REMEMBERING JOHN LENNON ON 8 DECEMBER 2008

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics? How's the weekend treating all of you? I hope all is well with all of you. If it is alright with all of you, I am going to write this thread a little earlier since it will be extremely hard for me to write it on Monday, 8 December 2008. I have already tried writing this thread on many occasions but I could never finish it. I would like to write this thread as an attachment to the outstanding Beatles thread that already exists here on the Zeppelin Forum. Words could never explain the feelings that I am feeling deep inside yet there is an emotion that still consumes me every time 8 December comes around the corner. It is indeed, a very sad day that still brings up a very painful memory for me. I don't mean to make this thread sound sad but its the only way that I can write this thread. And now, I ask all of you, my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics, where were you when John Lennon was Assassinated on 8 December 1980? As for all of my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics that were not born yet or were too young to remember, how did you feel when you first heard about what happened to John Lennon on 8 December 1980? I'll go first.

It was Monday night, 8 December 1980, in Sacramento, California, that my family, friends and I would all get together at my parents house. I have been out of high school for one year and I had already moved out of my parent's house. It was already the Holidays with Christmas right around the corner. We were all having a splendid time. I was there at my parent's house with my best friend's Tod, Scott, Harold and my girlfriend Donna. Being with my friends and girlfriend at my parents house with my sister Linda, what more could you ask for. ABC'S Monday Night Football was on TV and my father, friends and I were having a ball watching football. Somewhere during the telecast, Howard Cosell, who was hosting Monday Night Football, would make the horrific statement that would shake the whole world to its very foundations. "JOHN LENNON HAD BEEN SHOT OUTSIDE OF HIS DAKOTA APPARTMENT IN NEW YORK CITY, JOHN LENNON IS DEAD AT AGE 40." Upon hearing those words, the whole room was dead silent and I quickly excused myself and ran to my old bedroom and locked myself in where I cried for a long time. What do you say about something like this? What can you say?

This coming Monday will be 8 December 2008, 28 years later. The exact Day and Month. This day will be a very sad day for me to remember. Please join me in mourning for a man who was a hell of a lot more than just a musician or an Ex-Beatle. He was a Political Activist, a husband and a father of two sons that no longer have a father. But most of all, JOHN LENNON DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE! This ones for you John Paul George and Ringo. R.I.P. JOHN WINSTON (ONO) LENNON, Born 9 October 1940, Assassinated on 8 December 1980 at age 40. Also R.I.P. GEORGE HARRISON, Born 24 February 1943, Died on 29 November 2001 a age 58. ROCK ON!

Nice tribute ZeppFanForever...and Big Stick Bonzo, i too have been listening to alot of John lately, including Double Fantasy songs (i don't mind Yoko in the background because i found their love to be something special).

I considered starting a thread like this last night, due to Monday being a work day. Too late now, :) somebody already did one. I love that there are people who miss John so much that they are thinking about this very sad day before it comes up.

I tell this story every year, it's not that exciting, but it's my memory of finding out of this heartbreaking event. My boyfriend at the time called me early in the morning when i was getting up to go to school (i was in my freshman year of high school) and told me the news. I cut school that day and went to his place and we listening to the Beatles all day and cried and of course a few local radio stations covered this story all day long. That Christmas my boyfriend's sister bought me a copy of Double Fantasy for a gift (her name is Louise). I mention this because she bought me a beautiful gift. I was a new fan of the Beatles since that prior summer, and felt very robbed that John was gone so soon into me becoming such a huge fan of his music with the Beatles and solo. I know John would have done great humanitarian work in the years to come

Every year on this anniversary, i still feel the melancholy as well as the anger over losing John Lennon for no reason.

Some words of wisdom to pay tribute to the incredible, talented man who grew up so much over the years he lived. A very human man, with many flaws, who made mistakes. A man who wanted to change the world for the better when he realized who he was.

................................................................................

.................................................................................

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

All we are saying is give peace a chance. All you need is love.

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.

Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground.

Everything is clearer when you're in love.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain.

Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn't enough and you have to go and get shot or something.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.

If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it.

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

It doesn't matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I'm a woman or a man.

Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow.

Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.

My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.

Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law. It's nine-tenths of the problem.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip.

Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realised that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality.

The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?

The cross of the Legion of Honor has been conferred on me. However, few escape that distinction.

The more I see the less I know for sure.

The postman wants an autograph. The cab driver wants a picture. The waitress wants a handshake. Everyone wants a piece of you.

The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.

There's nothing you can know that isn't known.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.

Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.

You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!

You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.

You have to be a bastard to make it, and that's a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth.

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.

If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.

John Lennon

JohnLennonYokoOno_peace_promostill.0.0.0x0.400x300.jpeg

210_l.jpg

John_YokoYr1forPeace.jpg

I was 9 when this happened and will never forget that night. My parents had me at 15, so they were big 60's-'70's rock culture types. Such a tragic loss, right when he was starting to get back to making music...........

Anyway, this song always get's me. My brother and I played it on acoustics when our friends ashes were being spread on his parents farm.........RIP John...............

Um,today is the 6th.......

*Edited too add:...at least where I am.

...it's also the 39th anniversary of Altamont which,while not a pleasant memory,nor nearly as culturally significant as Lennons' murder,but I think it should be acknowledged nonetheless.

Evidently,I'm the only one.

I've been coincidentally listening to "Double Fantasy" alot recently. Such a good album..minus the Yoko sing-a-longs.

How's it going "bigstickbonzo?" I love the DOUBLE FANTASY album! At long last, John was back and rejuvinated. John had a new spark and was determined to take Rock n' Roll and all of us on a new roller coaster ride. It was a great ride indeed.

Have you ever seen the IMAGINE JOHN LENNON documentary movie on DVD? There is a scene in the movie in which he is reading letters in bed with Yoko until he comes up to a letter written by a psychic that states in the letter that he will be shot and killed. Every time I see that scene in the movie, I get goose bumps from disbelief. GOD, IF JOHN HAD ONLY LISTENED! ROCK ON!

Nice tribute ZeppFanForever...and Big Stick Bonzo, i too have been listening to alot of John lately, including Double Fantasy songs (i don't mind Yoko in the background because i found their love to be something special).

I considered starting a thread like this last night, due to Monday being a work day. Too late now, :) somebody already did one. I love that there are people who miss John so much that they are thinking about this very sad day before it comes up.

I tell this story every year, it's not that exciting, but it's my memory of finding out of this heartbreaking event. My boyfriend at the time called me early in the morning when i was getting up to go to school (i was in my freshman year of high school) and told me the news. I cut school that day and went to his place and we listening to the Beatles all day and cried and of course a few local radio stations covered this story all day long. That Christmas my boyfriend's sister bought me a copy of Double Fantasy for a gift (her name is Louise). I mention this because she bought me a beautiful gift. I was a new fan of the Beatles since that prior summer, and felt very robbed that John was gone so soon into me becoming such a huge fan of his music with the Beatles and solo. I know John would have done great humanitarian work in the years to come

Every year on this anniversary, i still feel the melancholy as well as the anger over losing John Lennon for no reason.

Some words of wisdom to pay tribute to the incredible, talented man who grew up so much over the years he lived. A very human man, with many flaws, who made mistakes. A man who wanted to change the world for the better when he realized who he was.

................................................................................

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

All we are saying is give peace a chance. All you need is love.

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.

Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.

Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground.

Everything is clearer when you're in love.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain.

Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn't enough and you have to go and get shot or something.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.

If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it.

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

It doesn't matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I'm a woman or a man.

Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow.

Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.

My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.

Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law. It's nine-tenths of the problem.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip.

Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realised that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality.

The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?

The cross of the Legion of Honor has been conferred on me. However, few escape that distinction.

The more I see the less I know for sure.

The postman wants an autograph. The cab driver wants a picture. The waitress wants a handshake. Everyone wants a piece of you.

The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.

There's nothing you can know that isn't known.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.

Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.

You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!

You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.

You have to be a bastard to make it, and that's a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth.

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.

If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.

John Lennon

JohnLennonYokoOno_peace_promostill.0.0.0x0.400x300.jpeg

210_l.jpg

John_YokoYr1forPeace.jpg

How's it going "~tangerine~?" You did a beautiful tribute as well, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks. ROCK ON!

