Final no from Robert Plant - no problem...

hecube

oh, gosh, I've lost track; it's hard to say when he got started. The details are lost.

Well, at least Ellie Mae Clampett can sing.

He has always been passionate. He can't help himself, it's his nature. But the turning point from Led Zeppelin to this latest foray into country music reminds me of when Scarlett O'Hara took action after the troops occupied the South, sewing an elegant dress from her green velvet drapes that she'd taken from the windows, and vowing that she would never go hungry again.

EL, it is nice to see your love of the South shining through for the holidays. I would be honored to be compared to Ellie May Clampett and I am sure Alison would feel honored as well. Happy Holidays!

EL, it is nice to see your love of the South shining through for the holidays. I would be honored to be compared to Ellie May Clampett and I am sure Alison would feel honored as well. Happy Holidays!

Yes, it's hard to go wrong with Ellie Mae.

All the best to you this season. :)

"I hate doing this. I'm doing it because I'm a whore."

-AOL Sessions, Behind the scenes, March 2005

Straight from Robert himself

I think I feel his pain. lol

sorry if it sounded like i was bashing robert im not as i said i loved him for years lets just be real led was the best ever, ever, every song you knew who it was from the first note , so it will allways be the best so instead of the best we get two above av. projects but still av. i just wonder if alison will go down as zeps yoko ono after all thay say history repeets, and i dont mean she cant sing , she has a great voice, its just robert riped rod stewart for doing the same thang w ish them all well nothing last forever

but the stones and the who and yes hee haw is still on the air its called cmt

sorry if it sounded like i was bashing robert im not as i said i loved him for years lets just be real led was the best ever, ever, every song you knew who it was from the first note , so it will allways be the best so instead of the best we get two above av. projects but still av. i just wonder if alison will go down as zeps yoko ono after all thay say history repeets, and i dont mean she cant sing , she has a great voice, its just robert riped rod stewart for doing the same thang w ish them all well nothing last forever

but the stones and the who and yes hee haw is still on the air its called cmt

Alison has nothing to do with Yoko Ono. She's not the reason Robert isn't working with Jimmy again. As he's said, he and Jimmy are in different places and have different directions with regard to their careers. How did Robert rip off Rod Stewart?

Hee Haw is on CMT? I've never seen the show listed on their station. But if you're referring to country music in general, that's a pretty derogatory stereotypical remark to make and based on having little insight into country music.

I can categorically state that Robert Plant will not be appearing on Hee Haw.

lol at least he has some sense of decorum. Even while whoring himself out, he avoids going whole hog, at least so far. Ellie Mae would be proud.

But if he has actually lowered himself to the cornfields, there'll be hell to pay.

Hee Haw was actually a good show most of the time. It was guaranteed to make you laugh sooner or later.

Robert ripping off ROD STEWART??? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :hysterical:

The only voice in the world Robert could ever be accused of borrowing from would be that of Steve Marriott from the SMALL Faces.

OK, Ian Mclagan and Kenny Jones were in the same band. Credit where credit is due.

:lol:

lol at least he has some sense of decorum. Even while whoring himself out, he avoids going whole hog, at least so far. Ellie Mae would be proud.

Hee Haw was actually a good show most of the time. It was guaranteed to make you laugh sooner or later.

How do you feel about the other rock stars that have visited Nashville to record and perform with country musicians? This list would include Paul McCartney, Jack White, Ben Folds, Bob Dylan, and most recently, Keith Richards? Also, the new alt rock bands that have either recorded in Nashville or settled in Nashville, including Marah, Kings of Leon, and Paramore? (and my list is far from complete). Some of the kids from Paramore are my neighbors, and I think their parents would be interested if you indeed think they are "whoring themselves out".

How do you feel about the other rock stars that have visited Nashville to record and perform with country musicians? This list would include Paul McCartney, Jack White, Ben Folds, Bob Dylan, and most recently, Keith Richards? Also, the new alt rock bands that have either recorded in Nashville or settled in Nashville, including Marah, Kings of Leon, and Paramore? (and my list is far from complete). Some of the kids from Paramore are my neighbors, and I think their parents would be interested if you indeed think they are "whoring themselves out".

How is Nashville an exception to his usual? It's still a machine with a very controlling audience, however more refined and uncountrified they may have become. Even though Nashville has re-invented itself, it's roots remain the same.

He's doing something he has not done before when Nashville previously excluded him, and naturally he is curious. He is genuinely thrilled with his adventures with Alison Krauss. He has his reasons for being there.

L'est we forget the "KING!" himself B)

acd94793509a052b05c2a6110__AA240__L.jpg

But if he has actually lowered himself to the cornfields, there'll be hell to pay.

What is your point in all of this? Robert performs. That's what he does. He does it well. He likes to explore different genres and challenges. He loves doing what he does. Why do you insist on tearing it apart or rather putting him down for it?

What is your point in all of this? Robert performs. That's what he does. He does it well. He likes to explore different genres and challenges. He loves doing what he does. Why do you insist on tearing it apart or rather putting him down for it?

And what have I torn that is not already torn? And why is it a put down? Because I recognize it for what it is?

I realize of course that he performs as I have seen him numerous times. He has always performed well as I've seen.

Archived