Frank Sinatra appreciation thread

Electrophile

I have the CD set The Complete Capitol Singles Collection and it's amazing. I just set my iTunes to shuffle and listen to that all night. I'm looking to get In The Wee Small Hours on vinyl as right now I only have it on CD.

Great to see all your responses!

'Chairman Of The Board' Sinatra has been a part of my life as long as I can remember. I gotta say that back n the day my old man could croon a Sinatra song with the best of them. He wasn't alone. It seems that besides being able to save the free world, that generation had an ability to sing and entertain

Sinatra vs. Zeppelin

That's my rapport with my father over music. (Even though I really love him) I pretend to hate FS and my dad REALLY does hate Zeppelin. It's a generation thing. Other than "Bad To The Bone", my dad can't stand any music with a guitar riff and drum beat.

My fave FS is "That's Life" and "Summer Wind" (always makes me think of the opening credits of The Pope of Greenwich Village). Not sure about the live stuff. My father has a ton of it.

Here's something amusing I did once though. My pops asked to make him a cd of Frank to listen in his car. I put a couple of tunes of his and then made the rest of the cd Zeppelin. My father just shook his head when he got home. :D

Post your favorite songs/albums, photos, YouTube clips, etc,.

I did a search and didn't see a thread like this and if one exists and I missed it, my apologies. I'll start it off:

Fave song: Always

Fave album: In The Wee Small Hours

Fave photo:

Frank-Sinatra-Studio--C11737531.jpeg

How's it going "Electrophile?" WOW, its amazing how many people that now appreciate Sinatra's music after he is long gone. Oh well, better late then never. I have so many live shows on Sinatra on VHS that are not even on DVD yet. I swear, I have many. My favorite ones are the "Live at Madison Square Garden" on 13 October 1974, "Sinatra Live in Japan" and "Sinatra Live in 1968." Sinatra gave some incredible shows throughout his incredible career and he just kept getting better as he got older. How many artists can you truly say got better as they got older? Not many. ROCK ON!

Archived