BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Just finished making a nice beef stroganoff.  

Sauteed mushrooms, shalott, and parsley in some olive oil.  Added beef stock, corn starch, pasta water, red wine and sour cream to the sauté mix.  Then pan fried some shaved ribeye steak with olive oil.  Boiled egg noodles and put it all together in the sauté mix pot.  Very tasty!  

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Just finished making a nice beef stroganoff.  

Sauteed mushrooms, shalott, and parsley in some olive oil.  Added beef stock, corn starch, pasta water, red wine and sour cream to the sauté mix.  Then pan fried some shaved ribeye steak with olive oil.  Boiled egg noodles and put it all together in the sauté mix pot.  Very tasty!  

No Paprika Chuck?

Bleedin' freezing here so I will be warming the cockles with this Caribbean spicy delight:

Jerk Chicken. My mates fiery Scotch Bonnet laden marinade. Served with home made Chips and mayo.

Lots of warming red and a few toots of the new green which I am trying. For educational purposes you understand;)

Breakfast: Cheesecake French Toast.

20171208_112827.thumb.jpg.f4be35a4e1110e9572c201c58c8c404d.jpg

Dinner: Tandoori Salmon. Tumeric and cilantro mashed potatoes. Organic greens with balsamic and mint yogurt chutney. Garlic nan. A nice red zinfandel of which I can't remember the vintage.

20171208_174423.thumb.jpg.19ff9696558e69d70cc51207aae8e04a.jpg

Edited by Strider

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Breakfast: Cheesecake French Toast.

20171208_112827.thumb.jpg.f4be35a4e1110e9572c201c58c8c404d.jpg

Dinner: Tandoori Salmon. Tumeric and cilantro mashed potatoes. Organic greens with balsamic and mint yogurt chutney. Garlic nan. A nice red zinfandel of which I can't remember the vintage.

20171208_174423.thumb.jpg.19ff9696558e69d70cc51207aae8e04a.jpg

Was that a spicy dish man? Red wine is not something I have with spicy. I tend to go for a sweetish wine or a Lassi.

I am doing spicy this evening. Mrs CP's all time fav. Butter Chicken with Nan's

The dark things are chocolate cherry cookies. An Amarena cherry surrounded by a perfectly soft and fluffy chocolate pastry.
And I suppose that eating is a better way to consume them then smoking. But a nice Kirsch could be good company :drinks:

Mrs CP is having her works dinner out , so I am going to the next village along to see a chum for dinner. I have done a Chicken Tikka Masala and he is doing his legendary Aubergine curry. He also makes mean chapattis. Wines and beers aplenty and some of my excellent green. I may have to take the last train back as walking along country roads a bit wasted is not the best idea:)

On 12/10/2017 at 8:08 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Was that a spicy dish man? Red wine is not something I have with spicy. I tend to go for a sweetish wine or a Lassi.

I am doing spicy this evening. Mrs CP's all time fav. Butter Chicken with Nan's

Lightly spiced...but not too spicy where it overwhelms the flavour of the salmon. So the zinfandel worked perfectly with the meal.

I think we all agree that there are only certain times when you can have a Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon or a deep Burgundy. So when it comes to everyday red wines, some are Merlot people. Some are Pinot Noir people. Which is fine...Merlot tends to bore me but I love a good Pinot. But put me down as a Zinfandel guy. I can drink that everyday and with just about everything.

Oh...I remember the wine I had the other night: Peachy Canyon Paso Robles 2014 Zinfandel.

Edited by Strider

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Lightly spiced...but not too spicy where it overwhelms the flavour of the salmon. So the zinfandel worked perfectly with the meal.

I think we all agree that there are only certain times when you can have a Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon or a deep Burgundy. So when it comes to everyday red wines, some are Merlot people. Some are Pinot Noir people. Which is fine...Merlot tends to bore me but I love a good Pinot. But put me down as a Zinfandel guy. I can drink that everyday and with just about everything.

Oh...I remember the wine I had the other night: Peachy Canyon Paso Robles 2014 Zinfandel.

A classic scene from one of my all time fav movies. It's got everything this film. One day we are going to do the trip. Play golf, eat great food, drink wine and smoke some legal  green. Oh we may pay you a visit big man ??

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

A classic scene from one of my all time fav movies. It's got everything this film. One day we are going to do the trip. Play golf, eat great food, drink wine and smoke some legal  green. Oh we may pay you a visit big man ??

Officially legal January 18! 😀