Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

PlantOneOnMe

What is the TRUE meaning of Zoso?

226 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, reswati said:

Nice, but it still has nothing to do with any of the four elements.

12350724.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandy Denny symbol located on the inner side of the disc Led Zeppelin IV, right next to the title song "The Battle of Evermore" is a complement, in the literal sense of the word quintessence of four symbols - the fifth element. What he means what he symbolizes, it is not certainly, for anyone who has met with this concept, no secret.

Sandy Denny symbol like the previous four characters should be treated as "conventional sign graphic or written expressing a specific concept without using the letters". It is my opinion, encoded with ideogram, information about the spiritual capital of all three monotheistic religions - Jerusalem. From here it is already close to the mystical conception of the fifth element as the quintessence - ether.

sandy denny

trzy religie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2007 at 7:31 AM, ddot said:

I was just watching a movie "Small Town Girl " 1936. I wasn't really paying attention and then one of the characters said, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "...............Stairway to Paradise" this really percked up my ears and watching the movie a little longer a character was introduced as "ZOSO" "Zoso" this and "Zoso"

 

could this classic film have been a partial inspiration? I guess we'll never know for sure.

Interesting link, but that character's named 'So-So' rather than ZOSO, I think it comes from some obscure archaic book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2016 at 3:02 PM, FlaviusMercurius said:

ZOSO, I think it comes from some obscure archaic book

If you've read this thread you know precisely from which book it comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider all four symbols together instead of obsessing over zoso to get the full context. Zoso is saturn/lucifer, etc. jones' symbol represents expelling evil spirits. bonhams symbol represents the holy trinity. plant's represents truth. Context (possibly): Saturn will "expell the evil spirits" of the "holy trinity". this is "truth" not gonna provide links i'm too lazy and drunk. have fun. btw...led zeppelin not my all time favorite, but pound for pound the best band that ever was.

Edited by roosterpoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real meaning of Z o-s-o is that is it NOT an actual word. It is a magical sigil (symbol) of many shown for the planet Saturn, which I believe is Jimmy's ruling planet as a Capricorn (Saturn is on his TSRTS wizard pants). JP got this symbol form the book Grand Grimoire of the Red Dragon (Dragon Rouge) first published in French in either the 1500 or 1600's...

The only original symbol on the Untitled album is Robert's feather in a circle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2008 at 2:53 AM, Diana-loura said:

i personally DON'T believe that Jimmy has anything to do with satan,no way, i'm just telling you what i read so far in books and websites about that symbol...

That is your personal understanding, which you should definitely stick with -- it's really just an old alchemic signature that points to certain astrology.  Mercury is very heavy as is a Capricorn arrangement of stars and planets.  there's nothing Satanic about the symbol, so disregard every 666 mention about the oso part that may have been mentioned in the thread.   There's nothing demonic about the thing at all. There is a "Saturnalia" at work there too, but  the completed picture points to Mercury, which is  the swift runner, the messenger, so it's really just a representation of the search for spiritual wisdom and truth and all that.  It's very specific and artful, but it's only Satanic in it's purposeful ignorance of Christian affects, which are irrelevant in the Led Zeppelin universe.  

 

Edited by Mercurious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An example of his character and knowledge, "os" is Latin for mouth, the "so" could perhaps have some distal connection with the "so" in soul, . The capital Z, well, spelt phonetically we have zed, "de "in Latin is "out",  perhaps "ed" in Zed is in ( I know Latin "in" is the same;).

SOrry for the thread revival, just felt compelled two.

This is the second time I have replied to this thread, the first reply mysteriously disappeared soon after posting, cenSOrsHIP perhaps?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello- tons of great stuff here!! - I will add the last bit - In Greek the word "SOZO" means "saved" -Christianity uses this word relatIng directly to the religion's-(not necessarily Christ's) idea of- "Saved" - Zoso - is, in addition to astrological associations-a reversal-of this...a play on words dedicated to the ignorance of fundamentalism ... Cool-eh? Blessings me Amis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd laugh if one day Page turned round and said the true meaning of ZoSo is "stop asking what ZoSo means"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard so many explanations for this, impossible to pin down really.  Hell, I wonder if Jimmy even remembers anymore.  It's like asking Robert the meaning of Stairway to Heaven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can be seen wearing this pendant in msg and other performances. Any occultiphiles know what it means? Maybe we can draw comparisons between this and zoso to narrow down the possibilities?8130824403_c4c8cbd39b_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The above symbol resembles in a most uncanny way, the structure of an eye and its extraoccular muscles, rectus and obliques. With the exception of the superior oblique which i believe has been either misrepresented to make a decorative object more aesthetically pleasing or structurally sound OR has been designed (for the above symbol) to represent the action of the associated muscle along with its synergistic counterpart/s. Also the absense of the superior rectus,an explanation for which i could  only speculate upon. As for how this has anything to do with the occult and to tie this together with my eye theory, the word occult is derived from the latin "occulere": (to hide/covered over) and is not unrelated to the latin anatomical term for the eyes "occulus", the suffix "cult" has a very sinister (sinister being latin for "left") connection  (as i believe) to the word cull, the "T" then, or the "t", i believe refers to the sternum and clavicle.

Mr page is alluding with this symbolism, and through the use of double entendre within the lyrics of his music, reaching out to a vast audience, to people who are enlightened and to those who are noT, sharing his knowledge as far as he can, and to the extent he dares.

To me the yin yang symbol and the swastika represent the same thing, the flag of great britain, the union jack, much the same.

This is my optomistic view mind... two sides to a coin, much has been omitted and avoided in these few paragraphs.

Hopefully with this post and my previous post on this same page, many might agree that  the mystery of zoso is now apocalypse.

