What is the TRUE meaning of Zoso?

PlantOneOnMe

Any investigation into the symbol would be helped by taking into account that it's not actually the word "Zoso." Jimmy's said a couple times in the past that the formation of something that looks like a word is purely coincidence.

Any investigation into the symbol would be helped by taking into account that it's not actually the word "Zoso." Jimmy's said a couple times in the past that the formation of something that looks like a word is purely coincidence.

Correct, and the meaning has been solved, I'm just not motivated enough to dig it out and post it here. Something to do with astrology and magick etc.

I was just watching a movie "Small Town Girl " 1936. I wasn't really paying attention and then one of the characters said, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "...............Stairway to Paradise" this really percked up my ears and watching the movie a little longer a character was introduced as "ZOSO" "Zoso" this and "Zoso"

could this classic film have been a partial inspiration? I guess we'll never know for sure.

This is the site most people have referenced in the past. Hope this helps:

http://www.inthelight.co.nz/ledzep/zososymbol.htm

:thumbsup:

Yes, I've read that explanation, and another explanation by some supposed expert. Problem is Jimmy Page is so private. I hope he one day reveals the meaning once and for all or agrees that the write-ups on it are either on the mark or false. Maybe he'll do a biography on himself one day , like Clapton has done, and tell us all what we want to know.

Yes, I've read that explanation, and another explanation by some supposed expert. Problem is Jimmy Page is so private. I hope he one day reveals the meaning once and for all or agrees that the write-ups on it are either on the mark or false. Maybe he'll do a biography on himself one day , like Clapton has done, and tell us all what we want to know.

I think that link pretty much answers it. Just simply looking at the scan from 'Le Triple Vocabulaire Infernal' shows that Page didn't make the symbol up himself, but that it was there in amongst the text way back in 1848. When you read through it it makes sense. The thing with symbolism is that you can take an existing symbol and add your own meaning to it. There seems to be sources, included in the link, that suspect the 'oso' part to mean 666. This is not necessarily true, or at least not necessarily the meaning that Jimmy has adopted. I always find that link to be pretty solid with the evidence that it gives. Obviously, Page didn't just make the symbol up...but it came from his interest in the occult etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to know what Zoso really means. Not someone's opinion, but Jimmy Page's explanation of it.

Does anyone know if he has revealed that info? I've done a search but can't find it coming from the horse's mouth (so to speak)

Hi Zeppies,

This book called Led Zeppelin Talking by Lewis/Kendall.

It's all in there. Or almost. Bonzo's symbol, Robert's, JPJ's are explained.

Except of JP's.

I would like to know what Zoso really means. Not someone's opinion, but Jimmy Page's explanation of it.

Does anyone know if he has revealed that info? I've done a search but can't find it coming from the horse's mouth (so to speak)

i read about it in a book that day, it was about interpreting led zeppelin's symbols... and zoso means 666... well the ( oso ) alone with that small line connecting the two O's is a symbol of the devil... and the ( Z ) with that small symbol underneath it also has something to do with the devil...

That is pure and utter bs. Zoso has nothing to do with the devil or anything to do with Satan, Lucifer, Hell, or any thing of the likes.

Maybe Zoso doesn't have a meaning and Jimmy thinks our speculation is funny so he doesn't tell. I think he'd do that.