Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

zepscoda

Afraid I'm a jaded fuck who isn't inspired by anyone anymore. It's easier to just turn to your inner self and get on with it

Have you checked out any of Hunter Thompson's quotes?

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

Hunter S. Thompson

"Where can we find two better hemispheres, without sharp north, without declining west?

My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears, and true plain hearts do in thee faces rest.

Within twenty-four hours, my work will be finished, and then, my precious jewel, I will join you in your setting.

We shall be reunited forever in a secluded corner of the great elysian field of the beautiful beyond!"

- Vincent Price as Dr. Anton Phibes

post-841-0-82659000-1425949542_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can't get to sleep tonight...don't know why, just sitting here reading various quotes and came across this one from Nikola...

If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.

- Nikola Tesla

• 1 month later...

"This operation is not being planned with any alternatives. This operation is planned as a victory, and that's the way it's going to be. We're going down there, and we're throwing everything we have into it, and we're going to make it a success."

― General Dwight D Eisenhower

post-841-0-04702400-1433652243_thumb.png

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"With ideas it is like with dizzy heights you climb: At first they cause you discomfort and you are anxious to get down, distrustful of your own powers; but soon the remoteness of the turmoil of life and the inspiring influence of the altitude calm your blood; your step gets firm and sure and you begin to look - for dizzier heights."

Nikola Tesla

2016-01-02-23-08-01-1.png

This is from an npr article yesterday, its from the moonark project, to place artists work on the moon next year. The coordinater, lowry burgess says,

"A poem is like a bell...every word in a poem rings and makes the rest of the other words ring. So in this, everything thats there is making something else ring, so the totality is meant to hum together."

"We did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, the winding streams with tangled growth, as ‘wild’. Only to the white man was nature a ‘wilderness’ and only to him was it ‘infested’ with ‘wild’ animals and ‘savage’ people. To us it was tame. Earth was bountiful and we were surrounded with the blessings of the Great Mystery"

Sioux Indian chief , Standing Bear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"It is my eyes which see and the sight of my eyes grants beauty to the earth. It is my ears which hear and the hearing of my ears gives its song to the world. It is my mind which thinks and the judgment of my mind is the only searchlight that can find the truth. It is my will which chooses, and the choice of my will is the only edict I must respect." - Equality 7-2521

"Whatever road I take, the guiding star is within me. The guiding star and the load stone which point the way. They point in but one direction. They point to me." - Equality 7-2521

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history."

PicsArt_1462758239278~2.jpg