Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
LedZeppfan1977

2018 MLB season thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

.

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ebk said:

Want to join us? :D 

I’d love to! 😘

Über? 😉😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 10:59 AM, Anjin-san said:

Hi Sean!!:wave:

Never,you know I'm a Boston guy. I rooted for A's during so-called "bridge' series against Giant's 79,...

Like I said before,the bloody Sox have broken my heart for 40+ plus years.That is baseball,....:friends:

Yes I do know that. Plus, Boston is the only baseball team in that entire New England region. You really don't have a choice...unless you live in Connecticut. If you are in Western Connecticut I guess you have the option of being a Yankee fan. In Eastern Connecticut you probably find more people choose the Red Sox.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, redrum said:

Have any of you switched allegiances from one team to another?

Staying with SF ever since they came to San Francisco. This is a suck year too. I moved to Washington in 1999 but I could never see myself becoming a Mariner's fan. 

Well, Seattle is pretty far away too. You'd have a hard time getting to games.

My thinking of leaving the Angels behind has nothing to do with their won-loss record. They have Mike Trout the best player in baseball...at least top 3...the Angels will be good again. That's not the problem.

I just don't have any connection to Anaheim. I even hated the name change from California Angels to Anaheim Angels to the patently ridiculous Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. I'm a Los Angelean...have been for most of my life. I should root for a Los Angeles baseball team. Because my friends are Dodger fans I usually end up attending twice as many games at Dodger Stadium than Angel Stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, ebk said:

I'm sorry, did you say something? ;)

 

We'll be fine.  We've sucked before and we've been good before and that will all happen again.  Stop overthinking everything. Just watch the game. 

This is so much different.  Trading away all of our star players is much to take in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strider said:

Well, Seattle is pretty far away too. You'd have a hard time getting to games.

My thinking of leaving the Angels behind has nothing to do with their won-loss record. They have Mike Trout the best player in baseball...at least top 3...the Angels will be good again. That's not the problem.

I just don't have any connection to Anaheim. I even hated the name change from California Angels to Anaheim Angels to the patently ridiculous Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. I'm a Los Angelean...have been for most of my life. I should root for a Los Angeles baseball team. Because my friends are Dodger fans I usually end up attending twice as many games at Dodger Stadium than Angel Stadium.

Seattle's a frikkin' mess. I hate going there but we have to next weekend. The Giants/Dodgers rivalry will continue no matter what. I read that even way back in the 40's or so a Dodger fan (Robert Joyce, drunk) shot and killed two Giants fans. I flew to Anaheim in the late 90's to John Wayne airport to drive a company truck back to the bay area. That was in February. It was 85* in Anaheim and cold/shitty in the bay area. I hated to come back. I had lunch in Huntington Beach and sat there watching the pretty girls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won 16 of their laat 19 games.  They are currently 1.5 games ahead in the first National League Wild Card spot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never give up on the Mets, but there are a lot of teams to root for in the AL; Astros, Sawx, maybe the Tigers or the Indians...  :peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 11:31 PM, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won 16 of their laat 19 games.  They are currently 1.5 games ahead in the first National League Wild Card spot.  

Quite a race with the Brewers and Cubs.  And the NL West teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2018/09/06/detroit-tigers-mario-impemba-rod-allen/1210999002/

Seems our TV announcing crew decided to have a bit of a brawl.  Not sure what serious means, but I hope they're talking about injuries to ego as opposed to physical.  Late 50's is kind of old to be tossing haymakers at each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Dodgers not in the playoffs--don't know if I should tear up or not....

 

😏

They will be. Kicking ass as I type. They are right there.  And I will guarantee that Snell of Tampa wins the Cy Young.  1 hitter this afternoon.  He is a monster of a pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, paul carruthers said:

Dodgers not in the playoffs--don't know if I should tear up or not....

 

😏

Counting your chickens before they hatch, aren't you? Lotta baseball left and the Dodgers are still neck-and-neck with the Rockies for the Division crown.

Meanwhile, the Angels Curse continues...Shohei Ohtani needs Tommy John surgery. Wouldn't be ready to go again until 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Did Teflon Sciosca get fired? I almost forgot if I care...

