather filled his space in my life perfectly.

People say Im crazy doing what Im doing

Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin

When I say that Im o.k. well they look at me kind of strange

Surely youre not happy now you no longer play the game

People say Im lazy dreaming my life away

Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me

When I tell them that Im doing fine watching shadows on the wall

Dont you miss the big time boy youre no longer on the ball

Im just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round

I just had to let it go

Ah, people asking questions lost in confusion

Well I tell them theres no problem, only solutions

Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if Ive lost my mind

I tell them theres no hurry

Im just sitting here doing time

I just had to let it go

I just had to let it go

I just had to let it go

well, there you go, ZFF. by the way, i look forward to your visit. and as always, your threads...

beat.

i know i'm late, but it was too big a day yesterday.

dec. 8 1980-i was a freshman at southern illinois university and i had a final exam that morning for my interpretation of children's literature class. the previous day, our instructor had warned us (kiddingly) not to let family deaths keep us from exam. no problem, i loved that class.

i lived in a dorm on thompson point, a beautiful lakeside nestled close to a woods that seperated the complex from the campus buildings. on my wall were huge posters of john lennon, the beatles, led zeppelin, and jimmy page. the previous week had been my birthday, and i had just received 'double fantasy'. i was enthralled with the album. the songs were so personal, mostly happy, 'watching the wheels' had really caught my mind's eye, and placed lennon there with a new visual-dreamy, happy, and poignant. i had earlier that year bought esquire magazine with lennon on the cover, and an article written by a journalist who tries to track down lennon but never succeeds. and now he was here....

at 7am, i received a call from my father. my grandfather had died. he and i were very close, i had just been with him the previous weekend, and only a month before had taken him to the hospital when he suffered a small heartattack. he was a man who had one of the largest imprints on my young life. he was from sicily and had came here a small child, worked in the family business running movie houses, and had just retired from United Artists where he had worked as a rep for years. i called my instructor, who was compassionate and also mortified by her ironic comment in class. my father picked me up and i spent the day in mourning at my grandfather's house in pinckneyville, illinois.

at 7:30 pm, my family and i returned to our home. i was spending the night with them, to return to school in a few says. i sat down on the couch, numb. pictures of previous happy times were all around me, all day long. my father was crushed. i turned on the t.v. and stared. monday night football came on. i stared at the game like a zombie. then i saw this:

cosell tells america...

impossible. can't be. what the fuck? GODDDAMMITT!!!

i left the house in tears that i didn't think i had anymore. my best friend was also on the street. we had both asked for and gotten the white album for christmas four years before. we walked. and walked. over and over, all through our little snowcovered town. beatles music started to pour out of everywhere. we smoked joints. we drank cheap wine. we talked crazy. you and me-let's go kill THAT fucker. DAMN!

for days, the struggle consumed me. no other man, other than my own father, had meant more to me than my grandfather. a close second(at the time): john lennon. tributes were announced by radio stations. they were all the same-tons of music and tears, poorly chosen words by broadcasters trying to make a buck, and real blood and sentiment coming from the mouth of his fans. what was my struggle? why did it bother me to mourn for both men? was i embarrassed that i was a superfan of lennon's and the beatles, collecting every scrap of paper, piece of plastic, photo or book i could find? hadn't his killer sprang from somewhere among us? and where did it all sit in the final perspective, with my grandfather under freshly shovelled dirt, whilst candles dripped and radios blasted in central park?

it came to me. while i would continue to be a fan of john lennon, the beatles, jimmy page, led zeppelin, i stopped being a fanatic. those bands, those men and women, that art, it was just as beautiful, touching and fulfilling to me, but it did not fill a space for my grandfather. fortunately for me, my grandfather filled his space in my life perfectly.

People say Im crazy doing what Im doing

Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin

When I say that Im o.k. well they look at me kind of strange

Surely youre not happy now you no longer play the game

People say Im lazy dreaming my life away

Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me

When I tell them that Im doing fine watching shadows on the wall

Dont you miss the big time boy youre no longer on the ball

I just had to let it go

Ah, people asking questions lost in confusion

Well I tell them theres no problem, only solutions

Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if Ive lost my mind

I tell them theres no hurry

Im just sitting here doing time

I just had to let it go

I just had to let it go

I just had to let it go

well, there you go, ZFF. by the way, i look forward to your visit. and as always, your threads...

beat.

How's it going "beatbo" my buddy? I'm looking forward to visiting Biloxi again next month and meeting you in person. My computer has been freaking out on me trying to navigate and e-mail throughout the LED ZEPPELIN forum. It must be the extremely high winds outside of my house in San Antonio, Texas that is causing this. I just hope that my house or I don't get blown away. Now back to discussing the late great John Lennon.

I know how you feel "beatbo!" John Lennon's Assassination freaked us all out. I was so angry at Mark David Chapman for doing what he did. And just think, according to the books, Mark David Chapman was a hard core BEATLES fan. Hell, he even sported a BEATLES haircut in his senior high school picture. According to Chapman, He loved John Lennon so much that he thought that the only way that he could be John Lennon (His Idol) was by killing THE REAL John Lennon. WHAT WAS THE MAN THINKING? If I could ever confront Mark David Chapman face to face, I would get in his face and ask him two questions: "HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT? AND DON'T YOU FEEL ANY REMORSE OR REPENTANCE FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE?"

What's even more freightening is that I am looking at the Sacramento Union newspaper dated 11 December 1980 that I found in my parents house in 2000. There is actually a color photo on the front page of this newspaper of John Lennon signing an autograph for Mark David Chapman.

Lennon's death affected millions of people worldwide, more than you'll ever know. In the same Sacramento Union newspaper, In Salt Lake City, Utah, Beatles' fan Michael E. Craig, 30, was so despondent over the death of Lennon that he killed himself by placing a pistol in his mouth and pulling the trigger, Police said. This is just one of many incidents that occurred following the death of John Lennon. WOW, that was deep! ROCK ON!

Archived