Plant/Krauss perform at Grammy's

SbsSwan

Only one day to go. Can't wait! It's gonna be a good show as there is a great lineup of performers this year that the Grammys don't usually have.

Anyone have any idea when the pre-show awards are being handed out? At least a couple of the Grammys Robert and Alison are nominated for will be prior to the broadcast. It would give us a good idea where things are headed. Hopefully, positive.

Only one day to go. Can't wait! It's gonna be a good show as there is a great lineup of performers this year that the Grammys don't usually have.

Anyone have any idea when the pre-show awards are being handed out? At least a couple of the Grammys Robert and Alison are nominated for will be prior to the broadcast. It would give us a good idea where things are headed. Hopefully, positive.

You can watch it live online here. It starts 4pm EST.

http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/GRAMMY_Live.aspx

Ok, then don't watch it.

I will probably watch it out of curiousity.

And then be glad it is over.

Just like every other time.

It's like clockwork.

It was like this even before Led Zeppelin was just a glimmer in Jimmy Page's eye.

Just because Robert Plant comes along does not change my feelings about the Grammys or the recording industry.

But to this day I'm very glad that Ray Charles got that great deal with RCA after he quit Atlantic. That part has always been the same.

I will probably watch it out of curiousity.

And then be glad it is over.

Just like every other time.

It's like clockwork.

It was like this even before Led Zeppelin was just a glimmer in Jimmy Page's eye.

Just because Robert Plant comes along does not change my feelings about the Grammys or the recording industry.

But to this day I'm very glad that Ray Charles got that great deal with RCA after he quit Atlantic. That part has always been the same.

Ray Charles best work I think was recorded on Atlantic. What does that have to do with anything?

Ray Charles best work I think was recorded on Atlantic. What does that have to do with anything?

He seemed to be happy about it.

I was with Atlantic from 1952 to 1959. I had control of what I was recording, so if I made any bad recordings or bad decisions I have to say it was strictly my own fault. Most of what we were doing in those days were singles; they were more popular than albums. I only did two albums on Atlantic. The first album was a jazz album I did with Quincy Jones, which had songs like "Doodlin'." The second album, The Genius of Ray Charles, Quincy wrote with Ralph Burns.

About that time -- still with my smaller band -- I was thinkin' I really wanted to introduce a girl sound to my music. Don't forget, I was raised in a Baptist church and I wanted my music to have a certain kind of feelin'. One night in 1957, I was in Philadelphia and there was a band playin' -- I forget who was playin' -- but I went to catch the band and on this show they had a second band performing called The Cookies. Well, The Cookies sounded pretty good to me. So the following week, we recorded together in New York, I think we did Swany River Rock. And it sounded so good, I asked them to work with me all the time. That's when The Cookies -- Margie Hendrix, Ethel (Darlene) McCrae and Pat Lyles -- became The Raelettes.

By 1959, my career was on the fast track. Although I didn't know it when I signed with ABC, things were about to start happening for me at a much faster pace then I ever thought possible when I was a kid back at the St. Augustine's school. But that's another story, for another time.

http://www.raycharles.com/the_man_autobiography.html

Photo from the rehearsal:

rehearse.jpg

Thanks for the pic and the link nine! I may watch the red carpet shows on E! and TV Guide Channel to see if they show up there. You can also find out some of the early award winners while everyone is on the red carpet also. Ok,guys, only a few more hours to go! Although I have watched them off and on in its entirety throughout the years, I don't think I have been THIS excited about the Grammys since Michael Jackson dominated back in 1984, 25 years ago, LOL!! Besides Robert and Alison's performance, I am also excited to see the tributes to the Four Tops and Bo Diddley. Wonder if Robert will take part in the Bo Diddley tribute? That would be cool since Bo was one of his idols. Anyways, sounds like it is going to be an exciting show. :D

Photo from the rehearsal:

rehearse.jpg

Oh wow.... yes. Arms.......... :)

Is it still a mystery of which song they're singing? I seriously doubt this, but I would love to see them do "Battle Of Evermore" since it showcases both of them equally, and it's a well known song. Plus it gets a little bit of Zeppelin out there as well. B)

Thanks for the pic and the link nine! I may watch the red carpet shows on E! and TV Guide Channel to see if they show up there. You can also find out some of the early award winners while everyone is on the red carpet also. Ok,guys, only a few more hours to go! Although I have watched them off and on in its entirety throughout the years, I don't think I have been THIS excited about the Grammys since Michael Jackson dominated back in 1984, 25 years ago, LOL!! Besides Robert and Alison's performance, I am also excited to see the tributes to the Four Tops and Bo Diddley. Wonder if Robert will take part in the Bo Diddley tribute? That would be cool since Bo was one of his idols. Anyways, sounds like it is going to be an exciting show. :D

Oh I never thought about Robert taking part in the Bo Diddley tribute :o That would be amazing :D

I don't think I have been THIS excited about the Grammys since Michael Jackson dominated back in 1984, 25 years ago, LOL!!

You've come a long way Melanie! :lol: Plus I don't think Michael Jackson has arms quite as nice as Robert's! 3.gif

You've come a long way Melanie! :lol: Plus I don't think Michael Jackson has arms quite as nice as Robert's! 3.gif

Yes I have, LOL!! I was in the 6th grade and was so obsessed with Michael back then dominating with Thriller. Can't believe it has been that long though! Robert does have some great arms, I must agree, hey still a great body too! They will be performing "Gone, Gone, Gone" and "Rich Woman". :D

Archived