Haha. He's still the manager. This is his last year on his contract. Some think he'll be fired after the season. Some think he will re-sign with the Angels. Who knows? 

I would prefer the Angels get someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ How can you get fired if you’re not under contract? Lots of talent in the Los Angeles area! If neither make the playoffs it’ll be a travesty for baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Manny Machado and Dodgers about to sweep bitch ass Cardinals under the table!!!😀

The Cardinals did get blown out today against the Dodgers 17-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

The Cardinals did get blown out today against the Dodgers 17-4.

I am all in for the Dodgers.  I am happy to see Milwaukee finally having a good season, and my other boy Schoop who I loved is there helping them.  But Manny Machado is on the Dodgerse and so is Cody Bellinger.  Two of my favorite players.  The Dodgers and Braves have always been my second favorite teams next to my Orioles who have blown up the fort with a barrel of dynamite.  They actually have some guys playing very well notably Villar.  But the pitching staff is non existent after they traded away Britton and Brach and O'day.  Its rebuild city.  So in the meantime, GO DODGERS.  And Braves too.  Nick Markakis will always have a place in my heart. You can be proud of your Cards.  I just do not see them getting in this year. I think Milwaukee is going  to give the Cubs all they can handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am all in for the Dodgers.  I am happy to see Milwaukee finally having a good season, and my other boy Schoop who I loved is there helping them.  But Manny Machado is on the Dodgerse and so is Cody Bellinger.  Two of my favorite players.  The Dodgers and Braves have always been my second favorite teams next to my Orioles who have blown up the fort with a barrel of dynamite.  They actually have some guys playing very well notably Villar.  But the pitching staff is non existent after they traded away Britton and Brach and O'day.  Its rebuild city.  So in the meantime, GO DODGERS.  And Braves too.  Nick Markakis will always have a place in my heart. You can be proud of your Cards.  I just do not see them getting in this year. I think Milwaukee is going  to give the Cubs all they can handle.

I read your post.  I am and will always be proud of the Saint Louis Cardinals.  I have no doubt that they wull make the NL Wild Card.

Not to offend but ir must be very embarrassing to root for your team before rhe start of the season omly to watch them be the absolute worst team on Baseball.

Only 43 wins and a record 107 losses.  That is some very Sorry Playong.  That may be the worst record in Basebal lhistory

I do believe that this gives you NO REASON TO talk Shit about Teams that you Dislike. 

YOUR Orioles will be a big Joke for Years and Years to come.  

At least My Cardinals play well every year.  They do not lose 107 games a season

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Playoff picture looks nice so far--a Dodgers/Astros repeat in October would not disappoint me...

Really? I thought Mets fans are supposed to hate the Dodgers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strider said:

Really? I thought Mets fans are supposed to hate the Dodgers?

 

Going back to the old days, maybe? I just like Kershaw and the old-timers I've seen and read about like Koufax; and the great LaSorda rants....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I read your post.  I am and will always be proud of the Saint Louis Cardinals.  I have no doubt that they wull make the NL Wild Card.

Not to offend but ir must be very embarrassing to root for your team before rhe start of the season omly to watch them be the absolute worst team on Baseball.

Only 43 wins and a record 107 losses.  That is some very Sorry Playong.  That may be the worst record in Basebal lhistory

I do believe that this gives you NO REASON TO talk Shit about Teams that you Dislike. 

YOUR Orioles will be a big Joke for Years and Years to come.  

At least My Cardinals play well every year.  They do not lose 107 games a season

 

 

I am not so sure about that.  They picked up many young talented players for Machado, Schoop, Britton Brach, O'day, etc.  They basically traded the farm.  You have no idea what will happen in two years or even next year.  The Whit Sox did the same thing and they are starting to show signs.  Baltimore will not be bad for years as you say.  Lets not forget, they were in the ALCS just 3 years ago.  St Louis can have a Wild Card, which I do not see them getting over the Brewers by the way.  And you have Colorado right there also.  I still say the Dodgers and Red Sox will be the series, unless the Astros or Indians can knock them off.  Having Machado and Bellinger together is a hell of a combo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×