New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Southern men do not whimper. Ever. If he shows signs of whimpering he will be sent out to shoot beer cans. Thank God we are in charge now.

ROFL!! :lol: Pretty much same thing up here in VA; there may be baseball caps and NASCAR involved... B)

No, you are taking things out of context, Page will fire up Zeppelin without Plant, there are 4 members, not two and Plant is out voted at this point, plus the fans really don't give a shit if Robert remains lead singer anymore.

Like Page said, the music business is an "industry" and the show must go on.

Of course, and the new band will include elements of Led Zeppelin, but it will be a different band. There is only one Robert Plant and there is only one John Bonham.

There is only one Elvis Presley, although there are a ton of Elvi, none of whom replace the original.

The Rolling Stones still have their original singer and drummer. Otherwise they may have ceased to be long ago. I can't imagine anyone replacing Mick Jagger. It's like their recording of It's The Singer Not The Song.

Everywhere you want I always go

I always give in because, babe, you know

You just say so cause you give me that

Feeling inside that I know must be right

It's the singer not the song

It's not the way you give in willingly

Others do it without thrilling me

Giving me that same old feeling inside that I

Know I must be right

The same old places and the same old songs

We've been going there for much too long

There's something wrong and it gives me that feeling

Inside that I know I must be right

Jagger/Richards

No, you are taking things out of context, Page will fire up Zeppelin without Plant, there are 4 members, not two and Plant is out voted at this point, plus the fans really don't give a shit if Robert remains lead singer anymore.

Like Page said, the music business is an "industry" and the show must go on.

I'm not taking anything out of context. Those were his words.

Please stop speaking for every fan out there.

:rolleyes:

Not true, Robert speaks in parables A LOT and has for years.

He was referring to his own vanity of youth with the big hair, open shirts and his prancing and raw sexuality, but this was part of what we all, men and women, loved about Robert and Led Zeppelin.

The sexual edge is what drew men and women to Zeppelin and Robert's singing, remember it was the 70's, we were all higher than a kite and we were all long haired and in shorts.

Robert was just the pretty boy we all wanted to be back then and the ultimate rock star lead singer.

That is all he is referring to, he is not putting down Led Zep, just his own vanity of youth that he took a bit far, it did go to his head a bit, but that is alright with me and millions of other fans who are still in love with that kid he was.

I would like to share a different perspective on his effect.

When the movie came out, I had already been heavily into the band's music for a few years. I used to go see the movie every single week on the Sabbath. I lost a lot of friends who I dragged to the movie with me who thought I was off my rocker. For me, it was always Jimmy who was my influence.

I found Robert, well... all I would have ever wanted from him was his wardrobe. I liked his shirts. My best friend who started to join me on my weekly venture was head over heels over Robert. I used to strain my eyes not to have to look at his frigging crotch. Why the hell couldn't he wear underwear?

I don't like a lot of the lyrics he sings. I find much of it to be very demeaning to women. I don't think he'd know cosmic energy if I bitch slapped him in the face. I loved rock and roll, and hell yeah, the sexuality, but in context. Do you know what's its' like to find someone who actually believes in a relationship in a realm where promiscuity is king?

I watched a couple of interviews with him recently. One from No Quarter which reinforced the impressions he gave me over the years. What an asshole, and one with Charlie Rose where he finally seems to be growing up a little bit.

The thing that makes me the most ill about rock stars, is that they have for years made fortunes, yet for the most part continue to depend on ticket sales when it comes to charity. Why not out of their own pockets.

I saw the same thing with a famous new age book author who everyone thinks is the cat's meow. He made a huge fortune, and I mean huge, but when one of his friends became extremely ill, he turned to those who buy his books to donate their money to help this guy, when often the people buying those books are people whose own lives are in shambles, hence the cause for them buying the idiot's books in the first place.

btw, I couldn't wear shorts. I had to hide the welts from the beatings. I turned to music for comfort. I perhaps should have stuck to classical.

ROFLMAO. :hysterical:

Then they will send him to Texas... and we will complete the conversion here. B)

I am sure you Texans are up to that task :thumbsup:

However we have plans for him here in Tennessee once the conversion is complete. We are going to send him out with local news crews to rescue kittens from trees and then we are going to run him for Governor of Tennessee. We are even renovating the Governor's mansion for him (look it up if you don't believe me). There will be rooms for all his kids, grandkids and even Jimmy Page's grandkids. And we will get to hear him talk every day that way, as Alison said at the Americana awards, we just love to hear him talk. The next time a hurricane hits Nashville's gas supply pipeline, Robert will be on tv with that charming accent of his and convince everyone to ride bicycles. There will be no fistfights in the gas lines. I can see it now. He will do a great job. He will win easily. We will run someone good for Lt. Governor so he can tour when he wants with whom he wants :cheer: . And we will have world peace.

