Final no from Robert Plant - no problem...

hecube

Now that it sounds like a final statement on the matter, I'll be perfectly happy if they can release last year's concert on DVD...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...union-tour.html

Plant, 60, said he has moved on to other things and was getting too old for two-hour rock shows in giant arenas across the world.

But he said he was regularly in touch with guitarist Jimmy Page and they were still great friends.

Plant has been nominated for five Grammy awards for his Raising Sands album with American bluegrass singer Alsion Krauss.

He said: "I'm doing very well with Alison and I'm enjoying that.

"I still see Jimmy quite a lot and he's very complimentary and supportive of what I'm doing.

"But we are in different places now and you have to go on to do different things."

Now that it sounds like a final statement on the matter, I'll be perfectly happy if they can release last year's concert on DVD...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...union-tour.html

Hey-Up,

Thanks for the post from the Telegraph, & its contents. As reguards to a DVD of the O2 gig, since there are a few different copies floating around, the only people who will make money off it, will be the Maker$$$$ of such a DVD.

I was watching an old DVD I've got, & it was an Interview with Page/Plant/Jones from one of the Scandinavian Countries from about 6/8 yrs ago, & JPJ said (Quote) "John Bonham wasn't just the Drummer of Led Zeppelin, he was a Quarter of Led Zeppelin", so when Jason filled the Seat of his Dad at the O2, thats about as close as you could get to the Original Line-Up.

As for Sir Robert, the Pleasure & Fun he showed with Alison Krauss, which "Whyalla & I" along with many others saw at Wembley Arena 22/05/08, you can't blame him for not wanting to go back on the road, with what Wouldn't be Led Zeppelin without him. Maybe a Page/Jones Unledded session maybe better, who knows??

All the best,

Hang-man. :ph34r:

Well, I'm glad to hear hear that he and Jimmy are still very close. I think that's wonderful.

Am I happy that I will probably never see Zeppelin live?

No, but I'll get over it.

Am I happy that Robert is happy where he is?

Of course and I don't want to stop him from what he is doing because I love seeing what other kinds of music he can come up with.

IMHO I also think he could bring Allison on tour with Zep so she can sing The Battle of Evermore. They did it when I saw them and it was fantastic. Everyone else can bring their wives and he can bring Allison. Problem solved.

It's dissapointing but i can understand Roberts feelings on it. It's hard to do a world tour as a singer

like this at his age. Especially for hours a night for months and months . Just glad he still did the reunion show in 2007 . Lets hope it gets released official on DVD

You can listen to what he said at 1:15:20 at the following link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00g2...nch_21_12_2008/

I cant watch/listen to this b/c I don't have right Real One Player installed or somethin, so I apologize if this is mentioned there...

But does anyone else think that he doesn't want to do it because he & Bonzo were so close? I really don't the actual touring is a problem (considering that he just toured with Allison) and that's just an excuse.

Just my thoughts...

It's dissapointing but i can understand Roberts feelings on it. It's hard to do a world tour as a singer

like this at his age. Especially for hours a night for months and months . Just glad he still did the reunion show in 2007 . Lets hope it gets released official on DVD

yea thats true but lets stop with him being too old to tour.. hes younger than jimmy and jpj.. they wanna do it.. robert has his right but i still think hes being stubborn.. he wouldnt have been anything without zeppelin and i mean by that become famous and known as a god.. he would have been known but not as a god and he knows that.. but ill get over it..

hes younger than jimmy and jpj.. they wanna do it.. robert has his right but i still think hes being stubborn..

Think about this, Jimmy and JPJ use instruments, as long as their skills are there, it won't be a big problem. But as a singer Robert has to use his voice, it's naturally harder for him.

And yeah, I don't think age is a big issue. The more important thing is that his heart is not in this, and I'm totally ok with that. More power to him.

Think about this, Jimmy and JPJ use instruments, as long as their skills are there, it won't be a big problem. But as a singer Robert has to use his voice, it's naturally harder for him.

100% correct ! playing guitar at 60+ is much easier than singing . Especially when the songs took alot of skill in his 20's 30's . It's just alot to ask

There is plenty more to say. Im not happy with Robert. Jimmy Page made the band. And made him. And now he turns his back on them? Fuck that. I am not happy with his decisions. Ill say it here and say it often. Time is short. Why doesnt he give in at least for Jimmy? Its bullshit.

There isn't any more to say. Robert doesn't have to live his life for Jimmy. He's not turning his back on them. As he said, they are in different places with what they want to do musically. There's no crime in that. It's life. Nothing wrong with being disappointed. Many of us would like to see them together but I totally respect Robert's decision and I totally support whatever project Jimmy is working on.

And for the record, Jimmy didn't "make" Robert. They all came together with their own unique talent and the combination of that talent is what made the BAND.

I thought the statement he issued in October was pretty clear about his not participating in the project with Jimmy or reuniting Zep.

yes, yes , yes, that's just another "final final". It hurts a bit when he points out deliberately at his not being able to "master" four steps. Robert, some people out there still remember you climbing the stairway to heaven. :)

(I can't help wondering when will they s-t-o-p asking him the same old question....)

Well, I'm glad to hear hear that he and Jimmy are still very close. I think that's wonderful.

Am I happy that I will probably never see Zeppelin live?

No, but I'll get over it.

Am I happy that Robert is happy where he is?

Of course and I don't want to stop him from what he is doing because I love seeing what other kinds of music he can come up with.

IMHO I also think he could bring Allison on tour with Zep so she can sing The Battle of Evermore. They did it when I saw them and it was fantastic. Everyone else can bring their wives and he can bring Allison. Problem solved.

ha ha ha, I just imagined what it might be like, and it just made my day :D

ive loved robert for so meny years now,and saw both un leded tours ,i realy wanted this to happen , robert once complained about his peers forgetting the rebel yell, well now that robert has changed his to howdie yaull, all is lost!!!!!!!, i know the three j's have a great album still to write, after all pagie has a knac for finding singers

p.s. robert good luck on hee haw :angry:

Archived