Plant/Krauss perform at Grammy's

SbsSwan

I would have KILLED for them to have done that at one of the shows I went to last year. I was hoping against hope they'd make it a permanent part of the set, but no . . . :(

Thanks, SuperDave!

That's certainly a good one. I even added it to my favorites. A real keeper, even though short.

That's certainly a good one. I even added it to my favorites. A real keeper, even though short.

I did too. I was lucky enough to have seen it at one of the shows I attended. Was amazing live and yes, I thought it would have been a great addition to the set list across the tour.

I had no idea - thanks so much for the info!

No problem. :)

Take a look at this. Listen to Robert wail on the harmonica. Great stuff.

That's great, thanks for sharing! In addition to being a great singer, Robert is such an excellent harmonica player! And Roxie, lucky you for being at that show, I bet that was awesome!! :D

I was at that show. Sigh...........

I would have loved to have seen that. Good thing for YouTube. They need to do more blues based performances in their shows. As much as I liked their show, it would be fantastic if they can rock out a little more. This would really add something to their show.

I would have loved to have seen that. Good thing for YouTube. They need to do more blues based performances in their shows. As much as I liked their show, it would be fantastic if they can rock out a little more. This would really add something to their show.

Hey, you never know what the next CD and tour will bring! B)

Blues stuff would be great! As Melanie said, we'll see what the next record brings. I'm sure it will be quite different from Raising Sand :D

Blues stuff would be great! As Melanie said, we'll see what the next record brings. I'm sure it will be quite different from Raising Sand :D

Robert is always trying to break new ground with each recording he makes. He is always about challenging himself musically.

0206glkrauss.jpg

http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws...n1.241d6e0.html

Krauss and Plant should win album of the year Grammy tonight

On CBS beginning at 7pm Central Time - Schedlued for 3 1/2 Hours to 10:30pm

From the Dallas Morning News Entertainment Guide:

By MARIO TARRADELL / Music Critic

There will only be one winner. And it should be Raising Sand. Led Zeppelin, the iconic rock band where Plant honed his rock 'n' roll craft, never won a Grammy. Shocking, right? Plant does have two Grammys, one with former Zep buddy Jimmy Page when they were a duo in the late '90s. And the other is with Krauss, from last year, when Sand's "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)" was nominated in the best pop collaboration track. Neither victory was in a major category. A win for album of the year would indirectly correct Grammy's Zeppelin slight.

The Krauss connection

Plant is in lofty company. Alison Krauss is the most Grammy-awarded female ever, with 21 trophies. She is everything the academy loves – versatile, creative, respected and successful. Remember also that Raising Sand sold more than 1 million copies without benefit of any significant pop or country radio airplay. The pairing spawned a successful tour, which stopped at Grand Prairie's Nokia Theatre last July. As if that's not enough, here's a final note: Hancock's River: The Joni Letters was not a commercial hit, and it still won for all the erudite reasons you can think of. Raising Sand has all of those and more.

No problem. :)

That's great, thanks for sharing! In addition to being a great singer, Robert is such an excellent harmonica player! And Roxie, lucky you for being at that show, I bet that was awesome!! :D

Oh it was - 2nd row, on the aisle in full frontal Plantness. :D

As much as I liked their show, it would be fantastic if they can rock out a little more. This would really add something to their show.

I'd like to see that too. I loved how "Black Country Woman" was done live. A bit more "rockier". Wouldn't mind seeing a few more songs like that live.

On the things i've been seeing on tv, looks like -plant and krauss might be winning record of the year. that'll be cool if they win, its a great record and would be cool to see someone from -led zep finally getting recognized by the grammys.

On the things i've been seeing on tv, looks like -plant and krauss might be winning record of the year. that'll be cool if they win, its a great record and would be cool to see someone from -led zep finally getting recognized by the grammys.

Agreed! It is still hard to believe that Zeppelin never won a Grammy! Anyways, it was great to see them get the Lifetime Achievement Award and then Page/Plant winning one and now Robert with Alison. It's about time! :D

Agreed! It is still hard to believe that Zeppelin never won a Grammy! Anyways, it was great to see them get the Lifetime Achievement Award and then Page/Plant winning one and now Robert with Alison. It's about time! :D

That is precisely why Plant and Krauss may win Record of the Year.

So many great artists were never recognized. I dont think Neil Young has ever won a grammy still

That is precisely why Plant and Krauss may win Record of the Year.

So many great artists were never recognized. I dont think Neil Young has ever won a grammy still

And Album of the Year too. B)

It can be a weird thing with the Grammy voters I agree. Some years they give awards to artists whom you never hear from ever again and skip over those who have been long overdue. Then, some years, they get it right on the mark. Looks like this year, they are off to a great start. :)

It can be a weird thing with the Grammy voters I agree. Some years they give awards to artists whom you never hear from ever again and skip over those who have been long overdue. Then, some years, they get it right on the mark. Looks like this year, they are off to a great start. :)

It's often very political and that is frustrating. I think Coldplay is their biggest competition according to stuff I've read. But they do have a really good shot! But it's very exciting that they've won two already :D

They certainly are! The more the merrier.

It's often very political and that is frustrating. I think Coldplay is their biggest competition according to stuff I've read. But they do have a really good shot! But it's very exciting that they've won two already :D

I agree, if they were to not win Album of the Year, it would probably go to Coldplay. But, yes they are still the favorites and that has alot to do too with Alison having the most Grammys than any other female in history. Not bad to have as an advantage, huh? LOL. Not to mention the CD is just great. Plus them winning two so far is a good indication I think. :)

^^SuperDave, I love the avatar!! :thumbsup:

I agree, if they were to not win Album of the Year, it would probably go to Coldplay. But, yes they are still the favorites and that has alot to do too with Alison having the most Grammys than any other female in history. Not bad to have as an advantage, huh? LOL. Not to mention the CD is just great. Plus them winning two so far is a good indication I think. :)

^^SuperDave, I love the avatar!! :thumbsup:

The album was so good and unique that it would be nice to see it get the recognition it deserves.

Two wins is a great indication!

For once the Grammy's got it right...I was so jaded I didn't even think it would happen but it was nice but it would have been nicer if the show hadn't run long and they hadn't rushed the winners off

Archived