Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Bonzo_fan

Updated Soundboard Wish List

porgie66   
2 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying.  I was not aware that none of the '73 boards are part of the "soundboard revolution".

Crying shame. Frankly I'm good with all the multitude of 75 boards for a while. Does anyone know definitely if the 73 boards were all from Sean the bootlegger? How they came to be distributed? We're they taken from Page or copied ? Wondering what the origins of those tapes are and if there are hoarded tapes out there, endings of shows etc. ??

17 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Crying shame. Frankly I'm good with all the multitude of 75 boards for a while. Does anyone know definitely if the 73 boards were all from Sean the bootlegger? How they came to be distributed? We're they taken from Page or copied ? Wondering what the origins of those tapes are and if there are hoarded tapes out there, endings of shows etc. ??

Yeah, and is New Orleans the only complete U.S. '73 board?

35 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Yes. Off the top of my head, New York 7/28 and 29 73 are near complete, missing encores I think .

Shame.  A 7/21 Providence soundboard would be killer!

7/28 and 7/29 are both basically complete with slight cuts here and there but no songs missing except for Stairway on 7/29. Chicago 7/6 is also pretty much complete. San Diego is almost complete save for most of Dazed.

8 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying.  I was not aware that none of the '73 boards are part of the "soundboard revolution".

Sure, np.  Almost all of the '73 boards are fragments (either first 2/3 or last 1/3), and the complete ones (2nd NY, 1st Chi, NO) predate the "revolution".  Not sure if they're from a single source or not, but pretty sure they're not from the '75 and '77 source.

2 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

7/28 and 7/29 are both basically complete with slight cuts here and there but no songs missing except for Stairway on 7/29. Chicago 7/6 is also pretty much complete. San Diego is almost complete save for most of Dazed.

7/29 only has part (10 min or so) of Dazed, no?  Isn't Moby Dick also missing?

porgie66   
3 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

Oops, forgot about Chicago and San Diego. Chicago 7/6 is a rough show , marred by a rowdy volatile crowd and Plants sick voice. 

23 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

7/29 only has part (10 min or so) of Dazed, no?  Isn't Moby Dick also missing?

I stand corrected:  MD is on the soundboard.

23 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Oops, forgot about Chicago and San Diego. Chicago 7/6 is a rough show , marred by a rowdy volatile crowd and Plants sick voice. 

7-6 has some really good playing from Page and Bonham, however.  7-6 is interesting because it seems clear from the sound that there are two different sources:  the first half is kind of flat-sounding, almost like NO or Dallas, while the second half is very clear and sharp-sounding. 

porgie66   
3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

7-6 has some really good playing from Page and Bonham, however.  7-6 is interesting because it seems clear from the sound that there are two different sources:  the first half is kind of flat-sounding, almost like NO or Dallas, while the second half is very clear and sharp-sounding. 

Yes, true . I don't think there are two sources though. I have Second City Showdown and it sounds to me like the board levels amd EQ changed throughout the course of the show. There were some PA issues , so maybe that's why it sounds different as the show went on. That might be a good candidate for a matrix since both audience and board tapes are near complete. I did a very amateurish matrix of New Orleans and I think it sounds really quite good compared to the flat board tape. You can hear some overlapping but the vibe is better overall. 

I believe most of the 1973 shows came from a source in England - 1st gens from the person who lifted them from Page. 

I think 3 or 4 came from Sean  the Bootlegger and acquired from an inside source in the US.  

I just want a complete soundboard for the Orlando 71 show (Orlando Magic). My favorite Zep boot but the patches sound pretty bad and Whole Lotta Love cuts off during the medley, and probably my favorite live version of the song.

The Bath Festival 1970 would be great too, with Immigrant Song being performed for the first time and that wild rock medley at the end.

On 4/17/2017 at 2:10 PM, porgie66 said:

Im only responsible for Mobile, Chicago (from Rain Song to the end of the show), Buffalo and Fort Worth '73. They were separate from the other '73 boards and held by another person. I circulated them in the old trading circles soon upon receiving them for mass consumption.

3 hours ago, sean_the_bootlegger said:

Im only responsible for Mobile, Chicago (from Rain Song to the end of the show), Buffalo and Fort Worth '73. They were separate from the other '73 boards and held by another person. I circulated them in the old trading circles soon upon receiving them for mass consumption.

Fascinating.

What year(s) would this have been?

porgie66   
11 hours ago, sean_the_bootlegger said:

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for all you've shared!

7 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for all you've shared!

No problem, Porgie. And Im glad to have been able to share with others what was shared with me. Thats what its all about, right? Heres hoping we all get to hear even more material in the future.

7 hours ago, sean_the_bootlegger said:

No problem, Porgie. And Im glad to have been able to share with others what was shared with me. Thats what its all about, right? Heres hoping we all get to hear even more material in the future.

AMEN!