Plant/Krauss perform at Grammy's

SbsSwan

So what do you think Robert and Alison will play at The Grammy's? My guess it will be "Please Read The Letter" or "Killing The Blues", with the former more likely.

I've thought the same, "Please Read the Letter". Though they could take something not from the album, I think that "In the Mood" and "Matty Groves" combination which they performed on the tour is amazing, too.

I have never liked the Grammys. It would be the same even if Robert Plant were not there. And I do not despise Robert Plant. I just can't think about him all the time.

Well you sure say a lot of negative comments about him, people of Los Angeles etc. And for the record, I don't think about him all the time either :rolleyes:

I never understood why artists, actors, etc. receives awards in the first place - just to pump up their egos and how important I am. Some forget where they came from. One day you can be rich and the next day its taken all away.

It's not about pumping up their egos. It's about recognition of their work. Sadly it's gotten more political and more of a popularity contest but that wasn't the original intent. Many people (actors and musicians) I think take the award for what it is - they'll be the first to tell you it has a shelf life that's short. In other words, after a month or so, life goes on.

So what do you think Robert and Alison will play at The Grammy's? My guess it will be "Please Read The Letter" or "Killing The Blues", with the former more likely.

Either those or Rich Woman which they're also up for pop collaboration for. Only a week to find out!

I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying. As for Los Angeles, I was born here and I know the place well enough to understand what is happening.

I'm with you. Its rare that I even watch an award show anymore. Years ago, I knew this guy who hosted the Oscars every year and I would help him out with his parties. Back in the day, it was fun but now, No - I am just not interested. They don't make movies like they used to.

Yes, it is an industry event, not the same as a concert on a tour, or a private party with good friends. But as you say, much has changed.

I've thought the same, "Please Read the Letter". Though they could take something not from the album, I think that "In the Mood" and "Matty Groves" combination which they performed on the tour is amazing, too.

That's what I'd LIKE to hear, though as "Gone Gone Gone" was such a big success for them, that's a strong possibility. (Then again, it was last year's success, so maybe not.)

Robert Plant doesn't go around making judgemental comments. Not that I am aware of, anyway. I have never heard of him making negative comments about any cities or countries he has visited.

And I suppose you are next going to try to convince me that none of the people around him ever do either.

Fantastic. Robert Plant could say the exact same thing and you would defend him.

Robert Plant doesn't go around making judgemental comments. Not that I am aware of, anyway. I have never heard of him making negative comments about any cities or countries he has visited.

Well, being realistic here, he does--all the time. :D But not in the way you mentioned, particularly.

"Well, I think he's a f*(&#$% idiot. Horses for courses: I've worked

with Phil Johnstone - nobody's perfect."

- Robert Plant, on David Coverdale, in the December 1994 issue of

_Mojo_.

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/reference/index.php?m=assorted1

Sensing my ignorance, Plant launches into the astrological explanation of the Led Zeppelin setup. “We had the Gemini at the back, two Capricorns on either side, and the golden god in the middle, shining in all his leonine splendour in an open shirt,” he says, smiling broadly at his self-caricature. “Capricorns are pragmatic and studied . .. a little bit stubborn. They get on because they understand each other, but they always worry about me. They should be called Grin and Bear It, really, because I’m such an idiot.”

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle3005424.ece

Well, being realistic here, he does--all the time. :D But not in the way you mentioned, particularly.

Well, I have never HEARD him use the term hillbilly, for example, or malign the South, or call Bluegrass musicians barefoot or inbred. I have never heard him make a blanket statement reflecting steroetypes about a particular geographic region or culture. Unlike on this message board. :rolleyes:

But, I will rely on your expert judgement here. I don't know Robert and have not read all the interviews :)

I talk about people too, including Coverdale. I don't make blanket statements accusing a city of being full of idiots, or bigots, etc.

:wall:

Edit: This was in reply to Eternal Light's post quoting something RP stated in an interview. Forgot to use the Quote function. Need more beer, probably.

I talk about people too, including Coverdale. I don't make blanket statements accusing a city of being full of idiots, or bigots, etc.

:wall:

Edit: This was in reply to Eternal Light's post quoting something RP stated in an interview. Forgot to use the Quote function. Need more beer, probably.

In Los Angeles we most certainly get our fair share of them.

A woman in a U-Haul truck led authorities on a high-speed chase for more than two hours _ going through downtown Los Angeles and star-studded Malibu _ before she was finally arrested.

As viewers watched the dramatic chase on television, the driver eluded police Wednesday by driving on sidewalks, across grassy medians and into oncoming traffic lanes.

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_conten...p;lang=eng_news

We also get the occasional male visiting from England who likes to tell me that he thinks I am an idiot just to see how I will react.

Well, I have never HEARD him use the term hillbilly, for example, or malign the South, or call Bluegrass musicians barefoot or inbred. I have never heard him make a blanket statement reflecting steroetypes about a particular geographic region or culture. Unlike on this message board. :rolleyes:

But, I will rely on your expert judgement here. I don't know Robert and have not read all the interviews :)

That's why I said he wasn't judgmental in the way you described--about parts of the country, people's geographical origins, etc.

But he IS judgmental about all sorts of things. He has all sorts of opinions on all sorts of people, all sorts of music, all sorts of issues, and he's very willing to share them (and get himself misunderstood in the process)! :D I don't think you have to know him or read all the interviews (I certainly don't and haven't) to recognize that he's someone with very strong opinions about the world as a whole, often to the point of being judgmental. He's a Leo! Just the way he is.

That's why I said he wasn't judgmental in the way you described--about parts of the country, people's geographical origins, etc.

But he IS judgmental about all sorts of things. He has all sorts of opinions on all sorts of people, all sorts of music, all sorts of issues, and he's very willing to share them (and get himself misunderstood in the process)! :D I don't think you have to know him or read all the interviews (I certainly don't and haven't) to recognize that he's someone with very strong opinions about the world as a whole, often to the point of being judgmental. He's a Leo! Just the way he is.

Well I am a Leo too and my mouth gets me in trouble all the time. :D

Archived