All that is left now is for someone to add on to this semi-permanent record of the twenty first century with some loosely connected, dismissive, or at best ;derisive one liner, and with that my efforts to flush down the huge turdy element of this thread will have been wasted, have at it dumper!

 

Edited by Thebabyjebus
Improvements to grammar and content for clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.1.2017 at 0:57 AM, Thebabyjebus said:

The above symbol resembles in a most uncanny way, the structure of an eye and its extraoccular muscles, rectus and obliques. With the exception of the superior oblique which i believe has been either misrepresented to make a decorative object more aesthetically pleasing or structurally sound OR has been designed (for the above symbol) to represent the action of the associated muscle along with its synergistic counterpart/s. Also the absense of the superior rectus,an explanation for which i could  only speculate upon. As for how this has anything to do with the occult and to tie this together with my eye theory, the word occult is derived from the latin "occulere": (to hide/covered over) and is not unrelated to the latin anatomical term for the eyes "occulus", the suffix "cult" has a very sinister (sinister being latin for "left") connection  (as i believe) to the word cull, the "T" then, or the "t", i believe refers to the sternum and clavicle.

Mr page is alluding with this symbolism, and through the use of double entendre within the lyrics of his music, reaching out to a vast audience, to people who are enlightened and to those who are noT, sharing his knowledge as far as he can, and to the extent he dares.

To me the yin yang symbol and the swastika represent the same thing, the flag of great britain, the union jack, much the same.

This is my optomistic view mind... two sides to a coin, much has been omitted and avoided in these few paragraphs.

Hopefully with this post and my previous post on this same page, many might agree that  the mystery of zoso is now apocalypse.

All that is left now is for someone to add on to this semi-permanent record of the twenty first century with some loosely connected, dismissive, or at best ;derisive one liner, and with that my efforts to flush down the huge turdy element of this thread will have been wasted, have at it dumper!

 

Poop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also as a side note,  thank you for that poop by the way reswati, as a sidenote i also have an idea which would cure both world hunger and the over population problem we face here on planet  earth,.. erm well there may be some nay sayers, those who find my proposal distasteful but hear me out; CANNIBALISM!

Cant believe the politicians have let this one slip by them so far. We could be building jaws like tigers, weeding out the weak and tasty. Im all for it and if i ever come to power im threatening to personally eat anyone who doesnt vote for me in the next elections. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoso is an ancient deity which refers it self as "Satan". Page says he doesn't know the meaning but he does, ever hear the phrase, "the greatest trick the devil ever played was making man believe he didn't exist." Page intentionally kept the world in the blind to spread this "symbol" everywhere without anyone knowing. I mean tons of Americans especially in their time would've shied away from this group if they had known page was deliberately stamping zoso "Satan" across everything, it's probably why page denied crowleys offer partnership, he knew i. That day in age timing was off to do such a public thing in satans name; It's Latin/Hebrew derived if I'm not mistaken. But either way Roberts symbol is for protection, hence the circle around the delicate feather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2017 at 6:46 AM, Thebabyjebus said:

as a sidenote i also have an idea which would cure both world hunger and the over population problem we face here on planet  earth,.. erm well there may be some nay sayers, those who find my proposal distasteful but hear me out; CANNIBALISM!

Cant believe the politicians have let this one slip by them so far. We could be building jaws like tigers, weeding out the weak and tasty. Im all for it and if i ever come to power im threatening to personally eat anyone who doesnt vote for me in the next elections. 

What a fantastic idea! I am all in. I will start by eating Michelle Malkin and we'll go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Orjaw said:

Zoso is an ancient deity which refers it self as "Satan". Page says he doesn't know the meaning but he does, ever hear the phrase, "the greatest trick the devil ever played was making man believe he didn't exist." Page intentionally kept the world in the blind to spread this "symbol" everywhere without anyone knowing. I mean tons of Americans especially in their time would've shied away from this group if they had known page was deliberately stamping zoso "Satan" across everything, it's probably why page denied crowleys offer partnership, he knew i. That day in age timing was off to do such a public thing in satans name; It's Latin/Hebrew derived if I'm not mistaken. But either way Roberts symbol is for protection, hence the circle around the delicate feather. 

Where do you get this definition?  The Zoso symbol is a magic symbol for the planet Saturn, dating from the 16th Century

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a thought recently and think I may be onto something.

Jimmy/John are capricorns

Robert's a Leo and Bonzo is Gemini.

 

See how the those 3 Zodiac symbols look when put next to each other in sequence...

 

We know Jimmy loves the band with all his heart and believes they are the 4 Alchemists. His symbol could be the symbol for the whole group. A bit more tinkering with the symbols in the arrangment you do get something that resembles OSO with an underline. Which is more than coincidence in my opinion.

 

ssdss.png

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I've had a thought recently and think I may be onto something.

Jimmy/John are capricorns

Robert's a Leo and Bonzo is Gemini.

 

See how the those 3 Zodiac symbols look when put next to each other in sequence...

 

We know Jimmy loves the band with all his heart and believes they are the 4 Alchemists. His symbol could be the symbol for the whole group. A bit more tinkering with the symbols in the arrangment you do get something that resembles OSO with an underline. Which is more than coincidence in my opinion.

 

ssdss.png

you need to look at the early pages of this topic. the Zoso sign was in a book from the 1500s, so it most definitely is not something Page designed himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsj said:

you need to look at the early pages of this topic. the Zoso sign was in a book from the 1500s, so it most definitely is not something Page designed himself

I know full well the sigil has existed in such and such form for centuries. However his version is tweaked and he may have seen the similarities in the sigil and the individual members signs.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now