:chickeddance:

Just what the fans want, a "NEW LED ZEPPELIN WITH A YOUNG LEAD SINGER" !!!!

I went down to the Chelsea drugstore

To get your prescription filled

I was standin' in line with Mr. Jimmy

A-man, did he look pretty ill

We decided that we would have a soda

My favorite flavor, cherry red

I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy

Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was 'dead'

I said to him

(You Can't Always Get What You Want) well no!

(You can't always get what you want) tell ya baby

(You can't always get what you want) no

But if you try sometimes, you just might find, mmm!

Mmm! you get what you need

Jagger/Richards

I would like to share a different perspective on his effect.

When the movie came out, I had already been heavily into the band's music for a few years. I used to go see the movie every single week on the Sabbath. I lost a lot of friends who I dragged to the movie with me who thought I was off my rocker. For me, it was always Jimmy who was my influence.

I found Robert, well... all I would have ever wanted from him was his wardrobe. I liked his shirts. My best friend who started to join me on my weekly venture was head over heels over Robert. I used to strain my eyes not to have to look at his frigging crotch. Why the hell couldn't he wear underwear?

I don't like a lot of the lyrics he sings. I find much of it to be very demeaning to women. I don't think he'd know cosmic energy if I bitch slapped him in the face. I loved rock and roll, and hell yeah, the sexuality, but in context. Do you know what's its' like to find someone who actually believes in a relationship in a realm where promiscuity is king?

I watched a couple of interviews with him recently. One from No Quarter which reinforced the impressions he gave me over the years. What an asshole, and one with Charlie Rose where he finally seems to be growing up a little bit.

The thing that makes me the most ill about rock stars, is that they have for years made fortunes, yet for the most part continue to depend on ticket sales when it comes to charity. Why not out of their own pockets.

I saw the same thing with a famous new age book author who everyone thinks is the cat's meow. He made a huge fortune, and I mean huge, but when one of his friends became extremely ill, he turned to those who buy his books to donate their money to help this guy, when often the people buying those books are people whose own lives are in shambles, hence the cause for them buying the idiot's books in the first place.

btw, I couldn't wear shorts. I had to hide the welts from the beatings. I turned to music for comfort. I perhaps should have stuck to classical.

Perhaps you should, because you sure don't seem to understand rock 'n' roll.

Nor the fact that many charitable contributions are made by these artists without fanfare. The charity shows are to persuade others to contribute to the cause and to publicize it.

I am sure you Texans are up to that task :thumbsup:

However we have plans for him here in Tennessee once the conversion is complete. We are going to send him out with local news crews to rescue kittens from trees and then we are going to run him for Governor of Tennessee. We are even renovating the Governor's mansion for him (look it up if you don't believe me). There will be rooms for all his kids, grandkids and even Jimmy Page's grandkids. And we will get to hear him talk every day that way, as Alison said at the Americana awards, we just love to hear him talk. The next time a hurricane hits Nashville's gas supply pipeline, Robert will be on tv with that charming accent of his and convince everyone to ride bicycles. There will be no fistfights in the gas lines. I can see it now. He will do a great job. He will win easily. We will run someone good for Lt. Governor so he can tour when he wants with whom he wants :cheer: . And we will have world peace.

:chickeddance:

:cheer: Brilliant! Suddenly I feel the need to start singing "We Are The World" as Robert leads the way to world peace. He'll be such a stellar model that soon other states will want to follow suit and the next thing you know...President Plant

:banana:

:lol:

B)

I understand rock

I think perhaps the stars don't understand role.

Or the responsibility of mentorship, or influence on younger generations.

Do you not remember all the live aid concerts,

causes and causes over the years?

I'm sorry but bullshit.

There has been way too much wrong, for way too long....

Yet millions or billions to offer for a new tour..

Devestation is ignored, but who gives a shit right?

Seriously, why isn't that money being pumped into rebuilding war torn communities?

while too many dickweeds were having their blood transfused from the vast quantities of horse They pump into their veins because they are so happy with life?

