Hey SteveAJones ... is this you in this video clip?

rayban123

• 2 weeks later...

Our Steve ain't British, as far as I know.

Thanks for the link. Jimmy is so shy (seems to me anyway). The interviews I've seen of Robert & Jimmy together, the interviewer ends up talking to Robert 90% of the time...

Translation help: can anyone make out what the question from Jeremy Clarkson was? I've listened to it several times and it may as well be in Klingon.

Translation help: can anyone make out what the question from Jeremy Clarkson was? I've listened to it several times and it may as well be in Klingon.

Well, my Klingon is a bit rusty, :lol: but he actually says "Was it true they had to cancel a tour because of the hosepipe ban?". This is a very British reference ... whenever we have a halfway decent summer in the UK (as opposed to the usual rain and cold weather), the UK seems to then have a water shortage. Very irritating! This leads local governments to introduce a hosepipe ban, much to the consternation of keen gardeners and car-washers. This often leads to ludicrous situations of people watering their gardens in the middle of the night, so that the neighbours won't see and report them to the local council!

The second aspect of the reference is Jeremy Clarkson's belief that Robert's infamous "silhouette" in his skin-tight jeans was achieved with the help of a length of hosepipe. :hysterical: : B)

Eye thank yew!

Ahh, thank you very much Lilith - you are a patient and kind soul to translate with such care. I really do appreciate it.

P.S. Am enjoying your lovely sig photo as well - that look of love between James & Robert.

P.S. Am enjoying your lovely sig photo as well - that look of love between James & Robert.

That's a lovely pic of all of them. :)

(Btw on my flight at Christmas I passed a guy in business class who I'm 99% sure was Jeremy Clarkson. B) Robert or Jimmy would have been more exciting to see, but it was still a minor thrill. :D )

Ahh, thank you very much Lilith - you are a patient and kind soul to translate with such care. I really do appreciate it.

You're very welcome - and yes, it's a beautiful photo, isn't it? :D

That's a lovely pic of all of them. :)

(Btw on my flight at Christmas I passed a guy in business class who I'm 99% sure was Jeremy Clarkson. B) Robert or Jimmy would have been more exciting to see, but it was still a minor thrill. :D )

He's a fookin' giant - isn't he like 6'5" or summat. Too bad it wasn't James May, huh? Whatta cutie.

Our Steve ain't British, as far as I know.

Thanks for the link. Jimmy is so shy (seems to me anyway). The interviews I've seen of Robert & Jimmy together, the interviewer ends up talking to Robert 90% of the time...

Sometimes I think Jimmy is just more content to let Robbert talk.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you seen my avatar? ;)

Well, in fact your avatar reminds me of some tarot card.....Are you really two dimensional and made of cardboard ???.....holy frack, that's indeed very amazing!

:D

(althought the cloak, beard and lightsaber might suggest that you are actually Obi Wan Kenobi who came back from death by using the force thanks to another rehash of the original Star Wars trilogy by Mister Lucas)

(This entire comment was triggered by cheap wine)

Archived