Led Zep To Tour In 2009?

Fool_In_the_Rain

http://eventful.com/performers/led-zeppeli...001-000009585-8

I about fell out of my chair this morning and spit out my coffee when I opened my email and read the Event Reminder. (see link above)

I thought I was living in a dream and I was privvy to some super confidential news and Led Zep was going to play a super secret unadvertised show at the House of Blues tomorrow night.

I was downright giddy and my heart was racing hoping that this news was true. I made so much noise my wife woke up and asked what's going on after hearing me say "No way....no way" about a half a dozen times!

I wouldn't put it past Led Zeppelin to do something as cool as this.....play a couple of small unannounced warm up shows at various House of Blues across the country before playing to stadiums full of adoring fans.

Oh well....it was just a Led Zep tribute band playing the HOB (and that's pretty cool too in its' own right) but I was really hoping for the real thing.

But the piece de resistance in the email was the little video toward the bottom of the page, there was a short piece speculating who would take Robert Plant's place if Led Zep does decide to tour in '09.

My choice would be Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes.....I love that album Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes Live At the Greek. It's one of my alltime fav albums and the Black Crowes do such a great job backing Jimmy Page covering the Led Zep and Yardbirds material.

Dear people, what's amazing that someone still believes in this. Actually, it is useful to re-read Robert's historical (no irony implied) statement, this part of in particular: Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

Sad.... But not fatal.

Edited: I did not notice it is your first post. :welcome2:

Edited by Vega

Well, it gave me a giggle anyway.

Only UK tour date so far is........................ Chichester!!!! wtf :lol:

And to add to the whole hilarity of it all , a box popped up and said "Would you like to be notified when Led Zeppelin comes to Hull"

:hysterical:

And to add to the whole hilarity of it all , a box popped up and said "Would you like to be notified when Led Zeppelin comes to Hull"

Exactly, these guys are unbelievable! I have a message in my mail box with estimation of Demand for Led Zeppelin in Kyiv and even the list of the local hot spots to hold such a concert, some of them real ones! :bait:

Way to go, pals! But.... doubt if it makes any difference to you know who.

Please let us know when they make it to Hull. :D

R B)