And why is this the responsibility of rock singers? And how do you know they're not actually pumping money into these causes without advertising it? And what does it have to do with the thread topic?

I'm well aware of that - it was a joke :blink:

There are MANY artists who give their time and money to charities, Robert included. Just because it's not always a big fanfare doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just recently Robert and Alison in a WEEK set up a concert where ALL profits were given to hurricane relief funds and those working to put the show together volunteered their time.

It's often actors and musicians who do a lot more for causes than the government.

Yeah, I heard about that concert

and it's about time.

btw, I know that regarding the government, who often don't even have funding for the arts

But in all honesty, things got really really bad before they all started to really take notice...

Anyhow, I don't want to start an argument and I don't want to offend anybody

I just wanted to share a very different perspective from the....

oh yeah... all that stuff is what we were all into... not all of us.

Yeah, I heard about that concert

and it's about time.

btw, I know that regarding the government, who often don't even have funding for the arts

But in all honesty, things got really really bad before they all started to really take notice...

Anyhow, I don't want to start an argument and I don't want to offend anybody

I just wanted to share a very different perspective from the....

oh yeah... all that stuff is what we were all into... not all of us.

Well, calling people's opinions bullshit isn't the BEST way of not offending them, but what the heck. :D

Well, calling people's opinions bullshit isn't the BEST way of not offending them, but what the heck. :D

No, I wasn't calling that person's opinion bullshit

sorry if it came off that way

I regard it bullshit that these guys have done enough

they haven't even come close

Ok, I see what you were saying. I still disagree, in that we don't know how much gets done behind the scenes (and it's a lot), and as I said I don't see why it's musicians that you're holding responsible here anyway, but I guess we just have different views.

I'sd like to think that too. I'm not as sure now as I once was however

Ok, I see what you were saying. I still disagree, in that we don't know how much gets done behind the scenes (and it's a lot), and as I said I don't see why it's musicians that you're holding responsible here anyway, but I guess we just have different views.

Because music is the essence of life

and I am aware that there is a lot going on behind the scenes

but it started late and too many people suffered in the interim

and to boot, the crux of the matter was in Robert's own words

in the No Quarter interview part 1

"It's just a game"

Give me your neck to wring you asshole, you know?

What about the Bonham family and their wishes? What is it they wish for?

I find your anger towards Robert really unnecessary. Being disappointed he doesn't want to tour with Jimmy is one thing but please don't call well respected musicians just because they're from the South hicks. It's offensive. I think if you read through this thread and others, you might find many more Zep fans happy Jimmy is going to go out and perform but don't want him to go under the Zep banner.

I am not angry at Robert...I love Percy but it's time to grow up!! Jimmy should hit the road like we all want him to and call it LED ZEPPELIN...to hell with all this waffling and whining.Myles Kennedy...great...all the better if it leads to activity we are all interested in seeing and hearing.The most important thing necessary to uphold the legacy is powerful material and performance.If the quality is there unleash the beast and those whose sensibilities are threatened by a new singer shoud stay home when ZEP comes calling.Peace.

Ok, well consider the fact that this world has been in deep trouble ever since the so called end of world war 2.

All these bands have made more money that I can ever imagine.

Bought tons of shit, land, stuff, stuff, and more stuff

While child labor reigned and tons of people had nothing to eat.

Between the musicians, artists and entertainers...

Lots could have been done that wasn't.

I don't know, I figure with their fortunes, they could have given most away and reinvested and still made a fortune.

And it isn't Zep that got me on this kick.

It was an interview I read about Paul McCartney

He went to view an exhibit about starving artists

came away from it thinking... oh, it must have been rough...

Without grasping that it still reigns.

For years in Russia, master decorative artists created Zhostovo plates, using hardful laquer paints in tiny little apartments.

There is just so much everywhere, so many people who need help and hope.

And others with massive bank accounts who keep trying to make them even more massive

for what? Some magical day?

I just don't get it.

To me, giving it away and helping create that world that's been long lost would have been the REAL magic. The occult has brought a lot of devestation. Way too many touching it who have had no right.

I can tell!!

He was referring to his own vanity of youth with the big hair, open shirts and his prancing and raw sexuality, but this was part of what we all, men and women, loved about Robert and Led Zeppelin.

Well put, but, no -- Robert was always what I land many other Zep fans liked least about Led Zeppelin. This is nothing new for Robert fans to hear -- and Robert himself seems to share the view sometimes.

That said, the revelation that Myles Kennedy has been rehearsing with them doesn't bode well.