I was 9 when this happened and will never forget that night. My parents had me at 15, so they were big 60's-'70's rock culture types. Such a tragic loss, right when he was starting to get back to making music...........

Anyway, this song always get's me. My brother and I played it on acoustics when our friends ashes were being spread on his parents farm.........RIP John...............

How's it going "DanelectroGod?" Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. "In My Life" is the GREATEST song ever recorded with "God Only Knows" by THE BEACH BOYS coming in second. "In My Life" is my most favorite song in the whole wide world. ROCK ON!

Um,today is the 6th.......

*Edited too add:...at least where I am.

...it's also the 39th anniversary of Altamont which,while not a pleasant memory,nor nearly as culturally significant as Lennons' murder,but I think it should be acknowledged nonetheless.

Evidently,I'm the only one.

How's it going "59LesPaul?" You are right my friend, Altamont should not be forgotten. I honestly do remember Altamont well. I lived in Sacramento, California when the Altamont incident took place and shooked the world to its very foundations as well. I also have THE ROLLING STONES full complete concert performance at Altamont from 6 December 1969 on CD. Such a tragedy in deed. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics? How's the weekend treating all of you? I hope all is well with all of you. If it is alright with all of you, I am going to write this thread a little earlier since it will be extremely hard for me to write it on Monday, 8 December 2008. I have already tried writing this thread on many occasions but I could never finish it. I would like to write this thread as an attachment to the outstanding Beatles thread that already exists here on the Zeppelin Forum. Words could never explain the feelings that I am feeling deep inside yet there is an emotion that still consumes me every time 8 December comes around the corner. It is indeed, a very sad day that still brings up a very painful memory for me. I don't mean to make this thread sound sad but its the only way that I can write this thread. And now, I ask all of you, my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics, where were you when John Lennon was Assassinated on 8 December 1980? As for all of my fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics that were not born yet or were too young to remember, how did you feel when you first heard about what happened to John Lennon on 8 December 1980? I'll go first.

It was Monday night, 8 December 1980, in Sacramento, California, that my family, friends and I would all get together at my parents house. I have been out of high school for one year and I had already moved out of my parent's house. It was already the Holidays with Christmas right around the corner. We were all having a splendid time. I was there at my parent's house with my best friend's Tod, Scott, Harold and my girlfriend Donna. Being with my friends and girlfriend at my parents house with my sister Linda, what more could you ask for. ABC'S Monday Night Football was on TV and my father, friends and I were having a ball watching football. Somewhere during the telecast, Howard Cosell, who was hosting Monday Night Football, would make the horrific statement that would shake the whole world to its very foundations. "JOHN LENNON HAD BEEN SHOT OUTSIDE OF HIS DAKOTA APPARTMENT IN NEW YORK CITY, JOHN LENNON IS DEAD AT AGE 40." Upon hearing those words, the whole room was dead silent and I quickly excused myself and ran to my old bedroom and locked myself in where I cried for a long time. What do you say about something like this? What can you say?

This coming Monday will be 8 December 2008, 28 years later. The exact Day and Month. This day will be a very sad day for me to remember. Please join me in mourning for a man who was a hell of a lot more than just a musician or an Ex-Beatle. He was a Political Activist, a husband and a father of two sons that no longer have a father. But most of all, JOHN LENNON DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE! This ones for you John Paul George and Ringo. R.I.P. JOHN WINSTON (ONO) LENNON, Born 9 October 1940, Assassinated on 8 December 1980 at age 40. Also R.I.P. GEORGE HARRISON, Born 24 February 1943, Died on 29 November 2001 a age 58. ROCK ON!

How's it going all? I would like to quote the lyrics to one of JOHN LENNON'S most beautiful songs he has ever written. It is from the DOUBLE FANTASY album released in 1980. This is a beautiful song that John had written for his then 5 year old son Sean. The name of the song is "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)." It goes like this:

BEAUTIFUL BOY (DARLING BOY)

Words and Music by John Lennon

Close your eyes

Have no fear

The monster's gone

He's on the run and your daddy's here

Beautiful

Beautiful beautiful

Beautiful Boy

Before you go to sleep

Say a little prayer

Every day in every way

It's getting better and better

Beautiful

Beautiful beautiful

Beautiful boy

Out on the ocean sailing away

I can hardly wait

To see you come of age

But I guess we'll both

Just have to be patient

It's a long way to go

A hard row to hoe

Yes it's a long way to go

But in the meantime

Before you cross the street

Take my hand

Life is what happens to you

While you're busy

Making other plans

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful boy

Darling

Darling

Darling

Darling Sean

ROCK ON!

