What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Our dog died today after becoming suddenly ill :'( We took her to the vet, thinking she had a UTI, but learned that she had a mass on her spleen and internal bleeding. She was ~15, so surgery really wasn't an option for her. It's been a tough day; we're all taking it pretty hard. :(.

I'm so sorry, Virginia, to hear of your beloved dog's death. :console: Very sorry. :(

:( Looks like it is a bad month for pets. Our pet rat died about an hour ago. A lot of rats inherit respiratory problems and it is a common illness with them. We had 2, and obviously one inherited it. I know many may find rats disgusting but she was our baby and we loved her like one would love a cat or a dog. My boyfriend took it the hardest. She had been sick for a few months now and he had been trying very hard to get her well again. Her sister, Big Mama, will miss her also.

Dear Broken Levee, you're right. It is a bad month for pets. :console: I'm very sorry to hear of your pet rat. I'm sure you'll be there to comfort Big Mama and your boyfriend. :(

I went for a walk this morning (hey I broke my routine! OMG)

And while I was walking I saw this bird, (I think it was a male blackbird) and it had got stuck in a tree, and it was panicking and trying to escape, I could save it becuase I know that birds can be very vicious if they are in a panic, but it really upset me seeing to struggle and me being totally useless.

I am so sorry to hear about everyone's pets.

It is like loosing a family member.

It will take awhile to recover.

My sympathies are with you.

I am still reeling from being forced to erase my video of the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concert last night. :angry:

I was busted by security for recording the concert and they made me erase my memory card of all video (I was allowed to keep my still photos). I think that someone told on me.

Cameras were allowed at the concert, and there were hundreds of people videoing as you could see them down on the floor with their cameras. I refused to erase it at first, but then they were going to kick me out if I didn't do it. I didn't want to embarass my family by getting kicked out, so I did it. I tried to talk my way out of it, but they weren't hearing it. Seems like they were kind of power crazy afterward as they started harrassing people near us for dancing in the aisles, and making others sit down. It was like the gestapo patrolling our section. They busted a few others near us for recording after I was caught.

My receptionist was also at the concert with her family, sitting in a different section, and she video recorded the concert and a security person was standing right next to her the entire time and never said anything to her even though she was holding the camera in a way that was obvious that she was recording it.

I think that people paid enough for this concert (it was worth every penny!) that we shouldn't have been harrassed. And that the video policy should have been posted. My receptionist did e-mail the venue prior to the concert and got the OK for cameras, and it said nothing about forbiding video cameras. It just said that cameras were allowed.

By the way, people were very subdued at this concert, nothing rowdy going on, no need to police the venue like MP's. Seemed like these security people got a taste of power and just went crazy with it.

And I am the most peaceful, non-confrontational person in the world, and I can't believe that I tried to talk them out of making me erase my video, lol. :D

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

My receptionist was also at the concert with her family, sitting in a different section, and she video recorded the concert and a security person was standing right next to her the entire time and never said anything to her even though she was holding the camera in a way that was obvious that she was recording it.

She got the cool security person in her section. Maybe you should have hung out over by her seat for awhile.

Edited by eternal light

Thanks for all the kind words about our dog; everyone is handling it pretty well. The cat misses her too :(

Buck Eye Doc; I'm sorry about your video; that stinks :( But it's great that you were able to see the concert; maybe your receptionist can make a copy of her video for you?

Somebody broke off my bike's saddle to put his/hers on the spot where my bike stood.

Since I earn money riding a bike as beeing a postman I felt free to kick the villain's bike to pieces as well.

I am somehow amazed by my own dark side showing up, it's indeed a sad day.

Somebody broke off my bike's saddle to put his/hers on the spot where my bike stood.

Since I earn money riding a bike as beeing a postman I felt free to kick the villain's bike to pieces as well.

I am somehow amazed by my own dark side showing up, it's indeed a sad day.

I'm so sorry, Reswati. I hope you have a much better day tomorrow! I think you, in a way, returned [the bicycle] to sender. Again, I hope tomorrow's a better day, all in all.

90-C3POjar-1.jpg:elvis2:emoticon-0154-mail.gif

Edited by Fan_S.

This is Not-so-happy week for me:

1.The policeman stopped me and I was arguing for half an hour because apparently I was not allowed to go in one part of fortress where my dad has art studio...Long story.

2.My dad had an operation on eye which had to be done fast 'cause it was possible for him to lose eyesight.

This is Not-so-happy week for me:

1.The policeman stopped me and I was arguing for half an hour because apparently I was not allowed to go in one part of fortress where my dad has art studio...Long story.

2.My dad had an operation on eye which had to be done fast 'cause it was possible for him to lose eyesight.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Lena Zep. :console2: I hope your dad's eye gets better fast. He probably needs to relax for a while, so that his eye can fully recuperate. Take care, Lena Zep!