Jimmy Page Solos

pjzep

a bit of both, he does pentatonic in heartbreaker. He goes into modes in the apparently solo in bring it on home. (Which is the part straight after the blues part).

I know because I play those solos and I'm a very good guitar player. said to be as good as jimmy, which I doubt. I'm nearly as good. Nobody's as good as Jimmy Page.

He breaks in and out of typical scales - see Since I've Been Loving You for example. Blues in Cm, you would expect him to play Cm Pentatonic, but he doesn't. That is his genius, knowing when to stick with the rules, and when to break them.

In 1977 he sometimes played out of key. For example in "No Quarter", He sometimes played in minor when there was major and major when there was minor.

But he is the greatest player of all time ;-)

In 1977 he could hardly stand up! Yet he managed to say more then with those strangled string bends and blind alley runs than guys like Eric Clapton ever said. He also played backwards a lot, which not too many guitarists do. Neil Young does it ("Like a Hurricane" has some backwards stuff in it) but Jimmy did it all the time, playing against the beat or behind it. The live "Immigrant Song' solo is a good example -- it's F sharp minor and he's using a minor scale, but it rides back against the song which has a real dissonant affect. It dives back into the beat. That's one of his best solos, imo. Funny, there's no solo at all on the record.

a bit of both, he does pentatonic in heartbreaker. He goes into modes in the apparently solo in bring it on home. (Which is the part straight after the blues part).

I know because I play those solos and I'm a very good guitar player. said to be as good as jimmy,

Youre not.

In 1977 he sometimes played out of key. For example in "No Quarter", He sometimes played in minor when there was major and major when there was minor.

He's an outrider, that's why. Dig his "out" playing on The Firm's Radioactive - so out it's virtually in. And yes, he is the greatest guitarist of all time. :)

There are not any wrong notes, if you no what your doing. Its all about tension/release and the mastery of that

I love Jimmy Page's solos. So creative and good sounding. The answer is already answered. My favorite guitar solo is "Stairway To Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love". Besides "Stairway To Heaven", I also like "Since I've Been Loving You", "Whole Lotta Love" and "Heartbreaker" solos.

He breaks in and out of typical scales - see Since I've Been Loving You for example. Blues in Cm, you would expect him to play Cm Pentatonic, but he doesn't. That is his genius, knowing when to stick with the rules, and when to break them.

Thats the thing with the blues, it breaks all the rules of traditional harmony playing minor scale over a dominant( major) chords but it works .

Archived