I shall remember John on Monday.

Today (6/12/08) I remembered The Big O.

i drive past john lennon's childhood home every week

i live just outside liverpool

i can remember getting up for college to be told, by my dad, that john lennon had been shot

it didnt mean as much to me then as it does now

you will find many people from that city are not the greatest of beatles fans

they love 'em of course but not in the way outsiders do

strawberry fields and penny lane are places they can see every day

someone even stole the gates from strawberry fields to sell for scrap (they were recovered)

john lennon will always come back and pay a visit - or so we thought

paul mccartney was always attending city events

whats the problem?

BANG john lennon wont be coming back

all the chances we thought we'd have to say hi and wave to him were gone

there is a john lennon airport - i dont agree with that at all - it's not what he was about

there are numerous tour companies that will take you to where george harrison played football and where ringo lived in dingle

how can four people be that important to everyone around the world

i was once in a boat in the middle of south east asia with my first husband

the only words the natives could understand were *the beatles*

amazing!

amazing!

They are like a precious gift. When you think about the Beatles you think about love and peace. It's a universal feeling. The Beatles also give their fans a feeling of "hope". We all need that (especially those of us who don't subscribe to religious nonsense). Their music is incredible. They spent a great deal of time getting to know people all over the world. It's amazing as you say. It's also one of life's great features to me. Knowing that i love the music of four boys who are known to so many. Kind of like a "connection".

John's statement that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus sums it up. They were more popular than Jesus when he said that (or so it seems) and in a way, the Beatles were a religion. One that allows their followers freedom to be themselves and one that preaches peace, love, hope, and individuality. At least this is what i think! :)

i drive past john lennon's childhood home every week

i live just outside liverpool

i can remember getting up for college to be told, by my dad, that john lennon had been shot

it didnt mean as much to me then as it does now

you will find many people from that city are not the greatest of beatles fans

they love 'em of course but not in the way outsiders do

strawberry fields and penny lane are places they can see every day

someone even stole the gates from strawberry fields to sell for scrap (they were recovered)

john lennon will always come back and pay a visit - or so we thought

paul mccartney was always attending city events

whats the problem?

BANG john lennon wont be coming back

all the chances we thought we'd have to say hi and wave to him were gone

there is a john lennon airport - i dont agree with that at all - it's not what he was about

there are numerous tour companies that will take you to where george harrison played football and where ringo lived in dingle

amazing!

How's it going "caroselambra?" Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us and for your honesty. I have heard the same story from other fellow British citizens that I know personally. Bands like THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES and LED ZEPPELIN are not as big or praised as much in their own country like they are here in the U.S. Here in the U.S. all three bands are idolized as Rock Royalty. I am not saying that England does not love these bands because I know that England does. Liverpool, England is, and always will be, the home of THE BEATLES and that is one thing that Liverpudlians should be very proud of. I am not saying in any way that Liverpudlians are not proud because I know in many ways, that they are. This is also a fact that the whole world can never take away from Liverpool. It is great to hear an opinion and point of view from a fellow Liverpudlian, Thank you. ROCK ON!

They are like a precious gift. When you think about the Beatles you think about love and peace. It's a universal feeling. The Beatles also give their fans a feeling of "hope". We all need that (especially those of us who don't subscribe to religious nonsense). Their music is incredible. They spent a great deal of time getting to know people all over the world. It's amazing as you say. It's also one of life's great features to me. Knowing that i love the music of four boys who are known to so many. Kind of like a "connection".

John's statement that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus sums it up. They were more popular than Jesus when he said that (or so it seems) and in a way, the Beatles were a religion. One that allows their followers freedom to be themselves and one that preaches peace, love, hope, and individuality. At least this is what i think! :)

Hello again "~tangerine~?" I love the way you write. John was right when he said that "THE BEATLES WERE MORE POPULAR THAN JESUS!" It was true as a fact. THE BEATLES WERE BIGGER THAN JESUS! How many bands can actually say that? There has been NO ONE during or since THE BEATLES except one person. That person is the late great ELVIS PRESLEY. ROCK ON!