I got so confused when i read through the last few pages, am I here in the thread of new singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

We all know it"s not Robert by now, so please talk about someone else.

Yeah, Myles Kennedy from Creed/Altered Creed has been rehearsing with them and supposedly Pagey and Jonesy are happy with the results. That's confirmed, multiple sources as of this weekend but it started back on Friday. The moderators of this site, however, won't, allow a Myles Kennedy new singer? thread. Hence, the endless discussions about Robert's state of mind.

I think they should trot Kennedy out there this week as a stalking horse, take whatever heat'll come, then change course and find somebody more interesting.

Yeah, Myles Kennedy from Creed/Altered Creed has been rehearsing with them and supposedly Pagey and Jonesy are happy with the results. That's confirmed, multiple sources as of this weekend but it started back on Friday. The moderators of this site, however, won't, allow a Myles Kennedy new singer? thread. Hence, the endless discussions about Robert's state of mind.

I think they should trot Kennedy out there this week as a stalking horse, take whatever heat'll come, then change course and find somebody more interesting.

Ridiculous. Where has this been confirmed? And by whom? It hasn't, and while it hasn't, the speculation will continue. Hence there is no need for a new thread.

The discussion on Robert is another matter; it is entirely irrelevant to this topic, but it just seems to resurface ad infinitum, and all over the place.

Ridiculous. Where has this been confirmed? And by whom? It hasn't, and while it hasn't, the speculation will continue. Hence there is no need for a new thread.

The discussion on Robert is another matter; it is entirely irrelevant to this topic, but it just seems to resurface ad infinitum, and all over the place.

True, I won’t take it's confirmed until there is an official announcement.

And I'd rather have a discussion on Jimmy, JPJ and Jason's state of mind, since Robert is not involved. B)

Likes and dislikes aside, reasonable people can express the "why" of their position.

Lets look at it as a musical stew and what flavor it will have good or bad, rather than a "I hate pot roast! I want ice cream" discussion.

Given a set of players ie. 3J's plus "X" not including Robert Plant what will their new music be?

It won't be Zep even if it is billed that way for promotion.

ANY RP replacement will never meet expectations. Even if it's close like that guy from virtual.

For the sake of rational discussion, lets get over the emotional "I feel ripped off" mentality. RP will do as he will. You have no control over that. You're pissed or harbor resentments.

"Why can't I have my way? Me me me." Good point ROKAROLLA.

We all get it. Lets try to elevate the discussion.

I for one, want FURTHER music, rather than a re-capturing of past glory.

Myles Kennedy and Led Zeppelin smacks of Page/Coverdale to me, which I wouldn't define as "further music" - it was hardly worth doing. I view Jimmy Page as the Miles Davis of rock and while I thought the Firm was a solid effort by Page and Rogers, Page/Coverdale only tainted his legacy. Since then, Jimmy has forged interesting partnerships that led to some great collaborations, even though at first they might have horrified Led Zep fans (Puff Daddy and Leona Lewis). Those turned out well and the Crowes tours were even better. Recording with Steve Albini was another step in the direction of being interesting, of trying new things and, as you say, "further music."

Myles Kennedy is anything but interesting. It's just about replacing Robert with somebody young and reliable who can hit the notes on a Zeppelin tour. It's about getting a singer who can help relive the past. Perry Ferrell, for example, is interesting. Myles Kennedy is not. Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon -- interesting. Myles Kennedy, not. Leona Lewis -- interesting and new. Myles Kennedy, yaawwwwnn. Neil Young -- why not???

I too want to hear further music, but let's get off the hard rock vein. It hasn't been all that interesting in over a decade, so why go there? Leave that shit to Slash and get on with something new. I want to see Jimmy be the Miles Davis of rock, not just an aging guitar god retreading his back pages.

With John Paul, there is a good reason to hope that whatever new music is made presents landscapes that aren't beholden to one singer. So why get hung up on who's singing? Why not multiple singers, different moods, and bring a few on tour.

Jimmy should be careful here (and I know, he wasn't careful or thoughtful in the 80s) -- imagine Keith without Mick. He did that once but had an entirely new band and a great album. That's what Jimmy has to do here. To settle on one singer is unfair to that singer. So have a few new landscapes ready to play, a few singers, and Robert could even come and go as he pleases.

And yes, Jimmy should call it Led Zeppelin -- but not if he's simply replacing Robert with the guy from Creed.

Archived