How's it going "caroselambra?" Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us and for your honesty. I have heard the same story from other fellow British citizens that I know personally. Bands like THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES and LED ZEPPELIN are not as big or praised as much in their own country like they are here in the U.S. Here in the U.S. all three bands are idolized as Rock Royalty. I am not saying that England does not love these bands because I know that England does. Liverpool, England is, and always will be, the home of THE BEATLES and that is one thing that Liverpudlians should be very proud of. I am not saying in any way that Liverpudlians are not proud because I know in many ways, that they are. This is also a fact that the whole world can never take away from Liverpool. It is great to hear an opinion and point of view from a fellow Liverpudlian, Thank you. ROCK ON!

How's it going "ZFF"? That is an interesting story. I could say the same for Mardi-Gras

Having been to so many year after year I have sat a couple out, mostly when it falls early in the year because it's too damn cold to stand in an enormous crowd on the street.

Speaking of which, this years Grand Marshall of Endymion will be "Kid Rock" and they will be back on their original parade route since Katrina.

Back on topic 1980 was when I had met my ex and I remember getting several cassettes of John Lennon for Christmas that year. A bitter sweet time.

How's it going fellow die hard hard core Zeppelin and Beatles fanatics? Tomorrow will be Monday, 8 December 2008, 28 years later. I would like to quote the lyrics from another great legendary song that John wrote in 1971. It is a song off the IMAGINE album from 1971. The name of the song is quite simply "Imagine." It goes like this:

IMAGINE

Words and Music by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven

it's easy if you try

no hell below us

above us only sky

imagine all the people

living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

it isn't hard to do

nothing to kill or die for

and no religion too

imagine all the people

living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

but I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

and the world will be as one.

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

no need for greed or hunger

a brotherhood of man

imagine all the people

sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer

but I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

and the world will live as one.

How can a man like John Lennon be Assassinated after writing beautiful lyrics like this? All John ever wanted was Peace in the world and the very best for mankind. How sad. ROCK ON!

How's it going "ZFF"? That is an interesting story. I could say the same for Mardi-Gras

Having been to so many year after year I have sat a couple out, mostly when it falls early in the year because it's too damn cold to stand in an enormous crowd on the street.

Speaking of which, this years Grand Marshall of Endymion will be "Kid Rock" and they will be back on their original parade route since Katrina.

Back on topic 1980 was when I had met my ex and I remember getting several cassettes of John Lennon for Christmas that year. A bitter sweet time.

How's it going "Dzldoc" my buddy? How's it going down in New Orleans? I hope all is well with you. How far is New Orleans from Biloxi, Mississippi? I'll be down visiting in Biloxi next month. I'll finally get to meet fellow Zeppelin and Beatles fanatic "beatbo" in Biloxi. I sure wish that I could meet you in person. It would be a priviledge to meet the man that stared Hurricanes in the face and won.

Time to talk about John Lennon now. It seems that millions of people, you and I included, were devastated and affected by Lennon's death. It also seems that a little part of all of us died with John and we didn't even know him. His music made us happy, made us sad, made us laugh and made us cry. All in all, we all shared in John's feelings about life in general as to how he felt. He shared all of his happy and sad feelings through his music with all of us which in turn would help us understand a lot about ourselves. In my opinion, being able to relate to John, is one of the many reasons why he meant so much to all of us. ROCK ON!

Hello again "~tangerine~?" I love the way you write. John was right when he said that "THE BEATLES WERE MORE POPULAR THAN JESUS!" It was true as a fact. THE BEATLES WERE BIGGER THAN JESUS! How many bands can actually say that? There has been NO ONE during or since THE BEATLES except one person. That person is the late great ELVIS PRESLEY. ROCK ON!

Thank you. I love the Beatles! No other four people will duplicate or come near their international popularity in the music world.

Thank you. I love the Beatles! No other four people will duplicate or come near their international popularity in the music world.

Hello again "~tangerine~" trees and marmalade skies? You're very welcome dear. THE BEATLES only comes once in a lifetime. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BEATLES, NEVER! ROCK ON!

Archived